An Early Look at 2020 Free Agency

Brit Pack

i made a list of guys that caught my eye when i was looking at this on Spotrac last night

QB

Marcus Mariota

Blake Bortles

Case Keenum

WR

Robby Anderson

Demarcus Robinson

AJ Green

TE

Jack Doyle

Marcedes Lewis

Hunter Henry

Darren Fells

Austin Hooper

OL

Brandon Scherff

Andrus Peat

Quinton Spain

Joe Thuney

Bryan Bulaga

Jared Veldheer

Jack Conklin

DL

Michael Brockers

Derek Wolfe

Gerald McCoy

Jordan Phillips

Shelby Harris

Arik Armstead

Quinton Jefferson

Rodney Gunter

Chris Jones

A’Shawn Robinson

(DJ Reader

David Onyemata

ILB

Blake Martinez

Danny Trevathan

Mychal Kendricks

Cory Littleton

Shaq Thompson

Joe Schobert

Nick Kwiatkoski

Jon Bostic

EDGE

Shaq Lawson

Robert Quinn

Matt Judon

Bud Dupree

Markus Golden

Whitney Mercilus

CB

Logan Ryan

Kendall Fuller

James Bradberry

Justin Bethel

Byron Jones

Brian Poole

Daryl Worley

Ross Cockrell

Jimmy Smith

Chris Harris

S

Adrian Phillips

Karl Joseph

Anthony Harris

Jimmie Ward

Vonn Bell

Ibraheim Campbell

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Gopackgonerd said:

Can he play the Slot? I think King will still be the starter next 

Eh if hes not expensive you just bring him to camp and see what happens. Dont promise anything. Hes like 27 and was just signed from the AAF. Theres a few tail end spots for DBs here.

I think we have to kindve bargain bin shop if we intend on paying a vet ILB top third money

Edited by HighCalebR

18 hours ago, PACKRULE said:

No thanks on Henry we drafted a guy this year draft another later round guy. As long as AR is here we won't use the TE as it's an over the middle throw and AR wants to have the 4-1 TD to Int ratio last for his career. He just wont' use him. Jimmy G could be wide open and AR won't throw it to him until he realizes Adams is covered. It would be a bigger waste than Graham. Maybe a slot guy would be nice but as long as AR is the QB i would keep investing in the trenches and Defense.

I 100% agree. Unless he is a really good athlete that is going to burn people and get open then I'll pass and spend the money somewhere that will be a bigger impact. I'm all for spending on IDL, CB, or ILB. Draft OL early and get some vets on defense.  

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/3/2019 at 12:40 PM, Brit Pack said:

DT
We need another stud in the middle without a doubt. If you look at our players: Kenny Clark PFF 72.6, Dean Lowry PFF 60.3, Tyler Lancaster PFF 63.6, Mo Adams PFF 44.4. Arguably could do with two bodies there, one in the draft one in free agency. According to Football Outsider our run blocking is the worst at 32  https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/dl/2019

Not sure if the guys fit the bill but they were interesting names

Jordan Phillips, 6ft 6in, 341lbs, 8 sacks, 1 FF, PFF 57.2
Vernon Butler, 6ft 4in, 330lbs, 4 sacks, 3 FF, PFF 65.5
DJ Reader, 6ft 3in, 347lbs,  3 sacks, PFF 87.8
Shelby Harris, 6ft 3in, 300lbs,  4 sacks, 1FF, PFF 82

Wanted to through this out there.   I believe @Packerraymond noted this DL FA group is pretty solid.   Would be interested in getting some thoughts on these players.

Jordan Phillips  -- BUF has a lot of cap space, so I think they will make a pretty sizable push to retain him.  

Michael Brockers-- former 1st round pick, 29 years old.    LAR with ~$24M in cap space.  Might be a little older than desired.  

Jarren Reed -- SEA has a lot of cap space, thinking they will push to retain him

Maliek Collins -- DAL has a lot of cap space ~$85M, but also has some big ticket FA (Dak, Cooper, Byron Jones)

Vernon Butler -- former 1st round pick.  CAR has ~$31M in cap space for 2020.  Might be an option (also have Gerald McCoy and Daryl Williams at DL as FA)

DJ Reader -- HOU has a lot of cap space to be able to retain him

Javon Hargrave -- PIT has ~$2M in cap space

David Onyemata -- NO has ~$5M in cap space, might be an option

Roy Roberston-Harris -- RFA, CHI has ~$10M in cap space.  Might be an option

• Like 1

On 12/3/2019 at 4:14 PM, Outpost31 said:

http://www.nfl.com/player/hunterhenry/2555341/profile

Only five games EXCEPT for last year, which I neglected because NFL.com didn’t add the year he missed obviously.  But I found this nifty site, which says he only has a 51% chance of re-injury and a 4.4% chance of injury per game.

https://sportsinjurypredictor.com/player/hunter-henry/7470

He "only" has a 51% chance?  Wouldn't a 51% chance of re-injury be a bad thing?

2 hours ago, squire12 said:

Wanted to through this out there.   I believe @Packerraymond noted this DL FA group is pretty solid.   Would be interested in getting some thoughts on these players.

Jordan Phillips  -- BUF has a lot of cap space, so I think they will make a pretty sizable push to retain him.  

Michael Brockers-- former 1st round pick, 29 years old.    LAR with ~$24M in cap space.  Might be a little older than desired.  

Jarren Reed -- SEA has a lot of cap space, thinking they will push to retain him

Maliek Collins -- DAL has a lot of cap space ~$85M, but also has some big ticket FA (Dak, Cooper, Byron Jones)

Vernon Butler -- former 1st round pick.  CAR has ~$31M in cap space for 2020.  Might be an option (also have Gerald McCoy and Daryl Williams at DL as FA)

DJ Reader -- HOU has a lot of cap space to be able to retain him

Javon Hargrave -- PIT has ~$2M in cap space

David Onyemata -- NO has ~$5M in cap space, might be an option

Roy Roberston-Harris -- RFA, CHI has ~$10M in cap space.  Might be an option

Agreed. I would try to mess with Chicago again on trying to get them to match an offer for RRH like they did with Fuller. I think he's got the brightest future of that Chicago front-7 TBH. I'd love to get Jarran Reed as well.

What about a veteran WR like Amendola or yes, even Randall Cobb?  I would like to see Brandon Scherff brought in as well, add to the power run game.  I look for Gute to do the opposite this year, spends on two key offensive players and one veteran DL.  Resigning Patrick might be the sign that the Packers might be ready to release Linsley, IMO.  

What about the following ILBs, Darron Lee, Reggie Ragland or Deone Bucannon?

Edited by jleisher
add