Week 14 - News and Notes

WizardHawk

3 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

I seen this comment early this morning. The last sentence is just utter insanity. Now you have to take a real hard, close look?  Now? What the hell were you doing last week when Maher sucked? And, the week before that? Last month? 

Stuff like this makes it hard to not hope the team loses. At least a little bit. 

Garrett can't make an in month adjustment, let alone an in game adjustment

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, TheGame316 said:

Garrett can't make an in month adjustment, let alone an in game adjustment

We've been outscored in the first half this season by 5 points, yet outscored our opponents by 72 in the second half.

I think this season has been a much larger indictment on Garrett and staff's ability in the week leading up to a game rather than their ability to adjust during it.

I think there’s some organizations that truly would do everything possible to win, they just don’t really know where to begin. And there’s different ways to do it – and I certainly understand that – but in Dallas, Dallas knows how it was done. I know how it was done. It was done with a really strong head coach who the players knew that that’s who they had to answer to. And for some reason that model changed, and it hasn’t been very effective for a while.”- Troy Aikman

This is EXACTLY what I have been saying about it doesn't matter who our new HC is, JJ is calling the shots and screwing everything up.

So, I'll say it again, until that ol bastard dies, we be F-ed.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, DaBoys said:

Jason said he ain't going out alone:

Appearing Friday morning on 105.3 The Fan in Dallas, the Cowboys head coach acknowledged that change may be coming at the kicker position after Maher missed another field goal on Thursday night in Chicago.

“Obviously, we have to do a close evaluation of it,” Garrett said, via Michael Gehlken of the Dallas Morning News. “We brought three kickers in earlier in the week. We decided to give Brett an opportunity this week. It didn’t work out. So we have to take a real close, hard look at that

Until Jerry comes out and says "We're not looking at replacing Maher".

3 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

He already has given up all the responsibilities of a GM. Maybe he keeps the title, but he hasnt been a real GM in years. Just a mouthpiece. 

Not really... like Aikman said, Jerry assumes the role as face of the franchise.  He flaunts it every chance he gets.  Now, does it appear that he realized that he can’t draft for shiz and allowed others to have a bigger say in drafting?  Probably.  That being said, there is no ambiguity about whose in control of the franchise.  Players know it’s all about Jerry.  

• Like 2