Week 14 - Rams vs. Seahawks

RamRod

1 hour ago, NVRamsFan said:

Snap count breakdowns. We're seeing a transition from McVay from the 11 to a 21 setup and I personally am loving what we see. Also look at the rotation from the DLine. Very impressive how they dominated the game.

week-14-snap-counts-offense.png?w=1000

week-14-snap-counts-defense.png?w=1000

I’ve been saying Sean needs to go from 11 personnel and switch it up. Love seeing the 21 personnel. 

Hope to see some 22 personnel sometime too to keep the defense honest 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, rocky_rams said:

I’ve been saying Sean needs to go from 11 personnel and switch it up. Love seeing the 21 personnel. 

Hope to see some 22 personnel sometime too to keep the defense honest 

What would 22 personnel do? In 12 personnel we already have a 2nd running threat via Woods or Reynolds. Taking one of them out for Henderson just gives us worse receiving options. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LeotheLion said:

What would 22 personnel do? In 12 personnel we already have a 2nd running threat via Woods or Reynolds. Taking one of them out for Henderson just gives us worse receiving options. 

Kupp and Cooks are also “running threats”

But I get your point.  

The  22 personnel gives the defense more things to think about. 

Having Gurley and Henderson in the field at the same time gives us more playmakers where defenses won’t know what to expect. 

We can have Gurley at wr sometimes and or use more screen plays with Henderson or Gurley. Defense also won’t know who will be getting the handoff 

I’m just not a big fan of us doing the same thing over and over again. It becomes predictable. 

6 minutes ago, rocky_rams said:

Kupp and Cooks are also “running threats”

But I get your point.  

The  22 personnel gives the defense more things to think about. 

Having Gurley and Henderson in the field at the same time gives us more playmakers where defenses won’t know what to expect. 

We can have Gurley at wr sometimes and or use more screen plays with Henderson or Gurley. Defense also won’t know who will be getting the handoff 

I’m just not a big fan of us doing the same thing over and over again. It becomes predictable. 

I get that. My thing is that the offense is working now. Granted a limited sample over 2 weeks but we will take that hope over how the season has gone. I don't like to change things up just for the sake of it. I feel confident in 12 and 11 personnel. I also feel much more confident with Cooks/Kupp/Reynolds/etc as receivers over any of our backs. Even Gurley this year hasn't been a great receiver.

25 minutes ago, LeotheLion said:

I get that. My thing is that the offense is working now. Granted a limited sample over 2 weeks but we will take that hope over how the season has gone. I don't like to change things up just for the sake of it. I feel confident in 12 and 11 personnel. I also feel much more confident with Cooks/Kupp/Reynolds/etc as receivers over any of our backs. Even Gurley this year hasn't been a great receiver.

I agree with you. But it won’t kill us to have one or two snaps from 22

10 hours ago, NVRamsFan said:

Snap count breakdowns. We're seeing a transition from McVay from the 11 to a 21 setup and I personally am loving what we see. Also look at the rotation from the DLine. Very impressive how they dominated the game.

week-14-snap-counts-offense.png?w=1000

week-14-snap-counts-defense.png?w=1000

Just a head's up, it's 12. The first digit represents RBs (HBs and FBs). The second digit represents TEs.

• Like 2