Week 14 GDT: Packers vs Washington Redskins

squire12

I have two disparate thoughts lingering from this game:

-I’m as happy as every one seems to be that Ervin got positive yardage, but a lot of those punts had lots of room, which the other returners have not had at all this season. Please don’t be surprised when we go back to negative yardage returns next week. 

-There was a run last week that I thought would be talked about more. Jones was running a stretch to the left, and there appeared (from the sidelines, so maybe it was just appearances) to be two defenders free and converging on him a couple yards past the LoS. He split those two mfers and ended up with more than 10 yards. It was really breathtaking. 

38 minutes ago, mikebpackfan said:

I have two disparate thoughts lingering from this game:

-I’m as happy as every one seems to be that Ervin got positive yardage, but a lot of those punts had lots of room, which the other returners have not had at all this season. Please don’t be surprised when we go back to negative yardage returns next week. 

-There was a run last week that I thought would be talked about more. Jones was running a stretch to the left, and there appeared (from the sidelines, so maybe it was just appearances) to be two defenders free and converging on him a couple yards past the LoS. He split those two mfers and ended up with more than 10 yards. It was really breathtaking. 

I've really grown to admire Jones this year.  He doesn't run.  He glides.  He bounces outside and angles just disappear.  I find many of his runs breathtaking just because he's making some really tough runs look easy.  Yah, he's special in that regard.  We are lucky to have him.  And we are using him extremely well and not wearing him out.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Man, it's hard not to like Z .. that guy brings on nearly every play.  He's all world when it comes to determination.  He was just what the Packers needed .. great free agent signing.

There is a lot of disbelief that the Packers are 10-3 even among the Green and Gold faithful. 

That is understandable given how the offense has sputtered and how the defense has allowed big passing plays on the back and has been gashed up the middle against the run for much of this season.

However, one undeniable improvement has been the play at outside linebacker. Z, and to a lesser extent P. Smith, have utterly transformed a position of continued weakness and turned it into a strength.

Z has also displayed GENUINE leadership and fire (on and off the field) that has been sadly missing since Woodson left.

Z really is a great player for the Pack and yes a much needed free agent signing after all the draft pick flops on the defensive side of the ball.

58 minutes ago, TheOnlyThing said:

There is a lot of disbelief that the Packers are 10-3 even among the Green and Gold faithful. 

That is understandable given how the offense has sputtered and how the defense has allowed big passing plays on the back and has been gashed up the middle against the run for much of this season.

However, one undeniable improvement has been the play at outside linebacker. Z, and to a lesser extent P. Smith, have utterly transformed a position of continued weakness and turned it into a strength.

Z has also displayed GENUINE leadership and fire (on and off the field) that has been sadly missing since Woodson left.

Z really is a great player for the Pack and yes a much needed free agent signing after all the draft pick flops on the defensive side of the ball.

Totally agree, but throw a little more love Preston's way.  He drops into coverage, sets a very mean and strong edge and is very effective as a rusher, as evidenced by his 11.5 sacks compared to Z's 10.   Preston's PFF score is lower, but Z has 100 more pass rush snaps than Preston.

Preston has been that all around EDGE that you just love to have.  Drop and cover, rush...he does it all.  

Both have been excellent!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TheOnlyThing said:

hopefully Gute can stack a couple successful offseasons like this last one  

• Like 1