Week 14 Games

Leader

Favorites List 14.0

Green Bay (H) over Washington  -  (GB continues its path to the Playoffs)
Dallas over Chicago (H)  -  (Loser of 2 straight beats the winner of 2 straight....actually, thats not what happened)
Atlanta (H) over Carolina  -  (Loser of 2 straight beats the loser of 4 straight. I think)
Baltimore over Buffalo (H)  -  (Letdown / trap game? Maybe...but ultimately dont think so)
Cleveland (H) over Cincinnati  -  (Why do I even think CIN has a shot...or wants a shot?)
New York Jets (H) over Miami  -  (It should be cold...and the NYJs will need every freezing degree)
Tampa Bay (H) over Indianapolis  -  (INDY sees their Playoff chances disappear)
Houston (H) over Denver  -  (HOU cant afford losses to a bottom feeder)
Los Angeles Chargers over Jacksonville (H)  -  (At least JAX can expect a close game)
Tennessee over Oakland (H)  -  (Gruden fires the water boy after this loss)
Pittsburgh over Arizona (H)  -  (AZs lost 5 straight...could win here...might win here...but wont. I think)
Philadelphia (H) over New York Giants  -  (Can Philly put a whole game together?)

Special Interest Games:
Minnesota (H) over Detroit  -  (DET is done...or wants to be)
San Francisco over New Orleans (H)  -  (SF fights back for relevance)
Kansas City over New England (H)  -  (The barn starts burning in Foxboro)
Los Angeles Rams (H) over Seattle  -  (LARs are playing for their Playoff lives. Still might not be enough...but)

Playoff rankings:
New Orleans  (10+2)
Seattle (10+2)
Green Bay (9+3)
Dallas (6+6)
San Francisco (10+2)
Minnesota (8+4)

Week 13 record:  9 + 7
YTD:  112 + 73

Edited by Leader

8... EIGHT teams are still alive in the AFC playoff race.  The frickin Jets at 4-8 are still alive.  

In the NFC, only 6 teams are still alive in the hunt.  The Redskins are, but that’s only because that division is still up for grabs.

Trying to decide if I want the Bears hopes and dreams to die on Thursday or if I want them to get close and miss out.

24 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

8... EIGHT teams are still alive in the AFC playoff race.  The frickin Jets at 4-8 are still alive.  

In the NFC, only 6 teams are still alive in the hunt.  The Redskins are, but that’s only because that division is still up for grabs.

Trying to decide if I want the Bears hopes and dreams to die on Thursday or if I want them to get close and miss out.

Huh? Technically there are 10 teams in the NFC alive: the six @leader has listed plus, Ram, Iggles, Bears, Redskins as you mentioned due to their terrible division. 

7 minutes ago, Golfman said:

Huh? Technically there are 10 teams in the NFC alive: the six @leader has listed plus, Ram, Iggles, Bears, Redskins as you mentioned due to their terrible division. 

I’m excluding the teams that would be in if the season ended today.  So there are 14 in the AFC, 12 in the NFC.  

I’m just amazed at how many bad teams have a semi-realistic shot at a wild card in the AFC.

• Like 1

So many crap teams in the league now, and in the recent past.  Let’s analyze teams that are almost unwatchable on most weekends:

Washington. 
Atlanta. 
Cincinnati.  
Tampa Bay.   
Jacksonville.  
Miami.   
Arizona    
Tennessee.  
NY Jets.  
NY Giants.   
LA Chargers.  
Detroit

A case can even be made for Cleveland and Pittsburgh, frankly.  Some of the above have been historically bad for so long that when I hear their name, I just cringe.  Just a lot of crap teams in this league.  Hoping GB continues its relative top ten dominance for as long as possible.

3 minutes ago, Leader said:

So....what are we gonna see tonight?

Is Chicago's season gonna rise from the ashes?
Or is Dallas's season gonna disappear into the flames?

Dallas only really has to beat Philly and win one more game. The Bears are toast already. I think the Cowboys roll them.

On 12/3/2019 at 9:06 PM, Sasquatch said:

So many crap teams in the league now, and in the recent past.  Let’s analyze teams that are almost unwatchable on most weekends:

Washington. 
Atlanta. 
Cincinnati.  
Tampa Bay.   
Jacksonville.  
Miami.   
Arizona    
Tennessee.  
NY Jets.  
NY Giants.   
LA Chargers.  
Detroit

A case can even be made for Cleveland and Pittsburgh, frankly.  Some of the above have been historically bad for so long that when I hear their name, I just cringe.  Just a lot of crap teams in this league.  Hoping GB continues its relative top ten dominance for as long as possible.

I'll agree to all but one. The "IDGAF" Dolphins are pretty fun to watch

11 minutes ago, Golfman said:

Dallas only really has to beat Philly and win one more game. The Bears are toast already. I think the Cowboys roll them.

Could be. One could argue it should be.
But, both teams are on the cusp.......

A CHI win puts them a game behind MN (who they've beaten once already and play again week 17)
A DAL loss puts Philly back in play for the NFCE.

20 hours ago, snackattack said:

This is our only shot at getting a first round bye at this point right? Assuming saints win out beyond this game.

The Titans could give the Saints a game. Saints generally struggle against real physical teams. Titans play pretty physical football. Another reason why I think the Niners will beat them Sunday.