Around the NFL III - The NFLiest Yet

y2lamanaki

Should the Seahawks move to the CFL?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Seahawks move to the CFL?

• Yes, be gone with them already.
    • No, I want see the Seahawks get beat down in the NFC West for years to come.
    • No, because then poor RudyZ might be stuck with them.
    • No, because I am a proud toothless member of the 12th Man which you all know means I became a fan in 2012. It's also the last year I took a shower, because my hygiene is lacking.

2 hours ago, GW21 said:

It’s funny, I mentioned when we were at 12 that we should consider taking him and kicking him back to DE. He is explosive. 

He was an amazingly explosive player, but it's an immense risk spending such a valuable pick on that idea. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, JIllg said:

He was an amazingly explosive player, but it's an immense risk spending such a valuable pick on that idea. 

Yeah, I do see where you are coming from, but at the same time I feel like he’s one of those rare dudes that you could draft him and find a spot for him when you got him in the building. Just so elite athletically and plays the game so violently. 

I legitimately have no understanding why the Rams took a good, functioning offense with Goff...and turned it on it's head with a better QB in Stafford. 

They were so heavy playaction under goff and we have seen time and time again how effective playaction is. They were one of the heavies in the league. They get Stafford and start going heavy drop back traditional without PA and I don't get why. One of the reasons I was so bullish on getting stafford was because I thought you would see a jump in his performance going heavy play action which he has seldom had throughout his career. 

Why the Rams decided to walk away from that I will never understand. 

1 hour ago, Forge said:

I legitimately have no understanding why the Rams took a good, functioning offense with Goff...and turned it on it's head with a better QB in Stafford. 

They were so heavy playaction under goff and we have seen time and time again how effective playaction is. They were one of the heavies in the league. They get Stafford and start going heavy drop back traditional without PA and I don't get why. One of the reasons I was so bullish on getting stafford was because I thought you would see a jump in his performance going heavy play action which he has seldom had throughout his career. 

Why the Rams decided to walk away from that I will never understand. 

Has Stafford ever been in a PA heavy offense? Could that be why? They also are going more 3 and 4 WR sets, right? 

It is a bit weird for sure. 

2 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Has Stafford ever been in a PA heavy offense? Could that be why? They also are going more 3 and 4 WR sets, right? 

It is a bit weird for sure. 

Nope, but he's been one of the better play action passers the last couple of years. I think his offense was a PA heavy the year he only played 8 games, but I'm pretty sure that he has largely been in the bottom third when it comes to play action year to year. He has really been in some weird offenses. Jim Bob Cooter had him running the Drew Brees 5 yard depth of target offense lol 

I tried telling @Forgethat Stafford was exactly who we thought he was!!! All those monster stats with very good weapons and very little team success. Obviously not all his fault but he's not THAT dude either. Very good QB in a QB friendly system so he was going to have success in LA as he has but can he take you to the promise land? Yet to be determined..........

2 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I tried telling @Forgethat Stafford was exactly who we thought he was!!! All those monster stats with very good weapons and very little team success. Obviously not all his fault but he's not THAT dude either. Very good QB in a QB friendly system so he was going to have success in LA as he has but can he take you to the promise land? Yet to be determined..........

Yes and no. He is prone to giving defenses chances, as he has a tendency to think he's Rodgers in terms of accuracy and fitting balls into certain windows. But it's very evident that they've done less to help him in terms of passing concepts and PA boots like they did for Goff. It's like McVay figured that because he now has a comptent pocket passer that he didn't have to scheme as much. But Stafford needs those layups too, as he has his issues seeing the whole field at times. He will take unnecessary chances when reads aren't clear. He can still be effective in those straight dropback situations. But you don't want to put the entire fate of your passing game on his arm. He's not that QB anymore.

Edited by 757-NINER

2 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

Yes and no. He is prone to giving defenses chances, as he has a tendency to think he's Rodgers in terms of accuracy and fitting balls into certain windows. But it's very evident that they've done less to help him in terms of passing concepts and PA boots like they did for Goff. It's like McVay figured that because he now has a comptent pocket passer that he didn't have to scheme as much. But Stafford needs those layups too, as he has his issues seeing the whole field at times. He will take unnecessary chances when reads aren't clear. He can still be effective in those straight dropback situations. But you don't want to put the entire fate of your passing game on his arm. He's not that QB anymore.

Yes and no on what exactly?? Sure McVay has done less to help him as he had to do a whole a lot to help Goff's incompetence...But Stafford was getting passees that were not warranted. Despite his stats, no one ever was looking at him as an upper echelon QB. He also had a HORRENDOUS record vs winning teams and guess what the Rams record is against winning teams this season? 1-4 and he has not been good in any of the losses. He is what he is.....

3 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Yes and no on what exactly?? Sure McVay has done less to help him as he had to do a whole a lot to help Goff's incompetence...But Stafford was getting passees that were not warranted. Despite his stats, no one ever was looking at him as an upper echelon QB. He also had a HORRENDOUS record vs winning teams and guess what the Rams record is against winning teams this season? 1-4 and he has not been good in any of the losses. He is what he is.....

Upper echelon is subjective. He never had the talent around him to ever truly gauge him amongst his peers. He spent years forcing the ball to Megatron, with little to no other complementary peices or coaching and virtually NO defense to play along side. He has top 5 potential in the right system. He would definitely be top 5 in this system, with this run game. Like he would seriously be putting up video game numbers with Shanny...and beating those winning teams. 

2 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

Upper echelon is subjective. He never had the talent around him to ever truly gauge him amongst his peers. He spent years forcing the ball to Megatron, with little to no other complementary peices or coaching and virtually NO defense to play along side. He has top 5 potential in the right system. He would definitely be top 5 in this system, with this run game. Like he would seriously be putting up video game numbers with Shanny...and beating those winning teams. 

I mean what is bad about the supporting cast he has right now? He's really never not had good weapons around him. 

This isn't to say he isn't a good QB or even a very good QB because he certainly is. But it would be silly to ignore his performances throughout his career against good teams. Simply has not got it done.

2 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I mean what is bad about the supporting cast he has right now? He's really never not had good weapons around him. 

This isn't to say he isn't a good QB or even a very good QB because he certainly is. But it would be silly to ignore his performances throughout his career against good teams. Simply has not got it done.

Right now, it's McVay and the gameplan when they face those better teams. It's like he'd rather get into a aerial duel and go throw-for-throw with A-Rod than playing to your strengths and using your run game. He abandons the run way too early and he doesn't use tempo like did with Goff to put defenses on their heels. And make no mistake about it, they absolutely miss Woods. OBJ will help them with how much he'll help open up space for Kupp to work. But Woods did so much in terms of his route tree and being able play all three WR positions seamlessly, from play to play.