Around the NFL III - The NFLiest Yet

y2lamanaki

Should the Seahawks move to the CFL?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Seahawks move to the CFL?

• Yes, be gone with them already.
    • No, I want see the Seahawks get beat down in the NFC West for years to come.
    • No, because then poor RudyZ might be stuck with them.
    • No, because I am a proud toothless member of the 12th Man which you all know means I became a fan in 2012. It's also the last year I took a shower, because my hygiene is lacking.

53 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

I'm glad we didn't sign Earl Thomas last year. Play on the field wasn't worth it, he publicly called a teammate out, and now this...

Ward was better, younger, and lower cost. Way better value 

I think Ward thought he also had something to prove. He wasn't getting much outside interest. Love the fact the we signed him to a longer deal. He had a larger impact on the field than any other safety and perhaps more so than some of our corners. He flew around the field in multiple games.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 49ersfan said:

I'm glad we didn't sign Earl Thomas last year. Play on the field wasn't worth it, he publicly called a teammate out, and now this...

You can say that again. 

Remember when they were talking about Ravens niners week 13 last year as being a potential Superbowl matchup? Earl then said "y'all think they make it there?" Then he got stuff armed into oblivion in their only playoff game...  I'll never let him live that down 

1 hour ago, Chrissooner49er said:

I think Ward thought he also had something to prove. He wasn't getting much outside interest. Love the fact the we signed him to a longer deal. He had a larger impact on the field than any other safety and perhaps more so than some of our corners. He flew around the field in multiple games.

Yep the FO patience payed off with long term deals with Ward and AA. Both showed why they were 1st rd talent. Finally put it all togther for a full season. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, sherm said:

Yep the FO patience payed off with long term deals with Ward and AA. Both showed why they were 1st rd talent. Finally put it all togther for a full season. 

That Baalke fella drafting nothing but Pro Bowl caliber players! Bring him back!! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

That Baalke fella drafting nothing but Pro Bowl caliber players! Bring him back!! 

2014-2016 drafts did give us a few key contributors...Ward Tartt Armstead. Also had Buckner & Brown before they were traded.

Carlos Hyde, Dontae Johnson, Aaron Lynch, Bradley Pinion still around the league but they're just backups at best. Borland was starting caliber until he retired one freaking year after being drafted. Pretty much everyone else he's drafted has washed out of the league. Notable whiffs from 2014-2016 include Joshua Garnett, Marcus Martin, Eli Harold, Will Redmond, Rashard Robinson. I hesitate to call a 4th rounder or lower a whiff but there wasn't even any quality depth to fill out the backend of the rosters either except for Aaron Lynch.

2012-2013 were awful though. The only starter was Eric Reid, and he was just above average at best. The only other contributors were Garrett Celek, Tony Jerod-Eddie, & Quinton Dial. 

Marcus Cooper was drafted in the 2013 7th round...i remember we cut him after TC. He balled out for the Chiefs for like half a season. Complete shutdown CB. Then he fell off the face of the earth. 

Comment took me down memory lane....we're in better hands now. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, 49ersfan said:

He balled out for the Chiefs for like half a season.

I think it was more like half a game. He had an INT, and we niners fan reacted strongly to it, then he disappeared and we still felt like he was the one who got away from us. But he was never really that good.

I’ll never understand why guys making the money these guys make would pull crap like this (well anybody for that matter, but especially guys like this that have no reason to try and weasel money out of people). That Dunbar trade isn’t looking so good for Seattle now. 

https://www.nfl.com/news/warrant-out-for-baker-dunbar-on-robbery-charges

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f29f468b55bb2ab378f76

I understand it’s probably a status thing and these guys want to look ‘hard’ or something. Just seems like such a stupid thing to throw your life away for.

On 5/10/2020 at 2:08 AM, 49ersfan said:

Also didn't get turned into a ventriloquist dummy by Derrick Henry. 

1 hour ago, Gore Whore 21 said:

I’ll never understand why guys making the money these guys make would pull crap like this (well anybody for that matter, but especially guys like this that have no reason to try and weasel money out of people). That Dunbar trade isn’t looking so good for Seattle now. 

https://www.nfl.com/news/warrant-out-for-baker-dunbar-on-robbery-charges

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f29f468b55bb2ab378f76

I understand it’s probably a status thing and these guys want to look ‘hard’ or something. Just seems like such a stupid thing to throw your life away for.

Good for us lol. Thanks Seattle. 

Honestly not sure how much that will affect us. Yeah we have blocked LaFleur and McDaniel. And we did block Scangarello before it was clear he would be the real OC but i always wonder how much of that is those guys not wanting to go. That a guy can interview also doesn't mean he gets hired. 

22 minutes ago, Justone2 said:

Honestly not sure how much that will affect us. Yeah we have blocked LaFleur and McDaniel. And we did block Scangarello before it was clear he would be the real OC but i always wonder how much of that is those guys not wanting to go. That a guy can interview also doesn't mean he gets hired. 

But you can't get the job at all if you can't interview. Clearly our guys are well regarded. I would understand why a guy like Lafleur maybe doesn't want to work with his brother (weird working environment), but at some point, especially for the offensive guys, you need to probably spread your wings in order to get credit for what you are doing and have the chance to grow. It may not impact us, may impact us...but we are certainly more at risk of being impacted now than we were before. 

• Like 1

So if we just promote McDaniels to OC even if he is not calling plays does that mean he is safe, or if someone offered him the opportunity to call plays could he still leave? If he's safe at that point, I think that makes it a no-brainer to promote him or Lafluer if they thing he holds more value.