How does this affect Cam?

EvilenFroggen

So it seems most people on here already figured Cam was gone. To the Bears, to the Bucs, wherever. I did not think this. Assuming you thought like I did, what do you think now?

Say Hurney’s gone too and we get a complete regime change with a killer new coach. Like Chan Gailey. Does he go with the returning Cam or does Chan the Man want his own guy?

2 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

well i speculate some hires may want to keep him and some may not want to

Well, let’s say we get my first choice Gailey. Does he want to see what he has in Cam and maybe appease the owner and his fan base, or does my man Chan want to pull a Kingsbury and get his own guy?

Well, this questions depends on other questions. 

A) What's the alternative to Cam for the Panthers for next year? It's not Kyle Allen. Are you swapping Cam for Dalton or Mariota or Foles? That doesn't seem ideal if you're trying to go for the playoffs. 

B) What's the direction of the franchise? Are they entering a rebuild or do they still think that they have a roster that can push for playoff contention? (Pretty sure it's the latter). 

If they have no interest in rebuilding, Cam will be back next year. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

who do you think the Panthers are in a position to target ?

I honestly have zero clue, hence the Gailey jokes. Heard on the radio tonight Tepper wants someone analytical and offensive, which sounds good to me. But I don’t know who that will be. 

Edited by DaveDX

5 minutes ago, Forge said:

A) What's the alternative to Cam for the Panthers for next year? It's not Kyle Allen. Are you swapping Cam for Dalton or Mariota or Foles? That doesn't seem ideal if you're trying to go for the playoffs. 

B) What's the direction of the franchise? Are they entering a rebuild or do they still think that they have a roster that can push for playoff contention? (Pretty sure it's the latter). 

It’s definitely the latter. The missing pieces are important, but they’re few. O-line, parts of the secondary. Everything else is strong. 

7 minutes ago, Forge said:

Teddy Bridgewater is an option. Who knows what happens with Alex Smith as well. Wouldn’t rule either out as potential stop gaps. In Teddy’s Case, he’s young enough where Carolina may not need to take a young QB right away.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, vikingsrule said:

Teddy Bridgewater is an option. Who knows what happens with Alex Smith as well. Wouldn’t rule either out as potential stop gaps. In Teddy’s Case, he’s young enough where Carolina may not need to take a young QB right away.

That’s very interesting. Let CMC do his thing and hit Samuel and Moore on the intermediate routes and let them run.