Cooley Film Review/Grades

turtle28

1 hour ago, Dashing202 said:

I mean I saw the game turtle like nobody on that OL did well even TW had his worst game as a redskins.

forget grading or what Cooley saids it was obvious on TV 

Ok, please tell me how many negative plays TWill & Scherff had because to my knowledge it was only a few from each of them. Lauvao & Long got beat a few times and were mostly average, it was Moses who had his worst game as a Redskin which is really disappointing and probably why they had Reed in blocking more which hurt the offense.

If it were me, I would have run more screens to Thompson and Crowder to slow down their pass rush, run some delays/draws and outside zone with Thompson to get the running game going and go quick game to all our WRs and Reed because the intermediate to downfield passes weren't working. We didn't adjust our gameplan much at half time, and we should have.

ok, here I found a play for you were Scherff did get beat by Cox but KC got the ball to Thompson fast and Thompson showed why he should be starting:

Breakdown of Scherff's battle against Fletcher Cox:

17 hours ago, turtle28 said:

TWill played Great, Scherff played Good, Long played average, Lauvao played below average and Moses played poor

While I haven't gone through each play like Cooley did, I would have dropped every single player's final one full letter grade. Yes, they're individuals but they have to operate as a unit to be effective. They didn't, and as such, they all fall down.

On 9/15/2017 at 7:08 PM, Woz said:

While I haven't gone through each play like Cooley did, I would have dropped every single player's final one full letter grade. Yes, they're individuals but they have to operate as a unit to be effective. They didn't, and as such, they all fall down.

I don't understand how you can do that if a player played like and A or a B player. Maybe a half a grade would be acceptable but not a full letter grade.

So:

TWill: A-

Scherff: B-

Long: C+

Lauvao: D+

Moses: D-

9 hours ago, turtle28 said:

I don't understand how you can do that if a player played like and A or a B player. Maybe a half a grade would be acceptable but not a full letter grade.

So:

TWill: A-

Scherff: B-

Long: C+

Lauvao: D+

Moses: D-

Each player's play depends on the other four men on the line. When you play as badly as they played, a full letter grade is deserved.

Archived