An Early Look at 2020 Free Agency

Brit Pack

21 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

You can laugh all you want, but it’s true.  Rodgers knows more, is smarter, is less prone to turnovers yada yada yada, but Dak Prescott on this team right now would make for a better offense.

Whatever you say, hoss. Dak is friggin' terrible and a 100% empty stats guy. He's not good whatsoever but you quote stats all you want and shout til you're blue in the face, it's cool. Dak sucks and there's nothing more to say about it.

28 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Yes Rodgers 100% held Cobb back.  If you think a QB who won’t throw crossing routes or over the middle is good for Cobb you’re dumb.  Cobb in New England instead of Green Bay is a Hall if Fame receiver.  

Oh please, I remember he hit Cobb quick over the middle a ton over the years. You're acting like he avoided cobb there his entire tenure here and Dak opened up a whole new world for him.

Edited by Gopackgonerd
  • Like 1

On 12/30/2019 at 11:09 AM, squire12 said:

Wanted to through this out there.   I believe @Packerraymond noted this DL FA group is pretty solid.   Would be interested in getting some thoughts on these players.

Jordan Phillips  -- BUF has a lot of cap space, so I think they will make a pretty sizable push to retain him.  

Michael Brockers-- former 1st round pick, 29 years old.    LAR with ~$24M in cap space.  Might be a little older than desired.  

Jarren Reed -- SEA has a lot of cap space, thinking they will push to retain him

Maliek Collins -- DAL has a lot of cap space ~$85M, but also has some big ticket FA (Dak, Cooper, Byron Jones)

Vernon Butler -- former 1st round pick.  CAR has ~$31M in cap space for 2020.  Might be an option (also have Gerald McCoy and Daryl Williams at DL as FA)

DJ Reader -- HOU has a lot of cap space to be able to retain him

Javon Hargrave -- PIT has ~$2M in cap space

David Onyemata -- NO has ~$5M in cap space, might be an option

Roy Roberston-Harris -- RFA, CHI has ~$10M in cap space.  Might be an option

HT and WT from ESPN rosters

Butler -- 6'4" 330

Brockers -- 6'5"  305

Onyemata-- 6'4" 300

Robertson-Harris -- 6'5" 292

Collins -- 6'2" 310

Would really like 1 of those first 4 players.  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Give me Robertson-Harris please

RFA and Chicago is tight with cap space.  Was undrafted, so will be interesting to see what they tag him at.

6 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

I only know of this guy because of our week 1 game... has he done anything else this year?

Think he is an ascending type player that his better years are ahead of him.  about 50% of snaps.  30 tackes, 22 solo, 2.5 sacks.  3 TFL, 10 QB hits

23 minutes ago, squire12 said:

HT and WT from ESPN rosters

Butler -- 6'4" 330

Brockers -- 6'5"  305

Onyemata-- 6'4" 300

Robertson-Harris -- 6'5" 292

Collins -- 6'2" 310

Would really like 1 of those first 4 players.  

Wow Vernon really turned it on this year. I was like ?? but now I'm like ...

Looks like RRH was in a 4 man rotation. Definitely more effective with Akiem, didn't get a sack after he was knocked out. Fairly consistent pressure throughout though.

Better pressure package player than anyone else we have..

I wouldn't mind the poach, he was a little draft crush though so I'm probably selfish.

6 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

Wow Vernon really turned it on this year. I was like ?? but now I'm like ...

He might be my top target.  CAR has a fair number of FA players.  Butler, Van Roten, Bradberry, Cockrell, Mario Addison, McCoy, Tre Boston.   $31M in cap space for 2020.  

1 minute ago, HighCalebR said:

Looks like RRH was in a 4 man rotation. Definitely more effective with Akiem, didn't get a sack after he was knocked out. Fairly consistent pressure throughout though.

Better pressure package player than anyone else we have..

I wouldn't mind the poach, he was a little draft crush though so I'm probably selfish.

Depends on what CHI tags him with in RFA.   IF they go RFA 2nd round, are you giving up that 2nd for him?

1 minute ago, squire12 said:

Depends on what CHI tags him with in RFA.   IF they go RFA 2nd round, are you giving up that 2nd for him?

I'd think about it. I'd have to watch more snaps to give you a real opinion.

The team 100% wouldn't. They seem so dumbly high on Lowry. Apparently they had Rodgers watching some Lowry highlights? IDK where they found those..

Anyone think DeMarcus Robinson could be a guy that's best football is ahead of him once out of the shadow of Hill, Watkins and Kelce?

I always try to look in FA for someone who could do more with more opportunities. Robinson might be it. Just don't know how naturally gifted he is, don't remember scouting him much out of Florida.

• Like 1