Week 14: Chiefs at Patriots

onejayhawk

By request, I am doing the GDT for the big showdown in the frozen north. It's early for most of the news, but the weather forecast is for mostly cloudy with a temp just above freezing. With no very cold temperatures all week, the ground should not be frozen and footing should be good. Wind is expected to be moderate. For Foxborough this time of year that qualifies as a nice day and good conditions.

J

2 hours ago, onejayhawk said:

As I said in the old GDT, if we can only win one, this game isn't the one we really want to win.

J

If we win, it becomes a real possibility that we wouldn't have to go back there. If we win and end up with the same record as the Pats, Ravens, or even Bills, we would have the tiebreakers over them. Those three teams all have potential losses ahead, so a 1 or 2 seed isn't out of the question yet. But we have to win Sunday for it to be possible.

Edited by kingseanjohn

I realize that we would be only one game back of the Patriots if we win, but they finish with Cincinnati, Buffalo and Miami, and they get Buffalo at home. I am not expecting a loss from a Belichick team.

Our schedule is 

Date Home/Away Opponent Time  
@ 2019_NE_wbg.pngNew England 3:25 PM CST
CBS

vs 2019_DEN_wbg.pngDenver 12:00 PM CST
CBS

@ 2019_CHI_wbg.pngChicago 7:20 PM CST
NBC

vs 2019_LAC_wbg.pngLA Chargers 12:00 PM CST
CBS
Edited by onejayhawk

At the same time we were re-signing Spencer Ware, his running mate, Charcandrick West is retiring. He originally signed as an UDFA with us. Always a fringe player, he had his moments for us. 

On the subject of RB, Reid has said Darrel Williams injury does not look good, and that he probably will not play Sunday. Expect to see quite a bit of the DTrain (Darwin Thompson).

J

10 hours ago, Chiefs_5627 said:

Darrel Williams to IR, I really hope Darwin gets a bigger look

Reid has said that he will need to be ready. Signing Ware is a somewhat conflicting move. Both are between the tackles RB. 

The injury report is mixed for both teams:

• RB Darrel Williams (hamstring) was moved to injured reserve Thursday morning, so he is off the injury report. CB Mo Claiborne (shoulder), CB Rashad Fenton (hamstring), RB Damien Williams (rib) and DE Frank Clark (illness) all missed practice on Thursday.
  • The Chiefs were sure to emphasize Clark missing practice due to being sick — not his shoulder issue.
  • WR Tyreek Hill (hamstring) and S Jordan Lucas (shoulder) are now off the injury report entirely.
  • QB Tom Brady (toe/right elbow) was downgraded to limited participation after being a full participant for New England on Wednesday.

J

7 hours ago, Mizter_Clean10 said:

Should anything be made of Brady being downgraded to LP? Or is that normal for him this time of year?

They do that at least once a week. It's basically just a rest day and they throw a dart at a Brady poster as to which body part to tell the public.