Week 14: VIKINGS (8-4) vs. Lions (3-8-1)

swede700

5 minutes ago, upriser7 said:

Blough looked pretty impressive vs Chicago for a guy who was starting his first game...wouldn't be surprised if Lions offense score 20+ points. 

Let’s just hope this isn’t like the Denver game all over again. Defense needs to step up, never thought they’d be the liability on this team.

• Like 1

Cousins has averaged the longest time to throw in 2019 (2.97 seconds), and he's been tremendous when he has 2.5-plus seconds to throw (18 TDs, 3 INTs). Why do I mention this? Because Detroit has given opposing QBs 3.05 seconds to throw this season, making it the only team to allow more than 2.9 seconds to throw. Seems like the perfect time for Kirk to heat right back up.

https://www.vikings.com/news/lunchbreak-kirk-cousins-facing-scrumptious-matchup-with-lions-defense?sf225465402=1&fbclid=IwAR1ygPPONQIAs7v7T70ETCCbidbwbs5TqRtXBYaQvt4KZepghJ9a8Be1mzQ

@Krauser, you're always mentioning Cousins' throw time...

Edited by vike daddy
  • Like 1

Hard to believe it has been 30 years since one of my favorite and most memorable days as a Vikings fan.  I went to this game with my favorite uncle and two cousins.  We had amazing seats - about 15 rows from the field on the 40 yard line, and Millard's interception was right in front of us.  I vividly remember seeing him "rumblin', bumblin', and stumblin'" down the field with the ball.  He looked back to see if anyone was catching up to him to tackle him, and if he hadn't done that, he would have gotten a lot more yards.  One thing I had forgotten about until seeing the film clip years later was the fact that the guy who actually ran him down and made the tackle was none other than the great Barry Sanders!  Good, good times.  :)

• Like 2