An Early Look at 2020 Free Agency

Brit Pack

13 hours ago, squire12 said:

He tailed off some from it seemed.  That game 1, he was living in the backfield it seemed like.  His 2018 was better in terms of pressures, sacks and hurries on a per snaps basis.  

Not sure if that is a function of Hicks going out with the injury affecting the entire DL group, or the increase in snaps affecting his play overall from a fatigue perspective.  

HT WT age Team team cap space year snaps snaps % sacks QB pressure hurries total (SPH) sack/snap QB pressure/snap hurries/snap total SPH/snaps
Roy Robertson-Harris 6'5 292   CHI 15M 2019 543 50 2.5 17 7 26.5 0.46% 3.13% 1.29% 4.88%
            2018 353 33 3 16 7 26 0.85% 4.53% 1.98% 7.37%

All depends on how much he's going to cost the Packers.  There's going to be some very good interior DL that would pair up nicely with Clark.  In Gute I trust.

'

15 hours ago, squire12 said:

NO is really going to be in a tough spot this off season.  They have about $5M in cap space and have a big FA group to decide on.

Defense alone

Eli Apple -- 932 snaps

PJ Williams -- 798

Vonn Bell -- 871

AJ Klein -- 753

David Onyemata -- 565

Offense

Brees, Bridgewater, Andrus Peet

What are our thoughts on Klein? I know his game is a lot like Blake's and he's a tick older IIRC, but he's from Kimberly FWIW originally and everywhere he's gone in the league, he's been solid.

23 minutes ago, Joe said:

What are our thoughts on Klein? I know his game is a lot like Blake's and he's a tick older IIRC, but he's from Kimberly FWIW originally and everywhere he's gone in the league, he's been solid.

Honestly, depending on the contract for both I'd probably just vote to retain Goodson.  He's not good, but at least he knows the defense.  Both of them are coming off the field on 3rd down, and if trends hold Pettine only plays two off-ball backers like, 50% of the drives anyway.  

1 hour ago, Kenrik said:

I that 5M is still counting Brees 21.4 million. SO I think they have about 26 million without Brees. Jenkins is getting 11 million and they could cut that for no dead cap or restructure.

Yeah, they can cut some players to make room.  I missed that also had Brees listed, when he is also listed as a FA for them....weird

Still a lot of snaps to account for on defense with not much cap space

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Joe said:

Not sure he is a full time inside LB.  Might be an option to make a run at as an upgrade over Goodson/Burks next to Martinez (if he is re-signed)

9 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Yeah, they can cut some players to make room.  I missed that also had Brees listed, when he is also listed as a FA for them....weird

Still a lot of snaps to account for on defense with not much cap space

Depending on which direction they do go with QB a lot of that cap will be eaten up at the QB position.

3 hours ago, MrBobGray said:

Honestly, depending on the contract for both I'd probably just vote to retain Goodson.  He's not good, but at least he knows the defense.  Both of them are coming off the field on 3rd down, and if trends hold Pettine only plays two off-ball backers like, 50% of the drives anyway.  

2 hours ago, squire12 said:

Not sure he is a full time inside LB.  Might be an option to make a run at as an upgrade over Goodson/Burks next to Martinez (if he is re-signed)

Yeah. I'm kinda in this ballpark as well. I think he's an upgrade over Goodson, but really only at the right price. Perhaps he'd give a literal hometown discount.

4 hours ago, Joe said:

I'm going to go total homer and say I hope we bring him home.  Would love to see him in a Packers uniform.

Looks like 20ish mil if you cut lane taylor and cut jimmy graham, resign bulaga, re-sign martinez.  Those are moves i'd probably make.  More on Graham below, since that is actually the least "slam dunk" move.

Then you need a kicker, a nickle back, and a WR.  Can always bring back lazard, tramon, and crosby.

So i think there are probably 1-2 free agents you can look at.  My preference would be a pass catcher and a corner. not sure why we are focused in on Klein (who I think is a very solid player) and other LBs.  I guess if you don't retain Martinez that makes sense.

emmanuel sanders makes a ton of sense.  Would like to see robby anderson, but I expect he's gonna draw interest as the only young player with production available.   Realistically this is a very very poor FA WR class.   There's not even an interesting younger WR UFA who isn't highly regarded.  There are 2 interesting RFAs for me: David Moore on Seattle and Keelan Cole on Jax.

So it will be either a cap casualty, Sanders, or a TE, and at least there's a few more viable options there.  Unfortunately, I'm not sure the front office will see them as significant upgrades over Jimmy Graham.  Hunter Henry has a ton of injury risk and is surely going to fetch a lot.  Hooper should set the market.  Ebron is tough to evaluate, and I'd probably stay away.

Clearly, the Jared Cook mistake is really having an impact even now.

Cornerback wise, I would give chris harris all the money.   I would definitely pay Logan ryan as a very solid slot CB and a clear upgrade over tramon, especially long term.  Trae Waynes is intriguing, and so is Byron Jones.   Breeland is available again, so is kendall fuller from the chefs (not kyle).  There's a ton of options here, and they get better because you have Alexander who is flexible enough to play outside or in the slot.  Overall I'm less worried about this spot. 

Don't think this is ever going to be Josh Jackson's spot though, and you need an outside player coming in.

On 1/9/2020 at 2:29 PM, skibrett15 said:

Looks like 20ish mil if you cut lane taylor and cut jimmy graham, resign bulaga, re-sign martinez.  Those are moves i'd probably make.  More on Graham below, since that is actually the least "slam dunk" move.

Then you need a kicker, a nickle back, and a WR.  Can always bring back lazard, tramon, and crosby.

So i think there are probably 1-2 free agents you can look at.  My preference would be a pass catcher and a corner. not sure why we are focused in on Klein (who I think is a very solid player) and other LBs.  I guess if you don't retain Martinez that makes sense.

emmanuel sanders makes a ton of sense.  Would like to see robby anderson, but I expect he's gonna draw interest as the only young player with production available.   Realistically this is a very very poor FA WR class.   There's not even an interesting younger WR UFA who isn't highly regarded.  There are 2 interesting RFAs for me: David Moore on Seattle and Keelan Cole on Jax.

So it will be either a cap casualty, Sanders, or a TE, and at least there's a few more viable options there.  Unfortunately, I'm not sure the front office will see them as significant upgrades over Jimmy Graham.  Hunter Henry has a ton of injury risk and is surely going to fetch a lot.  Hooper should set the market.  Ebron is tough to evaluate, and I'd probably stay away.

Clearly, the Jared Cook mistake is really having an impact even now.

Cornerback wise, I would give chris harris all the money.   I would definitely pay Logan ryan as a very solid slot CB and a clear upgrade over tramon, especially long term.  Trae Waynes is intriguing, and so is Byron Jones.   Breeland is available again, so is kendall fuller from the chefs (not kyle).  There's a ton of options here, and they get better because you have Alexander who is flexible enough to play outside or in the slot.  Overall I'm less worried about this spot. 

Don't think this is ever going to be Josh Jackson's spot though, and you need an outside player coming in.

Interested in Darqueze Dennard from Cincinnati. 

Anyone have thoughts on him?

Was on PUP to start 2019.  Played decent on a crap team from some stuff I have pulled thus far.

Edited by squire12