Around the NFL III - The NFLiest Yet

y2lamanaki

Should the Seahawks move to the CFL?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Seahawks move to the CFL?

• Yes, be gone with them already.
    • No, I want see the Seahawks get beat down in the NFC West for years to come.
    • No, because then poor RudyZ might be stuck with them.
    • No, because I am a proud toothless member of the 12th Man which you all know means I became a fan in 2012. It's also the last year I took a shower, because my hygiene is lacking.

6 minutes ago, Forge said:

Continues to be talk of Flores / Watson teaming up still moving forward. 

Mara (Giants) also apparently likes Flores. 

Really interesting spot there. Two top ten picks this year makes that a very intriguing trade partner for Houston as well. 

I suppose it ultimately comes down to what happens with Watson's legal situation 

I think Watson at most will be facing some misdemeanor charges and will come to some sort of settlement. What does the league do with that? I think for teams interested in trading for him, they will still pull the trigger and live with the immediate backlash.

Giants to me seem to be the most likely Wilson destination. Had not thought about Watson going there. 

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

I think Watson at most will be facing some misdemeanor charges and will come to some sort of settlement. What does the league do with that? I think for teams interested in trading for him, they will still pull the trigger and live with the immediate backlash.

Giants to me seem to be the most likely Wilson destination. Had not thought about Watson going there. 

I think if there are criminal charges of some sort, you have to have some sort of discipline to continue some degree of continuity and uniform discipline. I mean, they suspended Zeke for multiple games and he was never even charged if I remember right. 

If the Giants are comfortable with acquiring Watson, they should go after it. With two top ten picks they certainly hold sway over other competitive trade partners. The Giants roster is actually not bad if they can just solve a little of the offensive line besides Thomas. Adding Watson would put them right up there with Dallas imo. 

58 minutes ago, Forge said:

I think if there are criminal charges of some sort, you have to have some sort of discipline to continue some degree of continuity and uniform discipline. I mean, they suspended Zeke for multiple games and he was never even charged if I remember right. 

If the Giants are comfortable with acquiring Watson, they should go after it. With two top ten picks they certainly hold sway over other competitive trade partners. The Giants roster is actually not bad if they can just solve a little of the offensive line besides Thomas. Adding Watson would put them right up there with Dallas imo. 

Wow, putting them right up there with Dallas? Interesting, I have to study that roster a little more. 

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

Wow, putting them right up there with Dallas? Interesting, I have to study that roster a little more. 

Well, I think Watson is a better QB than Dak, so that helps level out some things and I think that there is some luck involved with turnovers. But the Giants roster has some nice players on it...they are just devalued by a substantial margin due to the black hole that is the offensive line and the QB play. 

1 minute ago, StevenK said:

Horrible throw at the end too. 

I don't know what his choices were though on that final call. I'm more critical of the playcall than the throw because I don't think they gave Carr much of a chance. They had a 4 route play call where three of routes were not in the end zone and the primary read (Waller) was on a static, stop and sit route. Just a horrific idea. 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

That first drive by New England perfectly encapsulated why some people loved Mac Jones, but why people were really put off by the physical limitations. 

Yeah, that final throw was one of his pretty SEC tds, too. It’s a rough league out here. Gotta drill that throw in the hole created by the double move. Anything floating too much, no matter how accurate, can sometimes be fair game.

47 minutes ago, JIllg said:

Yeah, that final throw was one of his pretty SEC tds, too. It’s a rough league out here. Gotta drill that throw in the hole created by the double move. Anything floating too much, no matter how accurate, can sometimes be fair game.

The first two outs he threw had soooooooooooooooooooo much air under them as well. I mean, if his timing (or that of the receiver) is knocked off even for a second those can easily be pick sixes or he's eating a sack. The long pass was actually a solid throw, but it's slightly underthrown with a lot of air to the inside rather than the outside and like you said, the NFL will eat up those minor things 

But he really did well to understand the pocket on that 3rd and 14, get to a clean, safe space to set and throw for a big gain to Henry. The scramble was another really quality read on his pocket. 

Into the second half and half of Mac's completions are to running backs and 42% of his targets. This is the kind of stuff that I'll be curious about moving forward. 

He wasn't overly reliant on running backs / receivers as a whole, but I am curious as to whether you can force him into a checkdown charlie. 

14 minutes ago, Forge said:

Into the second half and half of Mac's completions are to running backs and 42% of his targets. This is the kind of stuff that I'll be curious about moving forward. 

He wasn't overly reliant on running backs / receivers as a whole, but I am curious as to whether you can force him into a checkdown charlie. 

There’s a man that would love a Deebo to take all of those low adot targets and make them special. 

• Like 1

If Lance can develop into 80% of what Josh Allen is, this offense will be epic. He doesn't need to be a consensus Top 3-5 QB annually. Just give me Allen-esque type of escapbility/mobillty, continued development of that mid-deep range accuracy & anticipation, all the while developing a understanding of how to exploit defenses within the structure of the scheme and there will be NOTHING the rest of the league can do to stop us.

• Like 1