Week 14: VIKINGS (8-4) vs. Lions (3-8-1)

swede700

Game 13

NFL_Vikings.gif vs     NFL_Lions.gif

When:  1:00 PM EST December 8th

Where: U.S. Bank Stadium (Minneapolis, MN)

TV/Radio: FOX (TV), KFAN 100.3 (Radio)

Announcers: Thom Brennaman, Chris Spielman, Shannon Spake

Coverage Map: https://506sports.com/2019/14-FOX-V2.png

Notable Injuries:

Vikings - Questionable: None, Doubtful: None, Out: None

Lions - Questionable: None, Doubtful: None, Out: None

Please keep all discussion about the game here.

Edited by swede700
  • Like 1

If the defense has another performance like they did two weeks ago against Denver, I’ll be very concerned. The defense needs to get some confidence back and going against a team starting Blough at QB should be an opportunity to get things turned around.

This is the game that Rhodes should be benched. Let Hughes start at LCB and give Hill some reps. Can’t keep given those reps to Rhodes, he’s a liability in coverage and penalty prone. His head isn’t in the game anymore, not a smart player at all.

Thielen needs to play, this hamstring stuff is getting ridiculous.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, vikingsrule said:

If the defense has another performance like they did two weeks ago against Denver, I’ll be very concerned. The defense needs to get some confidence back and going against a team starting Blough at QB should be an opportunity to get things turned around.

This is the game that Rhodes should be benched. Let Hughes start at LCB and give Hill some reps. Can’t keep given those reps to Rhodes, he’s a liability in coverage and penalty prone. His head isn’t in the game anymore, not a smart player at all.

Thielen needs to play, this hamstring stuff is getting ridiculous.

Exactly right.  Didn't Hill look pretty good last year?  If he is still on the bench because he is in Zimmer's dog house because he was suspended, the coach needs to get over it and realize that Rhodes is costing us games.

As far as Thielen goes, I don't even know what to say.  Those things can linger for a long time.  I just hope we get him back in time to beat the Packers.

2 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

Let's bounce back this week and see where the dominos fall. 

No reason to be down and out. The best teams in the league find a way to respond. Let's be one of those teams! Skol Vikings!

Yes, that's right.  It would be nice to get a first-round bye, but that's out of our hands at this point.  All that really matters is that we make the playoffs.  Just win all the rest of our games and then go to work in the postseason, no matter where we are playing.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

Let's bounce back this week and see where the dominos fall. 

No reason to be down and out. The best teams in the league find a way to respond. Let's be one of those teams! Skol Vikings!

Not to sour your enthusiasm but the best teams in the league also beat other good teams.  Of which we have yet to do.  

I think we have a pretty good team but we’re not on the same level as the Saints, Seahawks or 49ers.   One of those three are going to the Super Bowl.  If we happen to pull off a 2008 Cardinals run then that’d be the only way I see this team making it that far.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Torchezim said:

Not to sour your enthusiasm but the best teams in the league also beat other good teams.  Of which we have yet to do.  

I think we have a pretty good team but we’re not on the same level as the Saints, Seahawks or 49ers.   One of those three are going to the Super Bowl.  If we happen to pull off a 2008 Cardinals run then that’d be the only way I see this team making it that far.

Who have the 49ers beat? They also lost to Seattle. Maybe the Rams but they weren't a very good team for a while