Around the NFL III - The NFLiest Yet

y2lamanaki

Should the Seahawks move to the CFL?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Seahawks move to the CFL?

• Yes, be gone with them already.
    • No, I want see the Seahawks get beat down in the NFC West for years to come.
    • No, because then poor RudyZ might be stuck with them.
    • No, because I am a proud toothless member of the 12th Man which you all know means I became a fan in 2012. It's also the last year I took a shower, because my hygiene is lacking.

1 hour ago, PapaShogun said:

So then who is out of a job? o.O

I'd try and move Tartt. Think he's near the end of his deal anyway. Nothing against him, he was fantastic last year and for a bargain too. But Adams is clearly the better SS. And in this scheme, I think he'd be All-Pro good. Can't say that about Tartt.

Edited by 757-NINER

Would tartt, 2021 frp, 2022 second/third? round pick be enough? 

I just worry we won't be able to pay everyone if we get adams. Warner won't be cheap. Kittle still needs to get paid. Trent Williams will need a new deal. I want to pay DJ Jones. I also want to keep Tomlinson who is honestly playing himself into a nice contract as well. 

Adams would basically have to take a discount or just he content being tagged a few times 

I think he would be ok with it because of the defensive talent we have, warm weather, and most importantly, a winning record 

1 hour ago, 49ersfan said:

The S position is a strength on the team, we have a lot of people to pay, and we'll need our picks to keep this thing rolling. 

I'd pass on Adams

The position is a strength, but Tartt is a FA at the end of the season and will demand a decent contract. Adams could change this defense, but we do not have the room to pay him a long term contract at this point, and the way its looking, the cap will not be raised next season if things continue like this.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Chrissooner49er said:

Meh. Benjamin is more or less what he is....

Im not gonna lie, I keep forgetting he is on the team. I initially didnt think he would make it, but with Samuel and James going down, it's a foregone conclusion

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Gore Whore 21 said:

What’s the opinion of bringing in Dez Bryant around here. I think he could be a real asset to this team if he was cheap enough.

My opinion would mostly be.... Why?

I wouldn't hate it, but it's a move that seems bigger in name than anything else, tbh. There are probably more interesting options to me, other more logical options from a for perspective, etc. I think if you sign him, it's really not all that different from signing someone like Thomas or Richardson, just a bigger name

• Like 1

Just now, Forge said:

My opinion would mostly be.... Why?

Reason I brought it up was the talk swirling around after KB tweeted at him. I can’t imagine he’d cost a lot at this point and he would easily be an upgrade over Benjamin. We also have uncertainty with Trent Taylor, Jalen Hurd, and Dante Pettis. Deebo is hurt and Aiyuk is a rookie in an offense that is apparently very taxing to learn, especially for a rookie. I’m not necessarily lobbying for it, but I wouldn’t be opposed to it at the right price. I think Dez would definitely be an upgrade over some of the other guys on our roster. 

6 minutes ago, Gore Whore 21 said:

Reason I brought it up was the talk swirling around after KB tweeted at him. I can’t imagine he’d cost a lot at this point and he would easily be an upgrade over Benjamin. We also have uncertainty with Trent Taylor, Jalen Hurd, and Dante Pettis. Deebo is hurt and Aiyuk is a rookie in an offense that is apparently very taxing to learn, especially for a rookie. I’m not necessarily lobbying for it, but I wouldn’t be opposed to it at the right price. I think Dez would definitely be an upgrade over some of the other guys on our roster. 

Over 30, hasn't played in 2 years, and hasn't played since the Achilles tear. Was already struggling to separate in Dallas. I just think he's done. It's a bigger signing by name, but I think the likelihood is that it's on par or similar to a Taylor Gabriel signing or some of the names still available with regards to impact and the like. There's nothing to hate, but its also largely "whatever" as well

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Forge said:

Over 30, hasn't played in 2 years, and hasn't played since the Achilles tear. Was already struggling to separate in Dallas. I just think he's done. It's a bigger signing by name, but I think the likelihood is that it's on par or similar to a Taylor Gabriel signing or some of the names still available with regards to impact and the like. There's nothing to hate, but its also largely "whatever" as well

Yeah, not saying he’d come in and be the same guy at his peak in Dallas, but I’m pretty confident that he could come in and be a solid role player for us. We had pretty good luck with Anquan as a mid 30s player who didn’t do much separating. The Q example may not be the greatest as that was not this staff and Kyle does really value receivers who can get open. Idk I won’t be tore up either way, just a thought since it was circling a bit on the internet.

1 hour ago, Gore Whore 21 said:

The thing with Dez is what skillset does he bring to the group?

We really don't need another big slot/possession WR at this point. We have KB and Hurd for that role. 

He doesn't add anything to the group except experience. And he's been out the league for two years. Don't see the appeal.