Week 14 GDT: Who Cares. We suck. Life has no purpose

EaglesPeteC

26 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

I'm still not sure how to feel about playing Eli. On one hand, it'd suck to get torn up by Jones and see Giants fans get confident about him, whereas when Eli shreds us it won't really change anything since he's done regardless... However, blowing an opportunity to send Eli to a career <.500 mark will really hurt.

I see it as a win-win

We win, his mediocrity is forever etched in history. Eagles are on top in the all-time matchups...which also speaks to how bad they have been besides the back half of those two seasons under Eli. Cause we were way behind.

We lose, the Giants move down in the draft...maybe miss out of Chase Young. For us we are out of the playoffs and can just tank and get a top 12 pick. Get  CeeDee/Jeudy/a corner. And fire everyone pretty much and get better faster.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Kiltman said:

I see it as a win-win

We win, his mediocrity is forever etched in history. Eagles are on top in the all-time matchups...which also speaks to how bad they have been besides the back half of those two seasons under Eli. Cause we were way behind.

We lose, the Giants move down in the draft...maybe miss out of Chase Young. For us we are out of the playoffs and can just tank and get a top 12 pick. Get  CeeDee/Jeudy/a corner. And fire everyone pretty much and get better faster.

Image result for i like the way you think gif

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Kiltman said:

I see it as a win-win

Or we could win a few more games and make the playoffs at 7-9... er 9-7. I mean no on wants the 4th seed. Shoot the skins could still win the division. 

I personally wanna see F#@% relevant playoff football. Even if it is a NFC west wildcard slaughter. 

Go Birds

MC

51 minutes ago, Mastercheddaar said:

Or we could win a few more games and make the playoffs at 7-9... er 9-7. I mean no on wants the 4th seed. Shoot the skins could still win the division. 

I personally wanna see F#@% relevant playoff football. Even if it is a NFC west wildcard slaughter. 

Go Birds

MC

giphy.gif

I’m never not going to want the playoffs. Too much can happen in the NFL on a whim. Defense had been playing a lot better outside of that disaster in Miami. A lot of teams struggle in Miami. Line setters consistently put the away team at a disadvantage because of how much visiting teams party when they are there across every sport. Howard and D-Jax get healthy and we may be able to hang with some teams. Getting a green Jimmy G at the Linc in the cold winter against a playoff tested team may be just what could propel a team in the 1st round. We win the next two, we we’ll be frothing at the mouth for Dallas.

This has been your weekly encouraging post. Previous statement may or may not be based in realty whatsoever. Believe at your own risk. 

But really, still have a shot so let’s run it out. I only get so many NFL seasons. I’m not wishing one away for the potential to move up 5 draft picks. 

• Like 4

I’m with @Jroc04 here. I’m not going to go out of my way to insistently consume Eagles content (because they’re boring and they stink), but I’ll definitely tune into the games and root for them to win. Playoff football is absolutely electric - would we get shat on in the first round? Probably. But it’s better then nothing. Wentz needs the playoff experience as well.

I have a funny feeling that they’d upset a team in the first round at the Linc anyways. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, RBreezy said:

I’m with @Jroc04 here. I’m not going to go out of my way to insistently consume Eagles content (because they’re boring and they stink), but I’ll definitely tune into the games and root for them to win. Playoff football is absolutely electric - would we get shat on in the first round? Probably. But it’s better then nothing. Wentz needs the playoff experience as well.

I have a funny feeling that they’d upset a team in the first round at the Linc anyways. 

Let’s just hope they don’t run into that powerhouse Dolphins’ team again in the playoffs....