Around the NFL III - The NFLiest Yet

y2lamanaki

Should the Seahawks move to the CFL?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Seahawks move to the CFL?

• Yes, be gone with them already.
    • No, I want see the Seahawks get beat down in the NFC West for years to come.
    • No, because then poor RudyZ might be stuck with them.
    • No, because I am a proud toothless member of the 12th Man which you all know means I became a fan in 2012. It's also the last year I took a shower, because my hygiene is lacking.

4 minutes ago, StevenK said:

I just saw the Bears are releasing Trey Burton. Knowing how we were interested in Hooper, any thoughts on acquiring Burton? I think he could be a nice weapon 

He's not good, so it kind of is what it is. Don't hate it or love it any more than signing anyone else available for depth purposes. 

6 minutes ago, Gore Whore 21 said:

Not sure how dependable this guy is. I’ve definitely heard of him before, but it definitely seems like we are targeting a TE. 

https://www.49erswebzone.com/articles/136084-49ers-have-shown-interest-trading-giants-engram-report/

Vincent Frank isn't reliable, though he does provide content that is fun to talk about at least

11 minutes ago, Forge said:

Vincent Frank isn't reliable, though he does provide content that is fun to talk about at least

That’s kind of what I was thinking. I know I definitely heard of him, but I hadn’t a feeling he was one of those guys who just threw stuff against the wall and hoped it stuck. I do still think we will add a TE this offseason at some point. There’s been far too many people we’ve been supposedly been interested in.

23 minutes ago, Gore Whore 21 said:

Not sure how dependable this guy is. I’ve definitely heard of him before, but it definitely seems like we are targeting a TE. 

https://www.49erswebzone.com/articles/136084-49ers-have-shown-interest-trading-giants-engram-report/

engram doesn't fit our scheme, nor our locker room

you cant play on offense if you cant run block. Engram is basically a big, slow, WR with motivation/character issues. He is not a good blocker and thinks highly of himself.

It negates the 2 TE advantage, which is simultaneously being able to run it down the defenses throat, or go 4 wide and spread teams out. Engram wouldn't let us capitalize on that imo 

Im not expecting another kittle, but a guy who is at least serviceable as a blocker is important imo 

3 minutes ago, N4L said:

engram doesn't fit our scheme, nor our locker room

you cant play on offense if you cant run block. Engram is basically a big, slow, WR with motivation/character issues. He is not a good blocker and thinks highly of himself.

It negates the 2 TE advantage, which is simultaneously being able to run it down the defenses throat, or go 4 wide and spread teams out. Engram wouldn't let us capitalize on that imo 

Im not expecting another kittle, but a guy who is at least serviceable as a blocker is important imo 

If that were the case regarding the blocking, we wouldn't have checked in on Jordan Reed. Not a forte of dwelley either. 

My biggest problem with engram is he's only got a year left (with an option that will have to be decided on soon), and he's good enough that you still have to give up something reasonably valuable for him. I'd make a player for player deal, but I wouldn't want to give up a second day pick

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

If that were the case regarding the blocking, we wouldn't have checked in on Jordan Reed. Not a forte of dwelley either. 

My biggest problem with engram is he's only got a year left (with an option that will have to be decided on soon), and he's good enough that you still have to give up something reasonably valuable for him. I'd make a player for player deal, but I wouldn't want to give up a second day pick

dwelley is serviceable as a blocker though. He is at least above the minimum threshold required in my eyes. 

You are right though, I cant say for certain what Kyle is thinking

1 minute ago, N4L said:

dwelley is serviceable as a blocker though. He is at least above the minimum threshold required in my eyes. 

You are right though, I cant say for certain what Kyle is thinking

If we draft a 3 tech, I'm good with trading Thomas for him. 

17 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Time to trade one of our 5ths for Howard come draft day! Or maybe get a mid-round pick and make the move. 

I think we will be in on that for sure. Still like the idea of a player for player trade in those situations though. I'd flip spoon for Howard, for example, and then draft a new corner with no problems. 

• Like 1