Week 14 GDT - New Orleans Saints vs San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

15 minutes ago, clarkfn2284 said:

I leave on a week long vacation and have a 4 day Hockey tournament for my Son and you guys couldn't keep it together against Baltimore? Jut a solid all around game by both teams. 2 losses by a combined 6 points and both games were there for the taking. It takes a great performance and no mistakes to beat the Niners. Saints are a good team, but I too feel like the Niners are better top to bottom.

The Niners need to contain Kamara and Murray. When the Saints get these guys going they start to tear teams apart. Offense should be able to run the ball and that should open up the PA, boots and misdirection. I just don't see the Saints offense threatening the Niners defense in this one. I look for the pass rush to have a nice game especially if the Saints are down 2 o lineman.

27-13 SF

oh so its your fault?!

• Like 2

So updated DVOA, we are 9th offensively and 2nd defensively. Sounds about right, can take over the #1 spot defensively soon if the defense continues to play the way it has been playing. 

Offensively, that just seems accurate and something most would agree with. There's teams ahead of us who I really don't think have better offenses than us ala GB/Minny, but that's fine. 

Here's your rooting guide for the week:

-49ers over Saints (duh)

-Bears over Cowboys (we match up better against Philly)

-Redskins over Packers

-Lions over Vikings 

-Texans over Broncos (draft)

-Rams over Seahawks 

-Eagles over Seahawks 

We do clinch a playoff berth with a win and a Seahawks win over the Rams, but priorities, you know?

3 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

I think our d-line feasts this weekend to the tune of 4-6 sacks and maybe a fumble or two. I think we make it very hard for Brees to hit any deep passes or to get a rhythm going.

Tough line to do that against. I'm curious if we move Bosa over to the left side more, especially if Ford can't go. The right side of that line is really good, but the left side is hurt. 

14 hours ago, Dub_City30 said:

Witherspoon is going to give him problems. Michael Thomas is a product if the system

Lol, that's funny. Niners don't have anyone that can match up with #cantguardmike. The better question will be if Brees can actually get the ball there. That pass rush is so damn good, and so far the only QBs to be able to handle it are the mobile ones.....which Brees is not.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SWATcha said:

Lol, that's funny. Niners don't have anyone that can match up with #cantguardmike. The better question will be if Brees can actually get the ball there. That pass rush is so damn good, and so far the only QBs to be able to handle it are the mobile ones.....which Brees is not.

Thomas is far from a system WR lol buuut we actually have three corners that match up just fine with Thomas. Sherman probably won't play this week so it will probably be just the two - ahkelo Witherspoon and Emmanuel Mosely. Learn their names they are gonna be around for a while. #23 and #41 respectively. 

They both have the length and speed to make Mike's day hard. Really good all around corners who are well coached and disciplined. They've been a huge reason why we are holding teams to 134 yards passing per game. 134! Nuts.

Agreed about Brees. He's going to get crushed and he knows it. Our pass rush has stolen the soul of every QB we've played who isn't amazingly mobile. Get ready, here we come 

I expect a lot of screens and bubble screens, and quick passes. That's fine, we have a super athletic DL and we tackle well. I bet we get a tipped pass or two 

He's too short to see over our DL lol we have two guys who are 6'7 or taller (Arik Armstead and DEFOREST BUCKNER) It's unfortunate that jullian Taylor is out because it would have been funny to put all three guys on the field at the same time and just try and tip the ball into the air instead of rushing. 

I expect Bosa to get a ton of attention with RBs and TEs. Fine. Nothing he hasn't seen before and won't see again. 

I expect Sean Payton to use some trickery this game. I actually think he will have 2-3 gadget type plays that he uses to try and steal the game while simultaneously making us do a ton of extra prep work next time we play. 

Seems like they are likely going to get a bye along with the winner of the NFCW, so chances are we will play them again. 

WE DAT

Edited by N4L

Honestly, we should double Thomas from the first snap. Make Brees go elsewhere with the ball. He's virtually the entirety of their passing offense. Their second leading receiver after Thomas is Kamara with like 450 yards. Thomas IS their passing game. Double up Thomas, keep two eyes on Kamara and let everyone else try and beat you. Until they give Thomas some help on the outside, you double Thomas first...that should be the start of any defensive gameplan. I trust our secondary and our rush to take care of the rest.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, 757-NINER said:

Honestly, we should double Thomas from the first snap. Make Brees go elsewhere with the ball. He's virtually the entirety of their passing offense. Their second leading receiver after Thomas is Kamara with like 450 yards. Thomas IS their passing game. Double up Thomas, keep two eyes on Kamara and let everyone else try and beat you. Until they give Thomas some help on the outside, you double Thomas first...that should be the start of any defensive gameplan. I trust our secondary and our rush to take care of the rest.

I agree and almost said the same thing but that's hasn't proven to be how we operate. 

Warner is kamara should be fun