Around the NFL III - The NFLiest Yet

y2lamanaki

Should the Seahawks move to the CFL?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Seahawks move to the CFL?

• Yes, be gone with them already.
    • No, I want see the Seahawks get beat down in the NFC West for years to come.
    • No, because then poor RudyZ might be stuck with them.
    • No, because I am a proud toothless member of the 12th Man which you all know means I became a fan in 2012. It's also the last year I took a shower, because my hygiene is lacking.

1 minute ago, Forge said:

They already resigned hill and I'm not sure why they wouldn't just bring back Winston on the cheap. At 60 million over the cap, pinching pennies is real

I am not as aware of their cap issues, but hill is not a QB that they want starting games and Winston could end up costing more than Jimmy.  I am not sure who are the potential interested teams are, it would be nice to get some value back for him and I imagine we can pull something like a second this year with a third next.

1 minute ago, burlow said:

I am not as aware of their cap issues, but hill is not a QB that they want starting games and Winston could end up costing more than Jimmy.  I am not sure who are the potential interested teams are, it would be nice to get some value back for him and I imagine we can pull something like a second this year with a third next.

Winston won't cost more than Jimmy. He signed for 5.5 million this year, was okay,  and tore his ACL. Jimmy costs 25+ million before a restructure + extension. 

Payton loves using taysom so that is not going away. Think it makes more sense for them to have the cheaper option as the platoon with hill. 

There are just not a lot of options for Jimmy right now. If I'm the Texans, not even sure why I'd give up on mills to pluck Jimmy either

Rookie QB's have had a rough 2021. Lawrence, Wilson, Fields & Mills i think are or have been on PFF's bottom 5 ranking list at some point, may still be on there. And for Mac, he started off nothing special, had a decent (but IMO overrated) middle of the season, and has had a rough few weeks since. 

3 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

Rookie QB's have had a rough 2021. Lawrence, Wilson, Fields & Mills i think are or have been on PFF's bottom 5 ranking list at some point, may still be on there. And for Mac, he started off nothing special, had a decent (but IMO overrated) middle of the season, and has had a rough few weeks since. 

The Mac 'hype' if you will was nauseating at one point. He was simply making the right reads, getting the ball out on time and was fairly accurately doing so. There was nothing earth shattering with his play but the media acted like a rookie doing these things was mind blowing. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

Mills has been promising to some degree. Third round pick, his team is just as bad as the jags and Jets and you could argue he's been the best of all three

2 hours ago, Forge said:

Mills has been promising to some degree. Third round pick, his team is just as bad as the jags and Jets and you could argue he's been the best of all three

Was a guy i liked but the injury history was scary and a big reason he was a 3rd round pick. If he had been healthy in college i think he has the talent to have been a first rounder.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Justone2 said:

Was a guy i liked but the injury history was scary and a big reason he was a 3rd round pick. If he had been healthy in college i think he has the talent to have been a first rounder.

Yeah, he was very Jimmy G ish in college. So good at quick timing routes over the middle, but not so good down the sidelines and vile on the run. A better athlete than the Geezus though - Mills can really move. And Mills has a bigger arm. Just didn’t get a lot of snaps.