Week 14 - News and Notes

WizardHawk

1 hour ago, WizardHawk said:

https://www.dallasnews.com/sports/cowboys/2019/12/04/troy-aikman-cowboys-list-of-issues-includes-a-front-office-that-hasnt-allowed-jason-garrett-to-do-his-job/

Some interesting comments from Aikman. Some of which have been mentioned here numerous times. 

Clearly taking a few jabs at 'ol Jerruh.

20 minutes ago, HDsportsfan said:

Clearly taking a few jabs at 'ol Jerruh.

Yeah, he is. 

4 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

Is he wrong?

No he isn't.

I think Gosselin commented that Jerry is the only owner in the league with a weekly presser breakdown of team. Jerry is essentially doing the HC job there.

3 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

https://www.dallasnews.com/sports/cowboys/2019/12/04/troy-aikman-cowboys-list-of-issues-includes-a-front-office-that-hasnt-allowed-jason-garrett-to-do-his-job/

Some interesting comments from Aikman. Some of which have been mentioned here numerous times. 

I think what Troy is referring to is Stephen I think starting to 2nd guess his decisions and where to go from here. We have seen support from Jerry but only from Jerry in the press while Stephen has been about tight lipped as JG usually is. Jerry who has not once 2nd guessed Jason in the media but we see contradictions from that same front office. 

I am wondering if Stephen is coming to blows with Jason and Jerry over the state of things. Cause keep in mind Jason also said that Linehan was sticking around for this year and not even a week after the FO came back and said everything is being evaluated and a little while later Linehan was gone. 

Jason said he ain't going out alone:

Appearing Friday morning on 105.3 The Fan in Dallas, the Cowboys head coach acknowledged that change may be coming at the kicker position after Maher missed another field goal on Thursday night in Chicago.

“Obviously, we have to do a close evaluation of it,” Garrett said, via Michael Gehlken of the Dallas Morning News. “We brought three kickers in earlier in the week. We decided to give Brett an opportunity this week. It didn’t work out. So we have to take a real close, hard look at that

4 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

Jason said he ain't going out alone:

Appearing Friday morning on 105.3 The Fan in Dallas, the Cowboys head coach acknowledged that change may be coming at the kicker position after Maher missed another field goal on Thursday night in Chicago.

“Obviously, we have to do a close evaluation of it,” Garrett said, via Michael Gehlken of the Dallas Morning News. “We brought three kickers in earlier in the week. We decided to give Brett an opportunity this week. It didn’t work out. So we have to take a real close, hard look at that

I seen this comment early this morning. The last sentence is just utter insanity. Now you have to take a real hard, close look?  Now? What the hell were you doing last week when Maher sucked? And, the week before that? Last month? 

Stuff like this makes it hard to not hope the team loses. At least a little bit.