Week 14: Miami Dolphins vs NY Jets

Bobby816

The best job I'm seeing so far is Tomlin. No Bell, Connor, Brown, and barely had Juju this season and still in the wildcard spot. His only L's came from the patriots, Seahawks, 49ers, Ravens, and Browns. 4 of the are SB contenders. What he and Shan are doing is amazing. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

The best job I'm seeing so far is Tomlin. No Bell, Connor, Brown, and barely had Juju this season and still in the wildcard spot. His only L's came from the patriots, Seahawks, 49ers, Ravens, and Browns. 4 of the are SB contenders. What he and Shan are doing is amazing. 

Your are right, for all the heat Tomlin has taken over the years, he has done a great job this year.

• Like 1

Well with the Ravens, Steelers, and Bills remaining... that's almost certainly our last W for the season. Not exactly going out in style, but I'll take it. Allowing 0 TDs with no Jamal Adams, no C.J. Mosley (I know he's been out forever but it still sucks), and a bunch of nobodies at CB. That's impressive stuff.

5 wins in a season with our best or second-best defensive player basically out all season, our QB going down with mono, and us having absolutely no offensive line. Could have been worse. As much as it often didn't feel that way.

13 hours ago, TheChad said:

5 wins in a season with our best or second-best defensive player basically out all season, our QB going down with mono, and us having absolutely no offensive line. Could have been worse. As much as it often didn't feel that way.

We won 5 games last year without Mosley, the same OL, our QB missing the same amount of time and a significantly more difficult schedule. 

Could it have really been much worse?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, NJC33 said:

We won 5 games last year without Mosley, the same OL, our QB missing the same amount of time and a significantly more difficult schedule. 

Could it have really been much worse?

Only 4 wins last season. So we have (technically) improved with the coaching change. At one point, I was legitimately scared that we weren't going to win a single game this season. Now, if we somehow pull a win out of the last 3 games, we'll have our best record since the 2015 Fitz-Marshall-Decker year.

Honestly though, the last two years aren't particularly dissimilar. As you said, the schedule was kinder this year.

4 hours ago, TheChad said:

Only 4 wins last season. So we have (technically) improved with the coaching change. At one point, I was legitimately scared that we weren't going to win a single game this season. Now, if we somehow pull a win out of the last 3 games, we'll have our best record since the 2015 Fitz-Marshall-Decker year.

Honestly though, the last two years aren't particularly dissimilar. As you said, the schedule was kinder this year.

We’ve basically had a cupcake schedule though and played the worst division in football in the NFC. We aren’t better. We’ve had Miami twice and the Bengals on our schedule and lost 2 out of 3. The next three are going to be a blood bath. 

• Like 1

You really can't say if it was a good or bad year. I have to give it an incomplete. You had to many injuries with a new head coach and a GM that got fried AFTER the draft. This season ws heading for a bad run. I do think the Pats are in big trouble and I NEVER say that. This is the time of year where they turn it on and they can't. Brady looks his age. I just don't see Tom coming back which will open those games up too. Things are changing really fast in the AFC east. 

47 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

You really can't say if it was a good or bad year. I have to give it an incomplete. You had to many injuries with a new head coach and a GM that got fried AFTER the draft. This season ws heading for a bad run. I do think the Pats are in big trouble and I NEVER say that. This is the time of year where they turn it on and they can't. Brady looks his age. I just don't see Tom coming back which will open those games up too. Things are changing really fast in the AFC east. 

This is exactly what Christopher Johnson is going to say after the season when he once again states that there is no playoff mandate.