Week 14 GDT: San Francisco 49ers(10-2) vs. New Orleans Saints (10-2): You come at the king, you best not miss

Canadian Saint

51 minutes ago, Fray32 said:

Chiefs hung 51 points on the Rams last year in a loss. 

Kinda bugs me how we're actually at risk of not even taking #2 with Green Bay right there, but I don't see that happening. If the Saints are playing on wildcard weekend I'm going to be furious. On the bright side, Brees is 3 passing touchdowns away from passing Peyton Manning for most all time I think. He can still carry this team if he has to.

Home team is what I meant.  

Lots of teams score a lot and lose, but those are usually road teams.

Payton going for 2 in 1st qtr and failing miserably. Set the tone and came back to bite him later. Just had a feeling they were going to lose because of that.

Fake punt, 4th and 18....wtf. Dumb, just dumb.

Outside pitch, 3rd and 1, after the INT. Another dumb call. Play didn't work all game.

Playcalling on the last 2pt conversion. You have to have something more creative than that. Last I checked, Niners front 7 are pretty stout.

Kamara....finally showed a little fire, but he didn't look too good overall in my opinion. Murray looked like the tougher runner and picked up a whole lot more yardage. 

Defense forgot they had a game lol. What a total disappointment. 

1 hour ago, SWATcha said:

Payton going for 2 in 1st qtr and failing miserably. Set the tone and came back to bite him later. Just had a feeling they were going to lose because of that.

Fake punt, 4th and 18....wtf. Dumb, just dumb.

Outside pitch, 3rd and 1, after the INT. Another dumb call. Play didn't work all game.

Playcalling on the last 2pt conversion. You have to have something more creative than that. Last I checked, Niners front 7 are pretty stout.

Kamara....finally showed a little fire, but he didn't look too good overall in my opinion. Murray looked like the tougher runner and picked up a whole lot more yardage. 

Defense forgot they had a game lol. What a total disappointment. 

Although PI isn't a penalty from a punt formation, that was still holding and should've resulted in a 1st down and if it was an actual punt would've backed up the 49ers.

6 hours ago, Raves said:

Although PI isn't a penalty from a punt formation, that was still holding and should've resulted in a 1st down and if it was an actual punt would've backed up the 49ers.

Well yes, that was holding, but are you trying to say that's the play? Pray for a holding penalty in a league where refs have been wildly inconsistent and all over the board all year? 

Because no matter how you want to slice it, going for it on 4th and 18 at that point in the game was stupid. Gave the Niners more momentum and set them up on a short field. 

Just like going for 2, early. Why? 

Just now, SWATcha said:

Well yes, that was holding, but are you trying to say that's the play? Pray for a holding penalty in a league where refs have been wildly inconsistent and all over the board all year? 

Because no matter how you want to slice it, going for it on 4th and 18 at that point in the game was stupid. Gave the Niners more momentum and set them up on a short field. 

Just like going for 2, early. Why? 

I agree going for 2 early was dumb, would've been better to just take the extra yards on the kickoff after kicking the extra point.  I think given the situation we were in the fake punt wasn't horrible, but if the defender didn't hold him then it would've been a catch as he still almost got it IIRC.  So I'm thinking the thought process was either they would get the reception as they couldn't stop it without committing a penalty, or they get the penalty.  Also it's not like it wasn't a blatant hold either so I'm not sure why the refs didn't see it, though it does seem like penalties against the Saints get missed more than most.

Going for 2... I get the ego part, the dynamics of it, and all that good s**t, but then when you have to get one later, and miss, then lose by the 2 points that could have been basic gimme's earlier, that just rubs wrong.

The game should have gone into over time if anything. At that point, the 49ers D was pretty banged up and tired, and I think we could have scored yet another TD to end it.

But, hey, it's in the past. Perhaps we'll whoop the crap outta the Colts and continue the aggression all the way to a Title.