An Early Look at 2020 Free Agency

Brit Pack

On ‎1‎/‎1‎/‎2020 at 8:16 PM, Outpost31 said:

I’d rather have someone slow AF that’s like 37 years old who can learn the precisesest of route running so they’re in the spot Rodgers wants them.  No Janis, no MVS, no speed guys at all.  Except Desean Jackson or some other 8 year veteran who still has some speed left.

giphy.gif

(Sorry, had to)

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Fl0nkerton said:

a WR corps of Adams / Anderson / 2nd rd Draft Pick / Lazard / MVS / EQ looks like a lot of fun on paper.

Agreed.  A decent free agt and a quality wr draft pick with another year's experience for the others ... lots of tools ... lots of fun.

After looking at the list of WR's on the 2020 FA list, I'm not sure I see anyone that stands out as someone to target.  TAM already has Evans on a huge contract with Godwin entering his final year, so I do wonder how much TAM is prepared to offer Perriman.   Regardless, I don't think I'm interested in any of the WR's in the first wave of FA.

Edited by Mazrimiv

I personally think TE should be target 1 in fa. Grahm will be cut. Lewis has been solid but is 90 in football years. Neither Sternberger or Tonyan have shown enough to be confident in. Then a drafted TE will take a few years.

Ebron, Henry, or Hooper sound really nice. I know there are red flags with alll of them but they’d be an instant upgrade over what we have

2 hours ago, persiandud said:

I hope the Bengals let AJ Green walk. I'd give him a bunch of cash, he would be amazing here 

Splash on Green, someone on the DL like Vernon Butler

Then draft OL/front 7 on D and I'm ecstatic with that offseason 

I'd be ok with Green knowing more about his injury being ok.  He didn't play squat this year ... don't want him period if not 100%.  Maybe incentive based but he'd be on my list of would like players but be very very careful.

2 hours ago, persiandud said:

I hope the Bengals let AJ Green walk. I'd give him a bunch of cash, he would be amazing here 

I have a tough time imagining GB throwing a bunch of cash at a 32 year old WR who has missed 23 of his last 24 games due to separate toe and ankle surgeries.  Especially after this seasons 6-8 week recovery from a July ankle surgery turned into him missing the entire season without every being able to fully practice.

5 minutes ago, pacman5252 said:

I personally think TE should be target 1 in fa. Grahm will be cut. Lewis has been solid but is 90 in football years. Neither Sternberger or Tonyan have shown enough to be confident in. Then a drafted TE will take a few years.

Ebron, Henry, or Hooper sound really nice. I know there are red flags with alll of them but they’d be an instant upgrade over what we have

I'm there with ya.  Look how NE struggled without a good te this year.  NO, KC, SF, PHIL, BALT, MN all have a te that are excellent main threat players for their team.  Having that type te for Packers would certainly help Rodgers as he's getting older.  And yes, Rodgers would throw any of those te the ball! 

Watching Ebron drop passes for the next few years would be the logical next step in the progression of GB's FA adventures at TE

I'd be OK with diverting the Graham money to Hooper, but it sounds like keeping Hooper is a top priority for ATL.

Edited by Mazrimiv

37 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

I have a tough time imagining GB throwing a bunch of cash at a 32 year old WR who has missed 23 of his last 24 games due to separate toe and ankle surgeries.  Especially after this seasons 6-8 week recovery from a July ankle surgery turned into him missing the entire season without every being able to fully practice.

This.

I dont know CINs cap situation and how much discretionary income they'll have to throw around - but read somewhere to FT Green would insure he'd pull in 18M. No way GB should offer him that kind of cash. It's questionable if CIN will IMO.

DT Phillips is interesting.  BUF has a lot of cap space, but they already have Start Lotulelei on a large contract, they just drafted Ed Oliver with the 9th overall pick, and they have some other contracts that need to get done.  I would think BUF will retain Phillips, and by all accounts his preference is to stay in BUF.  If he hits the market, Phillips is certainly a guy I'd be happy to see GB land.  I expect it would take something in the 12-15M/YR range. 

Armstead from SF is in a similar situation, but SF has much less cap space to work with.

If GB could land either Phillips or Armstead, the off-season is a success.  In the TT years this would have been a pipe-dream.  With Gute I can at least convince myself it's a possibility.

56 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

DT Phillips is interesting.  BUF has a lot of cap space, but they already have Start Lotulelei on a large contract, they just drafted Ed Oliver with the 9th overall pick, and they have some other contracts that need to get done.  I would think BUF will retain Phillips, and by all accounts his preference is to stay in BUF.  If he hits the market, Phillips is certainly a guy I'd be happy to see GB land.  I expect it would take something in the 12-15M/YR range. 

Armstead from SF is in a similar situation, but SF has much less cap space to work with.

If GB could land either Phillips or Armstead, the off-season is a success.  In the TT years this would have been a pipe-dream.  With Gute I can at least convince myself it's a possibility.

I would be happy with Robertson-Harris from the Bears. Now that they gave that big contract to Eddie Jackson, might he be in play?