Around the NFL III - The NFLiest Yet

y2lamanaki

Should the Seahawks move to the CFL?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Seahawks move to the CFL?

• Yes, be gone with them already.
    • No, I want see the Seahawks get beat down in the NFC West for years to come.
    • No, because then poor RudyZ might be stuck with them.
    • No, because I am a proud toothless member of the 12th Man which you all know means I became a fan in 2012. It's also the last year I took a shower, because my hygiene is lacking.

8 hours ago, Gore Whore 21 said:

Yeah, not saying he’d come in and be the same guy at his peak in Dallas, but I’m pretty confident that he could come in and be a solid role player for us. We had pretty good luck with Anquan as a mid 30s player who didn’t do much separating. The Q example may not be the greatest as that was not this staff and Kyle does really value receivers who can get open. Idk I won’t be tore up either way, just a thought since it was circling a bit on the internet.

Might as well develop the younger guys if that's the logic. 

BTW, Anquan was always more of a bigger guy that caught contested catches well which made up for his separation. Bryant was never that guy. 

Edited by PapaShogun
  • Like 1

Cam Newton to the Pats on a one year deal. Let's see if he is fully healthy now. If so, damn good pick up by Bill. Can have a run first offense with a dominant defense. But Cam looked so broken last season I just don't know. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Cam Newton to the Pats on a one year deal. Let's see if he is fully healthy now. If so, damn good pick up by Bill. Can have a run first offense with a dominant defense. But Cam looked so broken last season I just don't know. 

He really did. It's an incentive laden deal, so makes sense. If he's not healthy, or can't contribute with his legs, he likely never reaches the heights of the incentives, can be replaced by Stidham, and they don't pay him much. If he does, then he's awesome and the team is great.

And Cam's hands were completely tied to have to accept this kind of deal because i'm pretty sure he was only about that starter position, and this is the only one open lol. 

• Like 1

NFL Network's Mike Garafolo said there is "a shot" the Seahawks sign free agent Antonio Brown.

Russell Wilson has reportedly been lobbying for his front office to sign Brown, who worked out with Russ in San Diego on Wednesday. Garafolo notes Brown would love to play in Seattle but that the Seahawks could be waiting for Brown's potential league punishment to be sorted out first. As long as Brown stays out of trouble over the next two months, there's a chance he ends up playing in 2020, even if it does in fact come after a lengthy suspension. A three-receiver set of Brown, Tyler Lockett, and DK Metcalf could force the run-obsessed Seahawks to finally let Russ cook. Brown is reportedly wanted by Lamar Jackson, Deshaun Watson, and other star quarterbacks.

‪Browns’ TE David Njoku and his agent Drew Rosenhaus asked today for the team to trade him. The Browns told Njoku they would like to keep him, but Rosenhaus told them he’s intent on a trade. They want trade before training camp.‬ About David Njoku’s trade request today to the Browns, agent Drew Rosenhaus said: "It is in David's best interest to find a new team at this time."‬

1 hour ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

‪Browns’ TE David Njoku and his agent Drew Rosenhaus asked today for the team to trade him. The Browns told Njoku they would like to keep him, but Rosenhaus told them he’s intent on a trade. They want trade before training camp.‬ About David Njoku’s trade request today to the Browns, agent Drew Rosenhaus said: "It is in David's best interest to find a new team at this time."‬

I’d love this if we could swing it financially. It’d be really cool having two receiving threats at TE out there with Shanny drawing up plays. 

1 hour ago, Gore Whore 21 said:

I’d love this if we could swing it financially. It’d be really cool having two receiving threats at TE out there with Shanny drawing up plays. 

Not really a problem financially. He's still on his rookie year, so it's less than 2 million I'm pretty sure. Option has been picked up for next year at 6 million which is sort of meh. Its only 6 million, but he's got some injury history that may guarantee that, and 6 is a little bit more of a pain than 2 for a cap strapped team. 

Honestly, I just think he's a buy low problem to fix. I don't think he's any good, so I'm solely buying him on the premise of a reclamation project. Offer a sixth, cap it at a fifth. If they want to talk about a player for player swap, I'd listen to that as well. 

2 hours ago, Forge said:

Not really a problem financially. He's still on his rookie year, so it's less than 2 million I'm pretty sure. Option has been picked up for next year at 6 million which is sort of meh. Its only 6 million, but he's got some injury history that may guarantee that, and 6 is a little bit more of a pain than 2 for a cap strapped team. 

Honestly, I just think he's a buy low problem to fix. I don't think he's any good, so I'm solely buying him on the premise of a reclamation project. Offer a sixth, cap it at a fifth. If they want to talk about a player for player swap, I'd listen to that as well. 

For sure. I wouldn’t give up a ton for him, but there is definitely upside with him imo. He’s super athletic for a guy his size and if I remember right he was super young when he declared, so he’s most likely physically matured some since coming out. I haven’t followed his career much since he was drafted by Cleveland but I do remember really liking his upside coming out of Miami. I know he was banged up last year, but the idea of having another athletic freak at TE on the field with George is super attractive to me. Like I said before, I haven’t completely give up hope on Pettis, but that is something I would at least listen to if the Browns had interest.

Part of the problem is that Njoku apparently doesn't want to be the second banana at tight end. He'd get a lot of play at te2 for Cleveland given the offense and it didn't seem like it's enough

4 hours ago, Forge said:

Part of the problem is that Njoku apparently doesn't want to be the second banana at tight end. He'd get a lot of play at te2 for Cleveland given the offense and it didn't seem like it's enough

Thing is he's not good enough to be a TE1. Talented definitely. But he's not consistent enough to be "the guy" for any playoff contender. He could definitely go somewhere like Miami or Washington and they'll throw him out there just off name alone. But no playoff team is going to just let him waltz in and be the #1. He hasn't earned the right. 

6 hours ago, 757-NINER said:

Pettis for Njoku straight up or throw in a 7th to sweeten it. If they still have hope for Pettis, I'd do a 6th with a kicker to a 5th if certain production incentives are met. 

Poor Pettis, he is going to be a throw in for every hypothetical trade until he is off the team LOL.

• Like 4

On 7/4/2020 at 12:47 PM, J-ALL-DAY said:

Poor Pettis, he is going to be a throw in for every hypothetical trade until he is off the team LOL.

Someone had to take Goodwin’s spot haha. I would say Pettis earned it off of last years performance, but the book isn’t closed on him either. 

• Like 1