An Early Look at 2020 Free Agency

Brit Pack

We have made better progress this year than I thought we would have but it is obvious we are still a few players away from being a top tier team. So if we are already talking draft let’s bring up some free agents too that could help us in Year 2 of the MLF program. Going into 2020 we have $25m cap space (Sportrac) and ditching Jimmy G will give another $10m. So there might be a bit of cash to flash. Here is a look at some positions and potential players that we could go after. Stick any names that you might like!

RT
I do think our weakness on offence is down to our Oline and ability to handle dominant front four teams. Bahk has had a down year by his standards rated at PFF 70.2 compared to 88.3 last year. 
All of our inside guys have been average. Both Linsley and Jenkins have a PFF rating of 64.5, Corey was rated at 73.3 last year. While Billy is the worst of the bunch at PFF 61.9. I just don’t see us upgrading the guards at the moment, all young, new deals. Corey maybe but probably not.

Bryan Bulaga is our highest graded Oline dude at PFF 73. He is also in the last year of his contract, played really well but has an injury history and will be 31 this offseason. Is it worth replacing and giving that money to a younger player? Here a couple of guys MLF will be familiar with from Tennessee and might want to bring in:

Jack Conklin pff 73.1
Dennis Kelly 69.3

DT
We need another stud in the middle without a doubt. If you look at our players: Kenny Clark PFF 72.6, Dean Lowry PFF 60.3, Tyler Lancaster PFF 63.6, Mo Adams PFF 44.4. Arguably could do with two bodies there, one in the draft one in free agency. According to Football Outsider our run blocking is the worst at 32  https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/dl/2019

Not sure if the guys fit the bill but they were interesting names

Jordan Phillips, 6ft 6in, 341lbs, 8 sacks, 1 FF, PFF 57.2
Vernon Butler, 6ft 4in, 330lbs, 4 sacks, 3 FF, PFF 65.5
DJ Reader, 6ft 3in, 347lbs,  3 sacks, PFF 87.8
Shelby Harris, 6ft 3in, 300lbs,  4 sacks, 1FF, PFF 82

ILB
I’m happy to keep Martinez around and possibly but if he wants top dollar then it is time to move on, his PFF rating is quite dreary 58.9. Here are a few names either to replace or bring alongside Blake.

Corey Littleton, 6ft 3in, 228lbs, 2ints, 2 FF, PFF 82.3
Joe Shorbert, 6ft 1in, 245, 4ints, 2FF, PFF 71.1
Nick Kwiatkoski, 6ft 2in, 242lbs, 1int, 1FF, PFF 80.9
Patrick Onwuasor 6ft, 227lbs, 1FF, PFF 49.3 (just my man crush)

TE
We are hopefully moving on from Jimmy and if we are in the premium TE sweepstakes again here are a few names to like.

Hunter Henry, 6ft 5in, 250lbs, 497yds, 3 TDs, PFF 80.1
Jack Doyle, 6ft 6in, 262lbs, 377yds, 3 TDs, PFF 68.1
Austin Hooper, 6ft 4in, 254lbs, 608yds, 6TDs, PFF 82

WR
Only one name really jumps out at me here and that is Devante Parker, 6ft 3in, 216lbs, he’ll go over 1,000yds this season and has a PFF rating of 76.1. AJ Green is there as well but it has been a couple of years since he has topped 1,000 yards and he’ll be 32 next year.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Brit Pack said:

Well holy @Packerraymond won’t let me use asterisks but I’m gonna anyway ******* ****.  

He is the number one player on my wish list.  Well... Still defense for me, and I still don’t like the idea of spending big on the biggest names, but I definitely wouldn’t be sad if we got him.  I’d rather do something like:

Littleton or Kwiatkoski and Wolfe.  Vernon Butler would be nice, too.  

We gotta get an ILB and an IDL so we won’t be restricted in the draft.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

He’s always hurt.  Lol.  He really isn’t.  Missed like 5 games in his entire career.  

Huh? You mean like 5 games this year? He missed all of last year with an ACL and the year before missed the last few games with a lacerated kidney. He is always hurt and that should affect his free agency. 

Edited by TheBitzMan

2 hours ago, Brit Pack said:

We have made better progress this year than I thought we would have but it is obvious we are still a few players away from being a top tier team. So if we are already talking draft let’s bring up some free agents too that could help us in Year 2 of the MLF program. Going into 2020 we have $25m cap space (Sportrac) and ditching Jimmy G will give another $10m. So there might be a bit of cash to flash. Here is a look at some positions and potential players that we could go after. Stick any names that you might like!

According to over the cap we have 27 million going into the off season plus 8.5 million we'll carry over from 2019 as of today. Also, only saving 8 million on Graham. 

I'd throw out one name for a tackle that could be had fairly inexpensive. George Fant from Seattle. He was playing really well before tearing his knee. Just now rounding back into shape but he's a back up now. He's be worth a look IMO. 

23 minutes ago, TheBitzMan said:

Huh? You mean like 5 games this year? He missed all of last year with an ACL and the year before missed the last few games with a lacerated kidney. He is always hurt and that should affect his free agency. 

http://www.nfl.com/player/hunterhenry/2555341/profile

Only five games EXCEPT for last year, which I neglected because NFL.com didn’t add the year he missed obviously.  But I found this nifty site, which says he only has a 51% chance of re-injury and a 4.4% chance of injury per game.

https://sportsinjurypredictor.com/player/hunter-henry/7470

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Only five games EXCEPT for last year, which I neglected because NFL.com didn’t add the year he missed obviously.  But I found this nifty site, which says he only has a 51% chance of re-injury and a 4.4% chance of injury per game.

just what we need. an injury predictor lol.

Give me littleton from LA he's the only guy i would be interested in on that last but likely will cost. His coverage ability is great watched him play he keeps up with RB's and TE's. No more crap beside Martinez him and LIttleton would be great. Anyone else draft. Use Graham's money on him and Clark.

2 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

No thanks on Henry we drafted a guy this year draft another later round guy. As long as AR is here we won't use the TE as it's an over the middle throw and AR wants to have the 4-1 TD to Int ratio last for his career. He just wont' use him. Jimmy G could be wide open and AR won't throw it to him until he realizes Adams is covered. It would be a bigger waste than Graham. Maybe a slot guy would be nice but as long as AR is the QB i would keep investing in the trenches and Defence.

• Like 1