Around the NFL III - The NFLiest Yet

y2lamanaki

Should the Seahawks move to the CFL?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Seahawks move to the CFL?

• Yes, be gone with them already.
    • No, I want see the Seahawks get beat down in the NFC West for years to come.
    • No, because then poor RudyZ might be stuck with them.
    • No, because I am a proud toothless member of the 12th Man which you all know means I became a fan in 2012. It's also the last year I took a shower, because my hygiene is lacking.

3 hours ago, rudyZ said:

Put our 2012 offense with our 2011 defense, and we get something close to these 2019 9ers. I think this year's team has a more ferocious pass rush, worse LBs (because come on...), and a better secondary than the 2011 squad. When we've been healthy, we've dominated on defense at a historical pace. And this year's offense is just so good, and you know it will adapt when needed. I'm not sure we could see the same with the 2012 offense. The guys were getting really good in that system, for sure, with both QBs that year. But we never got the same level of play-calling from Roman (under heavy Harbaugh influence) that we're seeing from Kyle (under heavy Kyle influence).

Yeah, the potential of this team is certainly higher. But just saying, that 2012 offense was lethal, especially in the postseason. No guarantee this offense gets to THAT level, that's all. 

2 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Yeah, the potential of this team is certainly higher. But just saying, that 2012 offense was lethal, especially in the postseason. No guarantee this offense gets to THAT level, that's all. 

Our 2012 offense was generally more explosive, but considering the talent and the play calling, which offense would you prefer going into a two-minute drill to score and win the game? I'm taking the Shanny-led 2019 offense with Jimmy over the Roman-led 2012 offense with Kap. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, rudyZ said:

Our 2012 offense was generally more explosive, but considering the talent and the play calling, which offense would you prefer going into a two-minute drill to score and win the game? I'm taking the Shanny-led 2019 offense with Jimmy over the Roman-led 2012 offense with Kap. 

Jimmy is money on a two minute drive, but having explosive plays is what works in the postseason. That was the key to those Niners teams. Even in 2011, look how many big plays we got against NO. There was no stopping that 2012 offense in the postseason. They did whatever they wanted, whenever they wanted. Were able to throw for big yards, were able to run for big yards, were able to get Crabtree going and then Davis going then Gore going and then Kap going with his legs. Was pretty amazing to watch, even Suggs was like playing against this offense compared to playing against Manning/Brady that same postseason was ridiculous, since they were so much more explosive. 

8 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Jimmy is money on a two minute drive, but having explosive plays is what works in the postseason. That was the key to those Niners teams. Even in 2011, look how many big plays we got against NO. There was no stopping that 2012 offense in the postseason. They did whatever they wanted, whenever they wanted. Were able to throw for big yards, were able to run for big yards, were able to get Crabtree going and then Davis going then Gore going and then Kap going with his legs. Was pretty amazing to watch, even Suggs was like playing against this offense compared to playing against Manning/Brady that same postseason was ridiculous, since they were so much more explosive. 

Except... when they were stopped...

Kyle hasn't even had to open the playbook too much so far. But an offense featuring 3 RBs, that we can use in whatever way we see fit, according to who's the hot hand, an unstoppable TE, the best pass-catching FB in the league, two great WRs in Sanders and Deebo, plus KB who, despite his ups and downs, can have his moments. And I go back to the play calling... I think this offense is the one I'd rather have in a big game. I think the weapons, outside of the running abilities of the QB, are way more impressive, and the coaching is far superior. We haven't been as explosive, because we haven't needed to be. And when we have needed to be, we have been. So I think we're more versatile, we're more consistent, and more reliable.

It just sucks Frank Gore couldn't have been on this team. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, rudyZ said:

Except... when they were stopped...

Kyle hasn't even had to open the playbook too much so far. But an offense featuring 3 RBs, that we can use in whatever way we see fit, according to who's the hot hand, an unstoppable TE, the best pass-catching FB in the league, two great WRs in Sanders and Deebo, plus KB who, despite his ups and downs, can have his moments. And I go back to the play calling... I think this offense is the one I'd rather have in a big game. I think the weapons, outside of the running abilities of the QB, are way more impressive, and the coaching is far superior. We haven't been as explosive, because we haven't needed to be. And when we have needed to be, we have been. So I think we're more versatile, we're more consistent, and more reliable.

