Offensive Struggles

Chiefer

53 minutes ago, onejayhawk said:

Plus, they have really emphasized the pass pro, to the detriment of run blocking. Now that we ahve our best people back in place, maybe we can get in synch again. 

J

They’re so finesse it’s awful. a wet piece of paper gets more push than these guys.

OL probably the biggest reason why this offense doesn’t execute properly.

can anybody pinpoint who needs to be replaced? The whole interior? Maybe a better Center fixes everything? 

Id love me some Tyler Biadasz in the first

14 hours ago, Chiefer said:

They’re so finesse it’s awful. a wet piece of paper gets more push than these guys.

OL probably the biggest reason why this offense doesn’t execute properly.

can anybody pinpoint who needs to be replaced? The whole interior? Maybe a better Center fixes everything? 

Id love me some Tyler Biadasz in the first

I think Rodney Hudson (at his best) at Center right now would help them a fricking lot.

6 hours ago, Chiefer said:

I still don’t understand why we didn’t re-sign him

$$$

It worked out excellently at the time. Morse was a very good replacement at a much lower cost.

They presumably thought they could do the same moving on from Morse. And I don't really blame them. The OL seemed fine down the stretch last year running some mix of Erving, Wylie, Reiter, and Morse in the middle, depending on who was healthy. No reason to think that a Wylie/Reiter/LDT interior would struggle based on last year's results. But LDT has been much worse than he was earlier in his career, Reiter has stepped back, and Erving had to fill for Fisher, which also made Wylie's job harder at LG. I honestly think our best combo right now would be to put Wis at either C or RG, but this coaching staff has always seemed big on trying to improve who we thought was the best 5 in preseason, rather than shuffle when we don't have to. For better or worse.

57 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

$$$

It worked out excellently at the time. Morse was a very good replacement at a much lower cost.

They presumably thought they could do the same moving on from Morse. And I don't really blame them. The OL seemed fine down the stretch last year running some mix of Erving, Wylie, Reiter, and Morse in the middle, depending on who was healthy. No reason to think that a Wylie/Reiter/LDT interior would struggle based on last year's results. But LDT has been much worse than he was earlier in his career, Reiter has stepped back, and Erving had to fill for Fisher, which also made Wylie's job harder at LG. I honestly think our best combo right now would be to put Wis at either C or RG, but this coaching staff has always seemed big on trying to improve who we thought was the best 5 in preseason, rather than shuffle when we don't have to. For better or worse.

I expect LDT to be back to norm next year.   He might be healthy,  but just seems like an injury he’ll need more than 1 offseason to regain full strength...   I say this with no factual evidence. 

4 hours ago, Jakuvious said:

$$$

He wasn’t near as good replacement though. Oft injured, no push in the run game, lacked leverage with that height, and he’d always twitch his head just before the snap.

Would’ve been cool if we’d kept Hudson, a perfect fit in Reid’s offense, and deployed Morse at LG(a position we’ve had a hole at since Brian Waters, could’ve had DeCastro sigh) But you know had to make room for other guys that Dorsey paid at the last minute. Knowing our luck Hudson would’ve got hurt right after the contract.

Wylie was at RG, Erving was struggling at LG, and Reiter played decently as a 3rd string, but unspectacularly and got beaten up against the Pats. LDT suffered a major injury, I remember reading a year recovery and that looks like case.