Week 14 GDT: Packers vs Washington Redskins

squire12

25 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

It does help that this looks like a historically good WR draft.  There's like 9 guys who will be in the first round conversation, and some of them are going to fall out- much like 2014.

The next draft that isn't a historically good receiver draft according to the talking heads will be the first. We can't have historically good receiver drafts every year guys.

20 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

The next draft that isn't a historically good receiver draft according to the talking heads will be the first. We can't have historically good receiver drafts every year guys.

I mean, this is a much better WR draft than the last one, or the one before that, or the one before that, or the one before that, or the one before that.  Which is helpful.

Nobody was that hype about the Corey Davis, Mike Williams, John Ross year after all.

Edited by PossibleCabbage

44 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

You keep saying this but I follow the draft religiously and this isn't a thing. The last time I heard all this hype was the year of Evans, Watkins and OBJ.

1 hour ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

33 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

You keep saying this but I follow the draft religiously and this isn't a thing. The last time I heard all this hype was the year of Evans, Watkins and OBJ.

This past WR group was solid with a good group of #2 type wr.  This upcoming class should have that + some that can be #1 in a few years and certainly could be productive early as a #2/3.

43 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Yeah, every year is potentially a historical year for some position (well, not 2013... sorry Chiefs).  In 2019 it was the DL group, in 2018 it was the QB group, in the OBJ draft it was the WRs, etc.  It's just come around so that it's the WRs again.

1 minute ago, PossibleCabbage said:

Yeah, every year is potentially a historical year for some position (well, not 2013... sorry Chiefs).  In 2019 it was the DL group, in 2018 it was the QB group, in the OBJ draft it was the WRs, etc.  It's just come around so that it's the WRs again.

They way the college game is changing and the proliferation of the passing game down into the college and HS levels + the QB schools, there are more and more WR that are getting an opportunity to perform and develop well before they get to the NFL.  

6 hours ago, HighCalebR said:

Well of course. Also argued with a row of boomers after half. Solid game.

I bitched 5 times that it was louder in the bar I was at than the game. (There were 3 people at the bar I was at and none of us were being loud) 

****s a joke. I never really noticed/cared before this year but it's really starting to bother me. 

Edited by Norm
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Norm said:

I bitched 5 times that it was louder in the bar I was at than the game. (There were 3 people at the bar I was at and none of us were being loud) 

****s a joke. I never really noticed/cared before this year but it's really starting to bother me. 

Shlt that never changes with the Packers:   
1. Rodgers will always hold the ball too long, and usually bring the play clock down to zero.  
2. Fans at Lambeau will sit down and be quiet and polite.   
3.  ILB will never be a priority.    
4. Talent on offense will always take a back-seat to defense in the draft.

• Like 1

Went to the game today so I was able to see everything clearly. Good lord do these receivers suck. Nobody is open 75% of the time. Rodgers missed some throws, obviously (I shouldn't have to say this every time I post about WRs - It should be obvious to everyone that Rodgers missed throws), but these WRs do him no favors. The Jimmy deep ball that was missed was brutal considering Rodgers should've known he was throwing to a lumberer and not a wide out. The Jones throw, there was clear illegal contact that slowed Jones down otherwise that's an easy touchdown. I can't consider that one a miss because of how the contact affected the route. We also have very little routes over the middle. We make it a thing to mention how Rodgers doesn't like throwing over the middle due to INT risk. That may be valid but the simple fact is, those routes aren't there half the time and when they are run, they are covered like glue because our receiving options suck. We absolutely need to address WR. We have Davante facing bracketed coverage and a ton of guys that belong on the waiver wire running routes. Rodgers also was a master at back shoulder throws but we don't have that option anymore because we don't have the horses to run those routes nor do we have guys Rodgers trusts enough to do so. Jordy and JJ had Rodgers trust thus the contested shots to JJ and the back shoulders to Jordy. Rodgers is a fickle dude, man. Insanely talented but insanely fickle when it comes to his WRs.

Both the Rodgers detractors and the WR detractors have legs to stand on. I dunno, I'm just saying my peace, I guess. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Went to the game today so I was able to see everything clearly. Good lord do these receivers suck. Nobody is open 75% of the time. Rodgers missed some throws, obviously (I shouldn't have to say this every time I post about WRs - It should be obvious to everyone that Rodgers missed throws), but these WRs do him no favors. The Jimmy deep ball that was missed was brutal considering Rodgers should've known he was throwing to a lumberer and not a wide out. The Jones throw, there was clear illegal contact that slowed Jones down otherwise that's an easy touchdown. I can't consider that one a miss because of how the contact affected the route. We also have very little routes over the middle. We make it a thing to mention how Rodgers doesn't like throwing over the middle due to INT risk. That may be valid but the simple fact is, those routes aren't there half the time and when they are run, they are covered like glue because our receiving options suck. We absolutely need to address WR. We have Davante facing bracketed coverage and a ton of guys that belong on the waiver wire running routes. Rodgers also was a master at back shoulder throws but we don't have that option anymore because we don't have the horses to run those routes nor do we have guys Rodgers trusts enough to do so. Jordy and JJ had Rodgers trust thus the contested shots to JJ and the back shoulders to Jordy. Rodgers is a fickle dude, man. Insanely talented but insanely fickle when it comes to his WRs.

Both the Rodgers detractors and the WR detractors have legs to stand on. I dunno, I'm just saying my peace, I guess. 

You are probably right - the offensive woes right now are both Rodgers trying to protect the ball and the lack of talent at WR.  If our second best WR is an UDFA after Adams that is a problem.  WR has to be an offensive priority this offseason.   Yes, Gute has drafted WRs but not before the 4th round outside of J'Mon Moore who is now on the Browns' PS.