Week 14 GDT: Who Cares. We suck. Life has no purpose

EaglesPeteC

19 minutes ago, nlesthought said:

I fully expect Dan Orvlosky or whatever to be on MNF next year. 

I hate saying this...but there's only 1 Romo. (yuck, I need a shower.)

I'm pretty sure Booger and co aren't getting enough info during the production meetings leading up to the live presentation.  

Them hiring Booger honestly just reeks of going cheap to save a few bucks.

2 hours ago, Jroc04 said:

Maybe not directly at you but the comments before we’re about him being a bust or something. Not staying Barnett isn’t or is a bust but his not playing has nothing to do with his bust status. He’s performed enough to warrant no bust status. But he’s certainly not setting the world on fire by any stretch. I do expect more from a 1st rounder. But he’s not been a detriment. 

He's basically the player they hoped he replace, a Young T-Rex. He too started off his career hobbled, knicked up, and injured for most of his first 3 seasons.

Injury tends to derail Rookies having impact. Barnett is no different. Eagles just seem to draft a lot of these "Unlucky" type players.

11 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

He's basically the player they hoped he replace, a Young T-Rex. He too started off his career hobbled, knicked up, and injured for most of his first 3 seasons.

Injury tends to derail Rookies having impact. Barnett is no different. Eagles just seem to draft a lot of these "Unlucky" type players.

Fact is it's his 3rd year and he's producing like a 4th or 5th round player. On top of that he still makes more boneheaded penalties than almost any DLineman I've ever seen.

1 hour ago, Danger said:
1 hour ago, Nabbs4u said:

Fact is it's his 3rd year and he's producing like a 4th or 5th round player. On top of that he still makes more boneheaded penalties than almost any DLineman I've ever seen.

First 3 seasons

Graham: 32 gms, 16 starts, 8.5 sacks, 4FFB, 56 tackles

DB: 33 gms, 18 starts, 12 sacks, 3FFB,  64 tackles.

Both missed most of their 2nd season with significant injuries. BG was a bust too by the masses!

Edited by Nabbs4u
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, nlesthought said:

I fully expect Dan Orvlosky or whatever to be on MNF next year. 

I hate saying this...but there's only 1 Romo. (yuck, I need a shower.)

I'm pretty sure Booger and co aren't getting enough info during the production meetings leading up to the live presentation.  

I think Orlosky is the best new young football analyst on television. He needs to be calling the premier games every week.

54 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

First 3 seasons

Graham: 32 gms, 16 starts, 8.5 sacks, 4FFB, 56 tackles

DB: 33 gms, 18 starts, 12 sacks, 3FFB,  64 tackles.

Both missed most of their 2nd season with significant injuries. BG was a bust too by the masses!

If Graham is the ceiling for Barnett, yuck. We really can´t evaluate and develop pass rushers to save our lives. 

3 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

If Graham is the ceiling for Barnett, yuck. We really can´t evaluate and develop pass rushers to save our lives. 

Who said ceiling? While Graham hasn't become a HOF, he has been one of the more consistent  "all around" DE the past decade. Some are just obsessed with the "Sack" as the tell tell sign for greatness. 

6 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Who said ceiling? While Graham hasn't become a HOF, he has been one of the more consistent  "all around" DE the past decade. Some are just obsessed with the "Sack" as the tell tell sign for greatness. 

I´m not saying that´s what you mean, but I wouldn´t like us to have a DE who struggles to sack the QB as our primary pass rusher yet again. We could do much worse, but also we should be doing better at addressing the area by now. 

Barnett is certainly not a bust... Guy is going to have a long career in the NFL as long as he remains healthy. The issue is when he was drafted he was supposed to be an NFL ready guy whose athleticism was a bit limited, but had massive college production. He just hasn't been as good as expected early in his career. You can do a lot worse than Brandon Graham and Derek Barnett, but you can also do a lot better.

1 hour ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Barnett is certainly not a bust... Guy is going to have a long career in the NFL as long as he remains healthy. The issue is when he was drafted he was supposed to be an NFL ready guy whose athleticism was a bit limited, but had massive college production. He just hasn't been as good as expected early in his career. You can do a lot worse than Brandon Graham and Derek Barnett, but you can also do a lot better.

Yeah it’s similar with Alshon and JJ

We are gonna have this weird double down period, They weren’t planning on keeping BG around. 

Hope is that these guys fill in and we get different player types elsewhere and they both are the necessary cog players on offense and defense. That ley speed wideouts do their thing or less strong but faster edges do theirs.