Ron Rivera Fired

brownie man

Ron Rivera is known in league circles as running a disciplined football operation.

As a HC he's had one of the most consistent teams when it comes to preventing penalties of all types.

https://www.footballdb.com/stats/penalties.html?yr=2019

2019 - the 3rd least number of penalties;  

2018 - (Tied for best in the league) 3-way tie in Least number of penalties;

2017 - (best in the league) the Least number of penalties on the year; 

2016 - 7th least number of penalties

2015 - 10th least number of penalties

2014 - 4th least number of penalties

2013 - 5th least number of penalties

-----

It's not luck. It's programmatic teaching of focus on task and execution in order to have a team consistently commit close the least number of penalties a given year.

It takes organization and commitment to a disciplined hyper-focused plan on the details of work.

If all Rivera did was make this team disciplined and focus on the details penalty-wise and  beyond... if he also had a competent OC and QB coach and let Wilks run the defense, we'd be well on our way. 

Sign me up.

• Like 2

I as an outsider, want the Browns to completely disregard Ron Rivera. 

This would be almost too perfect of an HC hire for them. The defense is already established to at least a great degree to the type of defense Ron Rivera runs and the offense already has more talent than any offense Rivera has coached as an HC in Carolina. I'd be SHOCKED to see the Browns not at least try to get this man as their next HC and am a bit surprised they haven't already fired Kitchens. 

Again, I hope Rivera goes elsewhere because I'm a Steeler fan, last thing I want is for the Browns to get even better.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kiwibrown said:

Im not high garrett id rather go caldwell

We should've hired Jim Caldwell the first time around. He was the most qualified. His winning records were insane for a HC that never got another look after Detroit. Though he had some tough breaks in the playoffs.

5 out of 7 seasons as a HC == winning seasons:

9-7 (Detroit)

9-7(Detroit)

10-6 (Indy)

14-2 (Indy)

11-5 (Detroit)

His other 2 seasons were the Peyton Manning exit Indy Colts Andrew Luck Tank season 2-11 and 7-9 in Detroit his second year as HC

-- His biggest critiques are that his face is empty and devoid of emotion on the sideline and he doesn't win press conferences.

-- He's not just a rooney rule interview as he's always classified; we would've been better off hiring him.

There's still time.. lol. Rivera or Caldwell 2020.

Edited by Mind Character

1 hour ago, Mind Character said:

We should've hired Jim Caldwell the first time around. He was the most qualified. His winning records were insane for a HC that never got another look after Detroit. Though he had some tough breaks in the playoffs.

5 out of 7 season winning seasons:

9-7 (Detroit)

9-7(Detroit)

10-6 (Indy)

14-2 (Indy)

11-5 (Detroit)

His other 2 seasons were the Peyton Manning exit Indy Colts Andrew Luck Tank season 2-11 and 7-9 in Detroit his second year as HC

-- His biggest critiques are that his face is empty and devoid of emotion on the sideline and he doesn't win press conferences.

-- He's not just a rooney rule interview as he's always classified; we would've been better off hiring him.

There's still time.. lol. Rivera or Caldwell 2020.

Hell, why not both?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, wwhickok said:

I as an outsider, want the Browns to completely disregard Ron Rivera. 

This would be almost too perfect of an HC hire for them. The defense is already established to at least a great degree to the type of defense Ron Rivera runs and the offense already has more talent than any offense Rivera has coached as an HC in Carolina. I'd be SHOCKED to see the Browns not at least try to get this man as their next HC and am a bit surprised they haven't already fired Kitchens. 

Again, I hope Rivera goes elsewhere because I'm a Steeler fan, last thing I want is for the Browns to get even better.

Yeah you as a Stiller fan would love to swoosh us into mediocrity. That’s what Rivera would do for us. 

I really can’t believe we’re back to wanting just good enough. My god you guys piss and moan about the littlest of things. We hire this cat and I guarantee you’ll be pissing and moaning about Rivera. 

Sheesh hopefully we draft this Richard Worship guy so you guys can get back on the straight path. 

3 minutes ago, Bonanza23 said:

Honestly I’ve seen many of Rivera’s “coached” games and you guys would lose your minds. 

I’d probably have to leave FF for good. I wouldn’t be able to handle it. 

Lose our minds more so than we do now?