Week 14: Miami Dolphins vs NY Jets

Bobby816

We aren't a good team and bc of that there's no must wins. But for me this is a must win. To have already lost to Miami and to also lose to Cincy... this is a must win just for embarrassment sake. We lost to them in already letting them dominate us in the 2nd quarter of that game. Letting Fitz threw for 3 tds in that lone quarter. The bad news is our secondary isn't any better with Adams out, a bunch of no names at CB and an overrated Maye. Hard to not think we will let them score as much as they did last go around against us. We cant rush the passer and Parker, Gesicki and Williams just have more talent than us. Now to the positives... they should be able to run on us at all. They have a weak OL and are weak at RB. So we should drop 6-7 in coverage every down against them. Also the good is that we "should" be able to score on them. That being said we should have the 1st game and we only score 18 (only 1 offensive TD). We will need to score to win this game bc or banged up defense will give up points to them.

Once they started blitzing after our first drive score, it was dominance from their front 7 over our offensive line. First drive looked so easy I thought Sat would have a career day. We did however lose a TD on a very 50-50 review. That turned into a pick...basically set the tone for the rest of the game.

Sam is going to be under pressure. I think we’ll march down field first drive like we always seem to but it’s really the adjustments made after the opening script. 

On D we have to be able to generate pressure at least some or Fitzpatrick really will just embarrass us. Even if he’s relatively turnover prone, we don’t force turnovers and aside from Pooles puck 6, I don’t remember our last INT that was earn by either jumping the route or winning a ball battle. Things will have to go our way and if they don’t...I would say there is a 85% chance we finish 4-12.

Dolphins 27

Jets 24

I'll be looking for Darnold, Austin, Fatukasi, QW, and J.Jenkins. If Darnold continues growing and finishes with a good TD/INT ratio, it's going to boost his confidence as well as look good to potential free agents. I'm not stressing over winning or losing on this one. We've already lost to 2 teams that are tanking on purpose and now we'll be missing key players. Because of what next year's schedule will look like, I'm thinking about the offseason.