BrownLeader 2020 Positional Rankings

BrownLeader

Greetings! Sharing rankings again for your scrutiny. I'm trying to get eyes on as many guys as I can so if there's someone I've missed or if you think I'm just too low/high on a guy, or you just feel like talking sh#t, let me know. previous FF links 2019Pick a Bust 2019 | 2018: | 2017 | 2016.  ...and all my draft stuff ...@ TALKDRAFT.NET 

3/6/20

Screenshot-2020-03-07-WR-talkdraft-11.pnScreenshot-2020-03-06-RB-talkdraft.pngScreenshot-2020-03-07-WR-talkdraft.pngScreenshot-2020-03-07-WR-talkdraft-1.pngScreenshot-2020-03-06-TE-talkdraft.pngScreenshot-2020-03-07-OT-talkdraft.pngScreenshot-2020-03-06-OG-talkdraft.pngScreenshot-2020-03-07-WR-talkdraft-12.pnScreenshot-2020-03-07-DE-talkdraft.pngScreenshot-2020-03-06-OC-talkdraft-1.pngScreenshot-2020-03-06-OC-talkdraft-2.pngScreenshot-2020-03-07-ILB-talkdraft.pngScreenshot-2020-03-07-WR-talkdraft-10.pnScreenshot-2020-03-07-WR-talkdraft-13.pnScreenshot-2020-03-07-S-talkdraft-1.pngScreenshot-2020-03-07-WR-talkdraft-2.pngScreenshot-2020-03-07-WR-talkdraft-3.pngScreenshot-2020-03-07-WR-talkdraft-4.pngScreenshot-2020-03-07-WR-talkdraft-5.png

Screenshot-2020-03-07-WR-talkdraft-6.pngScreenshot-2020-03-07-WR-talkdraft-7.pngScreenshot-2020-03-07-WR-talkdraft-8.pngScreenshot-2020-03-07-WR-talkdraft-9.png

Edited by BrownLeader
  • Like 2

No Damon Arnette / Shaun Wade in your CB rankings?

I know Okudah gets all of the love for them (and deservedly so) but in my eyes Arnette has been their best CB all season long coverage wise. I can't think of more than 3 balls that have been completed on him. Good size, very good in run support, sticky coverage, and the dude just plays hard with a ton of confidence. He's also played with a broken hand all season. He's a 2nd rounder all day IMO. 

Keeping with Ohio State... where is Davon Hamilton? He has been a monster at NT all season and I don't think he's making it out of the top 3 rounds. Same thing with Jonah Jackson and Wyatt Davis (redshirt sophomore) at guard. C Josh Myers and those 2 guys make up what might be the best interior OL in the country. 

Edited by BRANDON26841X
  • Like 2

FYI from what I have heard Pat Freiermuth is coming back to school and so is Cole Kmet.   I know it is crazy, I had them both the top two TEs as well, Freiermuth is a big surprise he is returning because he would have been the best TE this year no question, but will be potentially the best in 2021.

With how he has played this year could make the case JK Dobbins in the best back in the draft.  He has been so complete this year catching the football, running with speed and power and blocking.  Kid has been amazing this year and worst is the 2nd best RB in the draft I feel.  

• Like 2

In your CB rankings how do account for outside v slot corner? For instance if you think someone will be a great slot guy but terrible on the outside would you rank him highly (on the basis that nickel defense is really the new base with 3 WR sets the most common) or low (on the basis that outside guys are where the best play)?

37 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

FYI from what I have heard Pat Freiermuth is coming back to school and so is Cole Kmet.   I know it is crazy, I had them both the top two TEs as well, Freiermuth is a big surprise he is returning because he would have been the best TE this year no question, but will be potentially the best in 2021.

With how he has played this year could make the case JK Dobbins in the best back in the draft.  He has been so complete this year catching the football, running with speed and power and blocking.  Kid has been amazing this year and worst is the 2nd best RB in the draft I feel.  

Freiermuth is going back to school next year.

Also, BrownLeader buddy, you're sleeping on YGM. 

A few other things, Jake Bentley is transferring to another school and is in the portal is not in the draft this year.  D'Eriq King is coming back for another season at Houston after taking a RS year this season.  Ian Book is a RS JR I believe and I doubt he declares along with many of the other QBs you have listed.

Eichenberg on Notre Dame is returning to school for another year I believe also.  And Nate Herbig was in the draft last year and is on the Eagles I believe.

Marlon Davidson is missing in your 3/4 DE rankings and overall DT rankings.  Kid is probably going to be a 2nd round pick and at times has been as good as his teammate Brown.  Zach Baun and Josh Uche are missing in the 3/4 OLB rankings, both can really get after the QB and are probably high end 2nd round or low end 4th round picks at worst.  And Amik Robertson, Camryn Bynum and Essang Bassey are missing from the CB rankings I feel, Robertson and Bynum for sure can flat out play.

Okudah being that high I have a hard time believing that.  Outside of this past season he has just been average at best.  And this year arguably a lot of that success is because of the pass rush he plays with and the constant pressure Young can get on the QB makes playing DB a lot easier.  Even the games Young was out other guys stepped up and they are surprisingly deep on the DL considering all the players they have lost and the LB core is as solid as any team in the nation arguably.  Orr is way to low in the ILB rankings, kid has been a terror as a pass rusher this year and is probably a 2nd round pick if not a 3rd, same with Weaver that kid is legit and could play in a 3/4 OLB position if a team wanted him to, he can hold the point of attack well and is clearly a tackling machine who knows the game and plays with great passion.  

Isaiah Simmons you underrated big time, he is a top 5 player I feel.  Is the best LB in the draft and arguably could play safety in the NFL if asked also.  Heck is technically a safety right now on Clemson and is making plays all over the field.  His athletic ability is off the charts and kid can flat our run and has real size and strength.  

I would be shocked if AJ Dillion is a 1st round pick, love him as a back but I could see him dropping to the 2nd or 3rd round.  Especially with such a deep RB class coming up.  I would be even more shocked if Chassion was a 1st round pick with his injuries, Brandon Jones who has just been ok as a starter if that.  Ford I love on Pitt but kid is too young and should really return to school, is a little wild at times.  Myles Bryant I like a lot but not sure he is a safety physically, is more a slot corner to me and Surratt could be a big time player next year but not sure he is ready to make the jump to the league after just one good season.  

If you have watched all of these players play and ranked them according to what you have seen, good for you because few around actually do that and have a indepth list beyond just a few top guys.

Edited by Ozzy
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Zach Moss is right there as well as far as a complete back. In fact, huge fan of Moss since I first saw him but he's just routinely dinged up. I feel like he'll either be a big steal or remain injury prone as a pro. Dobbins just strikes me as a solid, versatile power back but not really explosive. I get a Royce Freeman/Carlos Hyde/Jordan Howard vibe from him.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, mse326 said:

In your CB rankings how do account for outside v slot corner? For instance if you think someone will be a great slot guy but terrible on the outside would you rank him highly (on the basis that nickel defense is really the new base with 3 WR sets the most common) or low (on the basis that outside guys are where the best play)?

Idk there are too many examples of great slot CBs that are just terrible lined up elsewhere. I just lump them all in and sort them based on who I think will make the most impact, wherever they play.

4 minutes ago, BrownLeader said:

Idk there are too many examples of great slot CBs that are just terrible lined up elsewhere. I just lump them all in and sort them based on who I think will make the most impact, wherever they play.

What are your feelings on Amik Robertson? I think he'll make a great slot, but I don't see him outside at all.

• Like 1