QB Daniel Jones has high ankle sprain- Eli likely to return vs Eagles

Acgott

20 minutes ago, Go_Giants said:

Hate to see Eli go into the Hall of Fame with a losing regular season record.

Agreed. This feels like an absolute no win situation for Giants fans. You can't root against Eli (I'd hate to see his regular season record below .500) but I'd REALLY hate to deal with Chase Young on the Redskins for 10 years. 

Mara and Tisch will probably see Eli win a couple absolutely meaningless Dec games (losing Chase Young to the Dolphins or God forbid the Redskins), and decide the team is "close" and bring everyone back. Hell they'll probably even give Eli a raise. 

I say that half-jokingly. Mara gets way too much of a pass. He is not his father. 

14 minutes ago, NYGiantsman10 said:

say that half-jokingly. Mara gets way too much of a pass. He is not his father

I always find this comment funny. Were the Giants really that good under Wellington? I feel like we were pretty bad in the super bowl era until the super bowl.

25 minutes ago, Acgott said:

I always find this comment funny. Were the Giants really that good under Wellington? I feel like we were pretty bad in the super bowl era until the super bowl.

They were good when he handed over all football decisions to George Young. Younger Mara and Tisch need to have the same kind of come to Jesus moment, get out of making football decisions, and hand the power over to someone who knows what to do. They aren't explicitly involved, but you know Mara is pushing buttons behind the scenes. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, minutemancl said:

They were good when he handed over all football decisions to George Young. Younger Mara and Tisch need to have the same kind of come to Jesus moment, get out of making football decisions, and hand the power over to someone who knows what to do. They aren't explicitly involved, but you know Mara is pushing buttons behind the scenes. 

Is it just the Eli situation? I don’t think Mara wanted to trade OBJ

If Eli starts the rest of the season, I highly doubt we even win 1 game. I honestly believe we are going to lose to the dolphins and the way this defence is right now they'll make Dwayne Haskins look like Joe Montana 2.0 when we play the Redskins. I think Jones gave us the best shot to win in the last 10 games and I think Eli will remind us of why we put in Jones in the first place.

Edited by Giants4eva

Eli was good at getting the offense into the right plays. Saquon benefited a lot from that last year. There have been a few times this year where DJ should have checked out of a running play and didn't.  I think Saquon will have a few good games to end the year.