Week 14 GDT: Packers vs Washington Redskins

squire12

2 hours ago, minnypackerfan said:

Because he's broken.  He is so into not turning the ball over that he now hesitates on almost every throw.  He is out of rhythm.  His lack of attention to detail is becoming clearer and clearer.  Getting better wide receivers will not fix this problem.  Remember at the start of the year and Rodgers and LeFleur talked about breaking the huddle and getting to the line of scrimmage faster.  Look at yesterdays game....we rarely broke the huddle with more than 15 seconds left on it.  Almost no quick snaps...no urgency.  So, is that on the coach or Rodgers or both cause its not happening. 

I’m half joking with this comment (I think) but would anyone put it past Rodgers to purposefully wait to break the huddle until after 20 seconds on the playclock so the radio shuts off and he can adjust against the defense himself?

Lafleur talked about tempo from day 1 and we’re towards the bottom in pace. 

Edited by TheBitzMan

3 hours ago, minnypackerfan said:

I'll also add this....anyone notice the change in tone of State Farm's commercials this year with Rodgers.  They started off a couple of years ago kind of light and funny with Clay Matthews.  Now the commercials make him look like he's stuck up...I'm smarter than you....I know better than you...you're a stupid fool.  Probably his agent....at least I hope it is.    

The commercials now are more about the goofball sports "agent" than Rodgers.  Most of the time AR just stands around rolling his eyes at the goofball.   Rodgers is laughing all the way to the bank but I'd like to know what fool thought these stupid ads were funny...

• Like 1

Color me stupid when it comes to advertising. I always thought the idea of paying someone big bucks to push your product was wasted money. Is there really a return on the investment of naming rights ? I wonder if there is a way of actually tracking that stuff. All that being said, I thought the McConaughey ads seemed pretty smart for Lincoln. I could be totally wrong

29 minutes ago, Pugger said:

The commercials now are more about the goofball sports "agent" than Rodgers.  Most of the time AR just stands around rolling his eyes at the goofball.   Rodgers is laughing all the way to the bank but I'd like to know what fool thought these stupid ads were funny...

The same fool that paired the risk-averse insurance sector with the most risk-averse football superstar on the planet. 

So, I just watched the All-22 and I owe Rodgers an apology.

This was not a great game from him, but it certainly wasn't a terrible game, and it's far from the worst game that he's played this year. Probably middle of the road.

That Washington defense played a very very very good game in coverage, and Kerrigan kicked Bulaga's *** before he went out with the injury. There were still a handful of junk plays from Rodgers, and a handful more where if he throws with anticipation, we're moving the chains, but there were very few instances where he was passing up wide-open receivers. And at this point, that's how low I've lowered the bar for him.

I also thought this was LaFleur's worst play-calling game by a long shot. We really weren't doing much to stress the Redskins zones and it showed.

• Like 2

Very concerned with  the play calling.  We are now 13 games into the season and it should be better than this. If I hear our head coach say good gotta clean it up one more time I'm going to explode.   Go back, watch tape and see what in the heck works and what doesn't.  If our offense doesn't pick it up in the next 3 games, I must admit I am a little bit concerned. 

Edited by coachbuns

12 hours ago, HighCalebR said:

Lazard was oppo rollout though right? If it's the right one that wouldve been near impossible to hit.

No, it was the one Ben Fennell breaks down, posted earlier on this thread. It was an easy 6, but instead of letting the ball fly, Aaron tried to run and got sacked. I can't imagine what was going through his head. 

13 minutes ago, Mr. Fussnputz said:

No, it was the one Ben Fennell breaks down, posted earlier on this thread. It was an easy 6, but instead of letting the ball fly, Aaron tried to run and got sacked. I can't imagine what was going through his head. 

I actually watched that play now that the All-22 came out. 

I'm not putting that on Rodgers. He was under pressure. I'll post the stills. 

Just now, Fl0nkerton said:

Okay, so alleged GOAT can't adjust?  Aaron clearly saw what happened and made the throw.  His deep accuracy is horse****.  Not only that, but it doesn't really look like he had to make the throw that early.  If he did, why can't he lob it up?  Jones had an easy TD there if Rodgers just puts a little more air under the ball. 

6 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Okay, so alleged GOAT can't adjust?  Aaron clearly saw what happened and made the throw.  His deep accuracy is horse****.  Not only that, but it doesn't really look like he had to make the throw that early.  If he did, why can't he lob it up?  Jones had an easy TD there if Rodgers just puts a little more air under the ball. 

I wont knock him throwing it early, def could of adjusted the throw though.