GDT: Week whatever

LETSGOBROWNIES

Who wins?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins on Sunday?

• Browns
    • Bungles (did ya see what I did there? hardy har har)
    • Carp
    • Horny
    • Kiwi
    • Any other Australian
    • People with plans on Sunday

Here we go boys, “must win” game number ..... ah who gives a damn.

hold-onto-your-butts.gif 

d9d61640-39f7-0133-9d49-0af7184f89fb.gif 

No, not like that! Like this....

giphy.gif 

Anyway, there’s my cheeky gifs for everyone.  Back to business at hand.

So what does this game mean?  What does it signify?  For me, this game should confirm what we all have known for a long time now, that our only chance at consistent, sustained success is to combine forces with our “rival” and become the feared and mythical Columbus Carp.

I mean, who wouldn’t want to have Christmas Ale and Gold Star (Skyline is for neckbeareds) on the same tailgate?

I say we petition the NFL to have both of the turd owners sell their franchise and we the fans all throw in $5 and buy it from them.  

From there we do what any reasonable Ohio football fan would do and give complete control to Jim Tressell AND Urban Meyer, because.... well because.

No more “mistake by the lake” (or mistakebythelak if you will)...

No more bumbling Mike Brown checking for change in the back seat of his rented Corolla.

No more truck stop Jimmy committing crimes and pretending to know what he’s doing.

No more forced trash talk with fans of a team as comical as ours.  

It’s a win-win that even lead to a few more wins come game day.

I’m in, who’s coming with me?

RemoteClearBeetle-size_restricted.gif

Gratuitous carp gif.

UniformDeterminedHawk-max-1mb.gif 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, theJ said:

Since the Browns eliminated me in Woz's eliminator pool, can i at least ask that that Browns take care of business here and keep the Bengals firmly in the driver's seat for the Joe Burrow pick?

They owe me.

If you’re asking for a loss that would allow you to also keep us from seeing Chase Young twice a year, I’m completely game for that.

31 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

If you’re asking for a loss that would allow you to also keep us from seeing Chase Young twice a year, I’m completely game for that.

A defensive end isn't going to help the Bengals.  Browns fans of all people should know this.

It's gotta be a QB.

EDIT: yes, that is what i'm asking for.

Edited by theJ
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, theJ said:

A defensive end isn't going to help the Bengals.  Browns fans of all people should know this.

It's gotta be a QB.

EDIT: yes, that is what i'm asking for.

Serious question:

If you could get Chase Young AND then trade back into the 1st to grab Tua, let him sit and get healthy all of 2020, and be your starter into 2021, would you do this? IMO that's best case scenario for you guys. I'm not a Herbert believer, and while I like all of Burrow's intangibles, I don't see anything from a tools perspective that WOWS you (not that it's a bad thing).

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Serious question:

If you could get Chase Young AND then trade back into the 1st to grab Tua, let him sit and get healthy all of 2020, and be your starter into 2021, would you do this? IMO that's best case scenario for you guys. I'm not a Herbert believer, and while I like all of Burrow's intangibles, I don't see anything from a tools perspective that WOWS you (not that it's a bad thing).

I have a better idea draft tua then hold the nfl hostage in a Goff like trade

4 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Serious question:

Sure, but the Bengals are never going to trade back up into the first.  It's just not something they were ever even consider doing.  They trade down, that's it.

A more likely scenario is that they'd trade down with Miami to get two firsts, take Tua or Herbert and another position later in the first.  I'd be ok with that.

I'd summarize it real simply as this: i'm ok with whatever scenario involves the Bengals taking a QB in this draft, as the starter. 

I'm not ok with any scenario that involves them taking a depth guy this year, or waiting until next year to take a QB.  I can't sign up for another year of crap-tastic play, without a promise that they'll be in position to take a QB.