Week 14 GDT: Packers vs Washington Redskins

squire12

1 minute ago, cannondale said:

I've stayed clear of the Rodgers debate. What little I have said has been on the side of Rodgers. I still say going from Jennings, Nelson, Jones, Driver, Finley to Adams, Tom, Dich, and Harry is no easy task. Rodgers is screwed either way.

Thanks for the work.

Curious your thoughts on this one. I've already said this was not Rodgers worst game by any stretch of the imagination, nor do I think he really even had a bad game. Truthfully I think this was a decent enough game.

Cjg4Ggo.png

Davante's doubled. You've got 1v2 to the bottom of the screen and 3v3 to the top of the screen. I know where I'm looking.

CUXEeP8.png

It's just rough to see Kumerow this open when that's the look you're getting.

I don't even need the in-route here. What's Kumerow got to do to get a bubble screen here?

13 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Curious your thoughts on this one. I've already said this was not Rodgers worst game by any stretch of the imagination, nor do I think he really even had a bad game. Truthfully I think this was a decent enough game.

Davante's doubled. You've got 1v2 to the bottom of the screen and 3v3 to the top of the screen. I know where I'm looking.

I don't even need the in-route here. What's Kumerow got to do to get a bubble screen here?

I literally LOL'd because I'm not shocked at all Rodgers looked to Adams. Again, I don't know the play call or the reads, but I can't blame Rodgers if he likes his chances hitting Adams in stride at the 16 or so along the sidelines, especially if the CB was playing tight, which would be an easy win for Adams. Again it looks like the ball would already have to be out. Rodgers may have been right as it looks like the CB jumped inside. Also don't know down and distance. Kumerow wouldn't make the sticks

Edited by cannondale

This is the one Fennel's on him about and I don't know if he gets this out in time. That Bulaga Kerrigan scrum is 600 lbs bearing down on him fast. I don't know if his release is fast enough that he's not getting interrupted as he's throwing this. I'm not really offended by this decision to tuck it. 

NFjGtyK.png

i5BvE03.png

2 minutes ago, cannondale said:

I literally LOL'd because I'm not shocked at all Rodgers looked to Adams. Again, I don't know the play call or the reads, but I can't blame Rodgers if he likes his chances hitting Adams in stride at the 16 or so along the sidelines, especially if the CB was playing tight, which would be an easy win for Adams. Again it looks like the ball would already have to be out

I totally get it, if you've got nothing else that's where you try and break the Cover-2, but you don't even really have anything good underneath to pull that CB down. 

I just don't like starring down the doubled Davante when you've got 3v3 on the other side. 

2 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

I totally get it, if you've got nothing else that's where you try and break the Cover-2, but you don't even really have anything good underneath to pull that CB down. 

I just don't like starring down the doubled Davante when you've got 3v3 on the other side. 

It's also a near side throw, which is something to consider. Again, back to the reads of the play call but Rodgers feet say Adams may have been the first read ?

8 minutes ago, cannondale said:

I literally LOL'd because I'm not shocked at all Rodgers looked to Adams. Again, I don't know the play call or the reads, but I can't blame Rodgers if he likes his chances hitting Adams in stride at the 16 or so along the sidelines, especially if the CB was playing tight, which would be an easy win for Adams. Again it looks like the ball would already have to be out. Rodgers may have been right as it looks like the CB jumped inside. Also don't know down and distance. Kumerow wouldn't make the sticks

I am pretty sure it was 1st and 10, a shade under 1 minute left in the second quarter.

Kumerow gets a few yards, makes for an easier field goal.  Instead, Rodgers fumbles.  Oh well.

1 minute ago, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

I am pretty sure it was 1st and 10, a shade under 1 minute left in the second quarter.

Kumerow gets a few yards, makes for an easier field goal.  Instead, Rodgers fumbles.  Oh well.

I noticed the down marker shortly after my post. I didn't know that was the fumble play. These freeze frames are a tough way to play judge and jury

Well there you go. If it's under a minute to go - depending on time outs - and if I'm on the near hash with a CB tight on Adams, that's where I'm going along the sidelines vs an in cutting Kumerow. Again - depends on the reads, but I can't find fault with Rodgers on that - other than getting the ball out. That's why playing picture pages is so hard because you only see a fraction of time without knowing the whole story.

Edited by cannondale

It looks to me like if he throws it as soon as Adams wins the outside release he could have dropped it in along the sideline before the safety comes down.  He holds it until Adams is clearly past the corner and by then the safety has come down far enough to threaten the throw.

Just seems late with the throw- if it comes out earlier at worst it is incomplete, likely Adams adjusts to the ball and gets it.

1 minute ago, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

It looks to me like if he throws it as soon as Adams wins the outside release he could have dropped it in along the sideline before the safety comes down.  He holds it until Adams is clearly past the corner and by then the safety has come down far enough to threaten the throw.

Just seems late with the throw- if it comes out earlier at worst it is incomplete, likely Adams adjusts to the ball and gets it.

Yep - which is weird because the risk is zero

1 hour ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Cjg4Ggo.png

CUXEeP8.png

Plenty of room to get that ball to Tae either way. If Rodgers isn't confident he can make that throw, we shouldn't have paid him.

11 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

This is the one Fennel's on him about and I don't know if he gets this out in time. That Bulaga Kerrigan scrum is 600 lbs bearing down on him fast. I don't know if his release is fast enough that he's not getting interrupted as he's throwing this. I'm not really offended by this decision to tuck it. 

NFjGtyK.png

i5BvE03.png

I can't recall - what was the down and distance?  Could AR run for the first down?