Around the NFL III - The NFLiest Yet

y2lamanaki

Should the Seahawks move to the CFL?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Seahawks move to the CFL?

• Yes, be gone with them already.
    • No, I want see the Seahawks get beat down in the NFC West for years to come.
    • No, because then poor RudyZ might be stuck with them.
    • No, because I am a proud toothless member of the 12th Man which you all know means I became a fan in 2012. It's also the last year I took a shower, because my hygiene is lacking.

Just now, Forge said:

One of those types of games

Yep, Titans made all the big stops. Kind of reminded me of Cowboys vs Bills. 

Lamar's first Q INT led to a TD, then next possession he fails to get the 4th and 1 in their own side of the field and the Titans score a play later. Then his fumble in the 2nd half led to another TD I believe.

Titans RZ defense was great. Ravens still for the most part moved the ball at will. Can't make these many mistakes though. Titans play a old school brand of football and it's glorious to see them just kill clock end of games with a freaking 250 pound RB that no one wants to tackle lol. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

The opposing QB had less than 100 yards passing. In fact, two Titans wins and both games he threw for less than 100 yards. Jimmy G threw for 131 yards in a win. Simply put, Titans made the big game changing stops on 4th and 1 and then Jackson had a few bad turnovers. This didn't have to do with being a pocket passer or not. 

Not saying Jimmy won the game for the Niners. But it’s the style of offense. Pocket passing QB offenses win in the playoffs. Literally every year some run first QB led team is the sexy pick and it just never works. 

The only two to win a Super Bowl that in their career were considered runners were Russell Wilson and Steve Young. Both were scramblers who stayed behind the line and kept their eyes downfield when they won Super Bowls. 

2 minutes ago, straighthate said:

Not saying Jimmy won the game for the Niners. But it’s the style of offense. Pocket passing QB offenses win in the playoffs. Literally every year some run first QB led team is the sexy pick and it just never works. 

The only two to win a Super Bowl that in their career were considered runners were Russell Wilson and Steve Young. Both were scramblers who stayed behind the line and kept their eyes downfield when they won Super Bowls. 

How many running QBs are there compared to pocket passers? 

And again, Tannehill literally had less than 90 yards passing. 

The Titans just made great stops. Got fortunate on some drops that led to turnovers or were drive killers. But the two QBs that won did very little to win. It just happens that way sometimes. 

2 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

How many running QBs are there compared to pocket passers? 

And again, Tannehill literally had less than 90 yards passing. 

The Titans just made great stops. Got fortunate on some drops that led to turnovers or were drive killers. But the two QBs that won did very little to win. It just happens that way sometimes. 

We’ll have to agree to disagree. I’m not just talking about this year. To me the proof is in the list of super bowl winning QBs. Until a team running a college type offense wins a Super Bowl, I feel pretty good about betting against these running QBs every post season. 

33 minutes ago, straighthate said:

We’ll have to agree to disagree. I’m not just talking about this year. To me the proof is in the list of super bowl winning QBs. Until a team running a college type offense wins a Super Bowl, I feel pretty good about betting against these running QBs every post season. 

Understand your position, but it's a small sample size fallacy imo. We were a very fluky loss from getting there with the same Roman offense and Colin Kaepernick. This Ravens loss was rather fluky on a yds per play basis. There have just been so few true examples of a spread optiony style of offense actually being adopted that it is way more likely that they don't reach the Super Bowl than they do. The main concern is less NFL defense than risking your most valuable player on runs regularly (again imo).

Ok, I think we all collectively, as a forum, need to admit how wrong we were about Earl Thomas and how fortunate we are that we didn't sign him to a huge contract this off-season. 

He wouldn't have fit in our locker room and Jimmie ward has been better this year. 

My goodness, Jimmie ward has been good this year 

Who would have thought. We all wanted to cut him before the 5th year option kicked in, but what we should have done was sign him to a LTD lol 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, N4L said:

Ok, I think we all collectively, as a forum, need to admit how wrong we were about Earl Thomas and how fortunate we are that we didn't sign him to a huge contract this off-season. 

He wouldn't have fit in our locker room and Jimmie ward has been better this year. 

My goodness, Jimmie ward has been good this year 

Who would have thought. We all wanted to cut him before the 5th year option kicked in, but what we should have done was sign him to a LTD lol 

Meh, this year has been pretty much the outliner of Ward's career though. He's stayed healthy (knock on wood) AND he's played lights out. No one saw this coming because frankly there wasn't any indication that it was possible. Hindsight is ALWAYS 20/20. 

And I think Thomas would have fit in just fine with our locker room. He's really no different than Sherman. And I would argued that had he been able to play in our scheme....you know the one he's made a HOF career playing in at a extremely high level...with our defensive front, that he would have at the least, looked as good as Ward. I know Ward has played great ball this year but let's not act like Thomas couldn't have possibly played even better. That's very likely, all things considered.

Edited by 757-NINER
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

If the chiefs lose, whoever takes the NFC will win the Superbowl. 

Not so fast. Watson and the Texans offense has scary potential. Their defense wouldn't alarm me that much...even with Watt. But Watson and his mobility would be a problem for any NFC team....especially us. Throw in a decent ground game with Hyde and they could definitely be a problem.

• Like 1

I know pretty much all football fans would want their team to have a first round bye. But the Chiefs are a startling example of why having two weeks off can be detrimental. They look like they've been doing walk-throughs the past two weeks. Just not mentally prepared to play imo...