Ron Rivera Fired

brownie man

49 minutes ago, brownie man said:

Get this man on the Browns

we already got Wilks and some other guys from the Carolina staff

Im not sure I’d want Turner as OC but **** he’d be better than Monken

People dismissing this haven't really watched the good work Rivera has put in with mostly middling or worst talent on both sides of the ball including bad OLines and an oft-injured declining health QB.

He's a good tough-minded culture leader but he's not an elite or consistently great one.

This would've been the perfect type of hire this past off-season (obviously it wasn't possible then) in order to get an established winning Head Coach that can implement a tough, no excuses, disciplined program. 

We could've then paired Wilks, Rivera, and Holcomb together. Then, actually hired a real QB coach instead of elevated Freddie's guy Ryan Lindley. Monken would've then ran the offense with the QB Coach and Campen.

We would've had a HC that could focus his time of building winning culture and being the lead administrator of a winning skills and habits football program.

The ship has probably sailed on that dream as it would be doubtful that Rivera would come to the Browns and keep the same staff intact that Dorsey wants. With that said, anyone that doesn't think that Rivera would be an upgrade over Freddie has already drunk the kool-aid and is obliviously riding the wave.

Edited by Mind Character
  • Like 3

43 minutes ago, mtmmike said:

The riot attributes him to run a 3-4 this year we don’t get many of his games here 

in Jackson Wyoming 

He runs a 3-4 now because they have 5 DL they want to put on the field and 2 stud linebackers. A 3-4 made sense based on their players.

He's always been a 4-3 guy until this year.

That being said? No. I want an offensive-minded head coach that can right this ship.

...although a defensive coach would be more apt to running the freaking football down people's throats.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, brownie man said:

Get this man on the Browns

we already got Wilks and some other guys from the Carolina staff

Im not sure I’d want Turner as OC but **** he’d be better than Monken

I completely agree. It be a smooth transition defensively. Which would be a huge bonus.

Why would it be assumed Turner would be his OC? Turner has only been his OC for 2 years. Doesnt really have that strong of a connection to him.

I just wonder who he would pick offensively

I would actually like to see Jason Garrett as the OC. Have him turn Baker into a better Romo.

• Like 1