Around the NFL III - The NFLiest Yet

y2lamanaki

Should the Seahawks move to the CFL?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Seahawks move to the CFL?

• Yes, be gone with them already.
    • No, I want see the Seahawks get beat down in the NFC West for years to come.
    • No, because then poor RudyZ might be stuck with them.
    • No, because I am a proud toothless member of the 12th Man which you all know means I became a fan in 2012. It's also the last year I took a shower, because my hygiene is lacking.

40 minutes ago, Chrissooner49er said:

:o  

Something is rotten in the NFC...that is absolutely ridiculous. Perhaps it provides evidence for  the luck and favored calls perception?! ¬¬

I cannot stand Pete Carroll.

Cowboys also have a -2 turnover differential while the Seahawks have a +10. Seahawks have 27 takeaways to the Cowboys 14. Which is a much better stat to determine succes than yards or points. Besides that Seattle has a TOP of 31:09 to the Dallas 29:07.

19 minutes ago, Justone2 said:

Cowboys also have a -2 turnover differential while the Seahawks have a +10. Seahawks have 27 takeaways to the Cowboys 14. Which is a much better stat to determine succes than yards or points. Besides that Seattle has a TOP of 31:09 to the Dallas 29:07.

Now that makes too much sense. Getting in the way of my hate! How dare you!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chrissooner49er said:

Now that makes too much sense. Getting in the way of my hate! How dare you!

To go along with @Justone2's point about yards/points not being a great indicator of success, 5 of the 6 Cowboys wins have been by double digits/large margins. All five of those opponents have losing records and four have 3 or fewer wins. They have also lost 4 games by a combined 12 points, leading to the weird margins. Seattle likewise seems to only play one score games which contributes to the really odd points/yards stats.

1 minute ago, y2lamanaki said:

To go along with @Justone2's point about yards/points not being a great indicator of success, 5 of the 6 Cowboys wins have been by double digits/large margins. All five of those opponents have losing records and four have 3 or fewer wins. They have also lost 4 games by a combined 12 points, leading to the weird margins. Seattle likewise seems to only play one score games which contributes to the really odd points/yards stats.

U 2, Y2?! Oh the humanity! 

2 minutes ago, Chrissooner49er said:

U 2, Y2?! Oh the humanity! 

Well, it doesn't really negate your thoughts that luck plays a large role. All stats are indicators. Those stats in the tweet indicate the two teams are closer in talent than many assume. And luck plays a significant factor in turnovers/and records in one-score games. Change the outcome of 4 field goals on the season, and each team has 8 wins.

• Like 1

if the Hawks/49ers have to go away to play the 7-9 Cowboys or Eagles..that's ridiculous. Puts more emphasis winning a division over having a better record. Seeding needs to be fixed. At least make it a home game for NFCW. Personally, I think seeding should just be who has the best record...

26 minutes ago, John232 said:

if the Hawks/49ers have to go away to play the 7-9 Cowboys or Eagles..that's ridiculous. Puts more emphasis winning a division over having a better record. Seeding needs to be fixed. At least make it a home game for NFCW. Personally, I think seeding should just be who has the best record...

I agree that it sucks for us if we end up the 5th seed (hopefully that doesn't happen) but I do think its the correct way to do it. Winning your division should have a carrot imo.

11 minutes ago, Ftn49 said:

I agree that it sucks for us if we end up the 5th seed (hopefully that doesn't happen) but I do think its the correct way to do it. Winning your division should have a carrot imo.

I really don't think it should mean anything. You're lucky, that's it. You shouldn't be rewarded for being the worse team. That said, the compromise should be that SF/SEA doesn't get a bye, but they get a home game in the WC. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, John232 said:

I really don't think it should mean anything. You're lucky, that's it. You shouldn't be rewarded for being the worse team. That said, the compromise should be that SF/SEA doesn't get a bye, but they get a home game in the WC. 

Weve made the playoffs three times since 2003ish. This year would be #4

If we don't win the division but win 12 games it will be the second time that's happened to us out of the 4 times we've made the playoffs in that span. Horse****

I'm a season ticket holder and I want to go to a damn playoff game. The last one was in 2012 when kaep ran for 180+. Feels like a lifetime ago 

45 minutes ago, Ftn49 said:

It does. You make the playoffs over teams with better records (currently see Chicago Bears and Los Angeles Rams).

I may need statistical trivia guru @y2lamanaki to double check, but I believe the record for "best" wild card team was the Titans in 1999 or 2000 whatever year it was they went to the super bowl. They were a 13-3 Wild Card. The only way we could beat that is if we win out and then tie Seattle the next time we play them to finish 13-2-1 (we would lose the tie breaker with Seattle in that scenario with the same record). Otherwise we can only match the best wild card team ever. 

8 minutes ago, Forge said:

I may need statistical trivia guru @y2lamanaki to double check, but I believe the record for "best" wild card team was the Titans in 1999 or 2000 whatever year it was they went to the super bowl. They were a 13-3 Wild Card. The only way we could beat that is if we win out and then tie Seattle the next time we play them to finish 13-2-1 (we would lose the tie breaker with Seattle in that scenario with the same record). Otherwise we can only match the best wild card team ever. 

The 1999 Titans have the best ever record of a Wild Card team. However they played in the old 3-division conference setup, so they were a 4-seed and hosted the 5-seed Buffalo Bills.

The 49ers would have the best record of any 5-seed or team opening the playoffs on the road.

• Like 1