How does this affect Cam?

EvilenFroggen

Let's see...

Pay a lot of money to Cam in his final year to see if he can play again and if not, jettison him and hope we get a high pick with our bad record.

Trade him for a crap haul and pray he sucks so that we don't look like idiots, then roll with Kyle Allen or pay a lot of money to a stopgap like Teddy or Foles or something. Or we could draft someone with our pick at ~10 which would be, uh... Jake Fromm? Justin Herbert? BLECH.

Personally I prefer the first option.

10 minutes ago, Zithers2 said:

Let's see...

Pay a lot of money to Cam in his final year to see if he can play again and if not, jettison him and hope we get a high pick with our bad record.

Trade him for a crap haul and pray he sucks so that we don't look like idiots, then roll with Kyle Allen or pay a lot of money to a stopgap like Teddy or Foles or something. Or we could draft someone with our pick at ~10 which would be, uh... Jake Fromm? Justin Herbert? BLECH.

Personally I prefer the first option.

In today’s market, we’re actually not paying him that much. So that makes option one better. Also, if we want to trade him, it’s because he’s hurt or not that good anymore. This is what I don’t get from the trade him folks. Who would pay that much for someone who isn’t good enough to be here?  I doubt anyone would. 

3 hours ago, sammymvpknight said:

He’s a running QB who can’t run anymore. Might as well be a RB who can’t run. 

Well, not exactly. 

When Vick couldn't run anymore, he passed. That year he came back to NFL with Eagles, he was damn good. Made me wonder why he didn't pass all along.
So I wonder if Cam can do likewise.