GDT Week 14: Denver Broncos @ Houston Texans: Drewcember continues!

iLikeDefense

That game was circa 97/98 when the Broncos had essentially won by half-time.  Then they'd come out and score again for good measure and the game was pretty much in-hand.  Stress-free football.  We haven't had that in a longgggg time.  The beer tastes better right now. 

Edited by jsthomp2007
  • Like 3

17 minutes ago, jsthomp2007 said:

That game was circa 97/98 when the Broncos had essentially won by half-time.  Then they'd come out and score again for good measure and the game was pretty much in-hand.  Stress-free football.  We haven't had that in a longgggg time.  The beer tastes better right now. 

Great analogy!  Up 38-3 with 9 minutes left in the 3rd.  That is 97/98 era football. 

This forum went crazy when we paid Kareem Jackson instead of Adrian Amos. Since moving to Safety, he's been the best player on this team. What a performance that was.

Drew looked really nice. Sure feels good to see a QB play with that confidence and with mobility to counter our pass pro issues. That said, Coach Rich was the MVP on Offense. He called his best FULL game as Coach. He was absolutely perfect in that 1st half. Can anyone name a better call than that fake HB flare with the inside pass to Fant? So, so, so good.

I 100% get it when people say they want good draft position, but give me THAT over losing all day. To play like we did with the injuries we have (4 healthy DL for most of today), was epic.

I can't wait for the next game of a 5-8 football team; do I need my head checking?

• Like 8

Just now, Missouri bronco said:

Noah Fant said his foot is fine. Stepped on, he said. X-rays negative. Expects to be good to go for KC

per Andrew Mason tweet

And that my friend is an excellent 1st post. My all time favorite!

Welcome to the forum.

1 hour ago, lomaxgrUK said:

I 100% get it when people say they want good draft position, but give me THAT over losing all day. To play like we did with the injuries we have (4 healthy DL for most of today), was epic.

I was at the bar today with the family for the game and one of my friends said “it’s only hurting our draft position” and while he wasn’t unhappy with wha the win, I did get his point. I said that the confidence a win like today’s gives Lock, Scangarello, the whole team, the whole organization for that matter could likely be worth A LOT more in the long run than a half dozen spots in the draft where everything was a total crap shoot. 

• Like 4

Secondly, and I don’t want to make today seem like the past doesn’t matter and that the future won’t, but driving to the bar for the game today I had on The Fan pregame show and Patriots fan and Boston native D-Mac (held as authority here by some) was saying how the team should acquire Tom Brady this offseason. 

4 minutes ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

I was at the bar today with the family for the game and one of my friends said “it’s only hurting our draft position” and while he wasn’t unhappy with wha the win, I did get his point. I said that the confidence a win like today’s gives Lock, Scangarello, the whole team, the whole organization for that matter could likely be worth A LOT more in the long run than a half dozen spots in the draft where everything was a total crap shoot. 

Well, actually we didn't move back from last week in the draft position, still at 11. Now we didn't move up but best we'd of gained is to the 9th spot.

5 minutes ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

Secondly, and I don’t want to make today seem like the past doesn’t matter and that the future won’t, but driving to the bar for the game today I had on The Fan pregame show and Patriots fan and Boston native D-Mac (held as authority here by some) was saying how the team should acquire Tom Brady this offseason. 

Ew. 

• Like 1