Week 14 GDT: Packers vs Washington Redskins

squire12

2 hours ago, Gopackgonerd said:

Why is he not throwing this? Does he not see on film missing these guys on a weekly basis??

Yeah .. who is coaching this guy?  Is anyone pointing it out to him?  Is the media starting to get after Aaron yet?  At worst you have to hit the short pass to the wide open running back.

Just watched a replay of the first half. Rodgers missed two opportunities for TDs on the last drive, then fumbled. Jeesh. The first opportunity was Lazard running a post on quarters coverage. The second was Allison running deep and his man slipped. Why is Rodgers not seeing this stuff? It should have easily been 21-6 at half. 

3 hours ago, Gopackgonerd said:

Why is he not throwing this? Does he not see on film missing these guys on a weekly basis??

Because he's broken.  He is so into not turning the ball over that he now hesitates on almost every throw.  He is out of rhythm.  His lack of attention to detail is becoming clearer and clearer.  Getting better wide receivers will not fix this problem.  Remember at the start of the year and Rodgers and LeFleur talked about breaking the huddle and getting to the line of scrimmage faster.  Look at yesterdays game....we rarely broke the huddle with more than 15 seconds left on it.  Almost no quick snaps...no urgency.  So, is that on the coach or Rodgers or both cause its not happening.  Plus when we do get to the line of scrimmage with 13 or 14 seconds left, Rodgers almost always attempts to get the defensive line to jump offsides with his cadence.  Opposing defenses are onto that.  They know we rarely hike it with more than 5 seconds left on the clock.  Hell, yesterday we bled it down to under 2 seconds a lot.

A year or two ago we thought that McCarthy was the problem or our GM was the problem.  But how much of these offensive problems was/is on Rodgers?  He is certainly not an elite quarterback anymore.  And unfortunately Murphy insisted we sign him to an extension 2 years early that pays him elite money.  He seems to know he has the power and is not going to change.  So who's team is this...Gute's LeFleur's or Rodgers?  Quarterbacks age in different ways  Rodgers seems to have lost his ability to pull the trigger.  Somebody needs to get to him before it's too late.  If not, he'll be gone after the 2021 season.  Until then, we will all have to suffer him.

I'm coming around to the idea of drafting Tua with the 24th pick in this year's draft if he drops that far.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, KFP7 said:

We need the NFL to change how interceptions are documented.  If it hits the receiver in any way, and deflects off for an INT, then that is listed on the WR not the QB.  

Boom, Rodgers back to elite.  

The interceptions are extremely low, but so are his amount of TD's compared to his glory years.  He's not taking a lot of chances these days.

35 minutes ago, Mr. Fussnputz said:

Just watched a replay of the first half. Rodgers missed two opportunities for TDs on the last drive, then fumbled. Jeesh. The first opportunity was Lazard running a post on quarters coverage. The second was Allison running deep and his man slipped. Why is Rodgers not seeing this stuff? It should have easily been 21-6 at half. 

Lazard was oppo rollout though right? If it's the right one that wouldve been near impossible to hit.

Edited by HighCalebR

I'll also add this....anyone notice the change in tone of State Farm's commercials this year with Rodgers.  They started off a couple of years ago kind of light and funny with Clay Matthews.  Now the commercials make him look like he's stuck up...I'm smarter than you....I know better than you...you're a stupid fool.  Probably his agent....at least I hope it is.    

9 minutes ago, minnypackerfan said:

I'll also add this....anyone notice the change in tone of State Farm's commercials this year with Rodgers.  They started off a couple of years ago kind of light and funny with Clay Matthews.  Now the commercials make him look like he's stuck up...I'm smarter than you....I know better than you...you're a stupid fool.  Probably his agent....at least I hope it is.    

What? AR has nothing to say (or do) about the content of the commercials he's in. Personally, I dont think this years commercials are as good as before - but mainly I attribute that to the inclusion of the "two Agents" and the generally weird / stilted conversations and vibe of the entire group. Just not good productions IMO - but they're commercials about insurance. Cant expect much.

Edited by Leader

36 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

The interceptions are extremely low, but so are his amount of TD's compared to his glory years.  He's not taking a lot of chances these days.

I was halfway joking, but I think the biggest problem is he's absolutely terrified of throwing a pick.  In the glory years he'd take chances.  He'd end the year with more than 2-3 interceptions but he'd also have 45 tds.  

32 minutes ago, Leader said:

What? AR has nothing to say (or do) about the content of the commercials he's in. Personally, I dont think this years commercials are as good as before - but mainly I attribute that to the inclusion of the "two Agents" and the generally weird / stilted conversations and vibe of the entire group. Just not good productions IMO - but they're commercials about insurance. Cant expect much.

Well then...you and I agree.  These commercial are not a good look for him.  However I can tell you from someone who is an agent for a well known NFL player that has several commercials, they do get to sign off on the commercial scripts.