It just sucks Frank Gore couldn't have been on this team. 

They weren't stopped that postseason. Fell short, but still lit up the Ravens, a defense that had their way with Manning/Brady that same postseason. Funny enough, our RZ issues we had in 2012 are the ones we have this year as well.....Been a damn problem for over 10 years now...only year we were good in the RZ was with Chip freaking Kelly! 

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

They weren't stopped that postseason. Fell short, but still lit up the Ravens, a defense that had their way with Manning/Brady that same postseason. Funny enough, our RZ issues we had in 2012 are the ones we have this year as well.....Been a damn problem for over 10 years now...only year we were good in the RZ was with Chip freaking Kelly! 

Did some digging on our offense that postseason:

PPG - 34.6

YPG - 473

Passing YPA - 9.8

Rushing YPC - 6.5

Rushing TDs - 9

Passing TDs - 5

YPP - 7.8

Wow, these numbers are even a little better than I figured. Man was our offense something special during that stretch. Sad that we fell short, but will always remember how fun our offense was in those three games. 

14 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Did some digging on our offense that postseason:

PPG - 34.6

YPG - 473

Passing YPA - 9.8

Rushing YPC - 6.5

Rushing TDs - 9

Passing TDs - 5

YPP - 7.8

Wow, these numbers are even a little better than I figured. Man was our offense something special during that stretch. Sad that we fell short, but will always remember how fun our offense was in those three games. 

Yeah that's why I will never have bad feeling from those yrs. It was a fun ride. Didn't get it done but it was fun to watch. Only wish Gore and Willis got that title they deserved.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, sherm said:

Yeah that's why I will never have bad feeling from those yrs. It was a fun ride. Didn't get it done but it was fun to watch. Only wish Gore and Willis got that title they deserved.

Started the postseason with a pick six on our first drive to just absolutely lighting GB up. Then went down 17-0 vs ATL to only come roaring back. Went down big vs BAL and came all the way back. Just really sucks our defense was a shell of itself that postseason. If we have 2013 defense, that's an easy SB. Don't even need 2011 level dominance. 

That stretch was the first time we saw a legitimate top level offense that could hang with anyone in YEARS. Didn't even know what I was watching at times lol. 

3 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

There was no stopping that 2012 offense in the postseason. They did whatever they wanted, whenever they wanted.

Except for score literally the only two times it really mattered - on the 2 pt conversion down 31-29 and first & goal at the 5 down 34-29.

I reject your "lit up Baltimore's defense" in favor of the far more accurate "Baltimore's defense let up and lost its energy when up 28-6 in the 3rd and the lights went out in the Superdome."

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, y2lamanaki said:

Except for score literally the only two times it really mattered - on the 2 pt conversion down 31-29 and first & goal at the 5 down 34-29.

I reject your "lit up Baltimore's defense" in favor of the far more accurate "Baltimore's defense let up and lost its energy when up 28-6 in the 3rd and the lights went out in the Superdome."

Those missed two point conversion was indeed huge. 

But the offense was still lethal. Was moving the ball even in the first half but had some stupid penalties or mistakes that killed the drive. To start the damn game we start out with like a 20 yard completion for it to only be called back due to illegal formation or something stupid. Then another drive we take it into the Ravens territory and James fumbles it. Then the drive before halftime we have a chance to score a TD and Kap takes a bad sack. Just like the Ravens on Saturday night, sometimes it just happens that way. 

Who knows if the lights went out hurt the Ravens or not. It's not like the offense wasn't moving the ball as I mentioned. The offense was just that damn good. When it got in rhythm, it was extremely hard to stop. 

Harbaugh not having the team ready to play to start games was baffling though. All three games we were in a deficit, and in big deficits the last two games. Getting that illegal formation penalty showed something was off. No way should a team get called for that on the opening offensive play.