Around the NFL III - The NFLiest Yet

y2lamanaki

Should the Seahawks move to the CFL?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Seahawks move to the CFL?

• Yes, be gone with them already.
    • No, I want see the Seahawks get beat down in the NFC West for years to come.
    • No, because then poor RudyZ might be stuck with them.
    • No, because I am a proud toothless member of the 12th Man which you all know means I became a fan in 2012. It's also the last year I took a shower, because my hygiene is lacking.

3 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Seahawks defense is seriously horrendous. No clue what they were doing that drive. 

Alright, the last two playoff runs we made, we beat the Packers once in the regular season and then again in the playoffs. Will have to do that again. 

This team is much better than those Harbaugh teams and The Packers arent the packers for the old 

5 minutes ago, Dub_City30 said:

This team is much better than those Harbaugh teams and The Packers arent the packers for the old 

Much better than those teams? Um, we shall see. Think we have a coach who will be more aggressive in spots and is more creative offensively. A lot of similarities in how physical the teams are up front though. 

3 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Much better than those teams? Um, we shall see. Think we have a coach who will be more aggressive in spots and is more creative offensively. A lot of similarities in how physical the teams are up front though. 

I think we are, but I think that is largely due to the fact that I would rate Shanny considerably higher with regards to in game coaching / strategy than I would Harbaugh / Roman. 

This team has much better receivers, and as great as VD was, not quite as good at tight end as Kittle overall. Gore was okay, not great during that run, but I think the offensive line back then was better. Defensively, I think its really tough to call. 

21 minutes ago, Forge said:

I think we are, but I think that is largely due to the fact that I would rate Shanny considerably higher with regards to in game coaching / strategy than I would Harbaugh / Roman. 

This team has much better receivers, and as great as VD was, not quite as good at tight end as Kittle overall. Gore was okay, not great during that run, but I think the offensive line back then was better. Defensively, I think its really tough to call. 

That offense we had in the 2012 playoffs was scary good and efficient. That defense was not. This team may be better, but I can't say "much better" just yet. This team has a higher peak overall compared to those teams, and it does have to do with Shanny's genius game planning. 

58 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Oh yeah I firmly believe so. We have a pretty good QB in Jimmy G whose much better than Alex Smith or Kaep. Our running game is just as good if not better. Our D-Lne is probably the best D line in the last 20 years and our seceondary is way better now then it was then. That great pass rush in 12 made guys like Whitner, Goldson and Rodgers look better in coverage then they reallybwere.  Even our weapons now are so much better than an ageing Randy Moss and a slow Michael Crabtree. The onley thing that team had better was a better O-Line and LB gtoup with Bowman and Willis. Lastly Kyle Shanhan is a better in game coach then Harbaugh. That 12 offense was scary but Roman would call the samenplay over and over again it was so ******* perdictable and it cost us a Super Bowl. 

33 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

That offense we had in the 2012 playoffs was scary good and efficient. That defense was not. This team may be better, but I can't say "much better" just yet. This team has a higher peak overall compared to those teams, and it does have to do with Shanny's genius game planning. 

That offense was never ranked up there with the best this years does. 

12 minutes ago, Dub_City30 said:

That offense was never ranked up there with the best this years does. 

Our offense in 2012 was top 5 per DVOA and in the playoffs it was great. Our running game was not better than that running game, just off Kap. Seriously, go back and see just how good and efficient the offense was that postseason. If we play to that level the rest of the way, the SB is ours… fairly easy. 

6 hours ago, Forge said:

49ers are in much better shape defensively than they were at least in 2012. It's only been one game, but it's the been playoff performance on the defensive side since...I think the 2011 NFC Championship. 

Witherspoon's struggles remind me of how Chris Culliver fell off a cliff, but thankfully the 49ers have a good replacement in Mosley. Also, no torn triceps for our best defensive player. 

Edited by PapaShogun

5 hours ago, Dub_City30 said:

Oh yeah I firmly believe so. We have a pretty good QB in Jimmy G whose much better than Alex Smith or Kaep. Our running game is just as good if not better. Our D-Lne is probably the best D line in the last 20 years and our seceondary is way better now then it was then. That great pass rush in 12 made guys like Whitner, Goldson and Rodgers look better in coverage then they reallybwere.  Even our weapons now are so much better than an ageing Randy Moss and a slow Michael Crabtree. The onley thing that team had better was a better O-Line and LB gtoup with Bowman and Willis. Lastly Kyle Shanhan is a better in game coach then Harbaugh. That 12 offense was scary but Roman would call the samenplay over and over again it was so ******* perdictable and it cost us a Super Bowl. 

The defense cost us a Super Bowl. Not the offense that put up 31 points and 450 plus yards :)

5 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Our offense in 2012 was top 5 per DVOA and in the playoffs it was great. Our running game was not better than that running game, just off Kap. Seriously, go back and see just how good and efficient the offense was that postseason. If we play to that level the rest of the way, the SB is ours… fairly easy. 

Put our 2012 offense with our 2011 defense, and we get something close to these 2019 9ers. I think this year's team has a more ferocious pass rush, worse LBs (because come on...), and a better secondary than the 2011 squad. When we've been healthy, we've dominated on defense at a historical pace. And this year's offense is just so good, and you know it will adapt when needed. I'm not sure we could see the same with the 2012 offense. The guys were getting really good in that system, for sure, with both QBs that year. But we never got the same level of play-calling from Roman (under heavy Harbaugh influence) that we're seeing from Kyle (under heavy Kyle influence).

• Like 3