GDT Week 14: Denver Broncos @ Houston Texans: Drewcember continues!

iLikeDefense

7 minutes ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

Secondly, and I don’t want to make today seem like the past doesn’t matter and that the future won’t, but driving to the bar for the game today I had on The Fan pregame show and Patriots fan and Boston native D-Mac (held as authority here by some) was saying how the team should acquire Tom Brady this offseason. 

Well, ******-Mac....errr,  D-bag....err, whatever he goes by still has his head up his Patriot-fans Dad's butt. Brady is in such a decline his presence would be nothing like acquiring Manning, wasn't that one of his analogies ??

• Like 2

Honestly I’m ok if we fall back a little as long is it means we’re re-establishing that culture and swagger of winning. 

especially this year. personally my second favorite player in the draft is Tyler Biadasz, OC, Wisconsin who will probably go late teens/ early twenties 

And much like the Raiders, the Red wings, and the dodgers, I’m always ready to buy a beer for someone will give give a hearty FU to that fat hobbit D-bag.

• Like 6

30 minutes ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

I was at the bar today with the family for the game and one of my friends said “it’s only hurting our draft position” and while he wasn’t unhappy with wha the win, I did get his point. I said that the confidence a win like today’s gives Lock, Scangarello, the whole team, the whole organization for that matter could likely be worth A LOT more in the long run than a half dozen spots in the draft where everything was a total crap shoot. 

Plus, these guys are young.  If they can adapt to a winning culture now??

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lomaxgrUK said:

This forum went crazy when we paid Kareem Jackson instead of Adrian Amos. Since moving to Safety, he's been the best player on this team. What a performance that was.

Drew looked really nice. Sure feels good to see a QB play with that confidence and with mobility to counter our pass pro issues. That said, Coach Rich was the MVP on Offense. He called his best FULL game as Coach. He was absolutely perfect in that 1st half. Can anyone name a better call than that fake HB flare with the inside pass to Fant? So, so, so good.

I 100% get it when people say they want good draft position, but give me THAT over losing all day. To play like we did with the injuries we have (4 healthy DL for most of today), was epic.

I can't wait for the next game of a 5-8 football team; do I need my head checking?

As a corner, sure. He was terrible at corner. 

Haven't seen an inside pass like that since Tebow.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, broncos_fan _from _uk said:

Honestly I’m ok if we fall back a little as long is it means we’re re-establishing that culture and swagger of winning. 

especially this year. personally my second favorite player in the draft is Tyler Biadasz, OC, Wisconsin who will probably go late teens/ early twenties 

And much like the Raiders, the Red wings, and the dodgers, I’m always ready to buy a beer for someone will give give a hearty FU to that fat hobbit D-bag.

I'll take that as an open invitation !! When are you in town again ??

1 hour ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

Secondly, and I don’t want to make today seem like the past doesn’t matter and that the future won’t, but driving to the bar for the game today I had on The Fan pregame show and Patriots fan and Boston native D-Mac (held as authority here by some) was saying how the team should acquire Tom Brady this offseason. 

You don’t want the GOAT?

Pretty pumped for Lock.  I was all for tanking w the assumption we didn't have a QB.

It's only two games, but dare I say it we may have a QB, so go ahead and get a taste of winning.  Bad franchises stay bad because the entire building forgets how awesome it feels to win.  See Jets, Dolphins, Browns et al.

• Like 9

6 minutes ago, elliot878 said:

Pretty pumped for Lock.  I was all for tanking w the assumption we didn't have a QB.

It's only two games, but dare I say it we may have a QB, so go ahead and get a taste of winning.  Bad franchises stay bad because the entire building forgets how awesome it feels to win.  See Jets, Dolphins, Browns et al.

Drew Lock was a first round talent that's all there is to say

8 minutes ago, elliot878 said:

HE IS BACK

15 minutes ago, Cutler06 said:

With the potential emergence of Lock and the fact we've won 5 of last 9, does this hold any credence to it may help with the signing of some of our free agents like Simmons,  CHJ, et al ??

You'd think it would.

• Like 1