BrownLeader 2020 Positional Rankings

BrownLeader

On 12/12/2019 at 6:42 PM, Counselor said:

I don’t get how Delpit is your number one safety but the third safety on your big board?

Just a mistake.

On 12/12/2019 at 6:48 PM, VanS said:

Daniel Bituli reminds me of Darius Leonard physically.  I think he has star potential in the NFL.

Nigel Warrior reminds me of Carnell Lake.  He can be a really good box safety similar to Jamal Adams.

Bituli's a slow, clunky, strong guy that either rushes on passing downs or comes off the field. He's a Brandon Spikes type throwback that I figure will be an UDFA.

Lake was a LB sized safety with freakish athletic ability. He even played CB at times. Warrior looks like an undersized center fielder to me that'll need to show up well in athletic testing to really move up boards.

Couple guys I was way too low on..

LB Evan Weaver

A monster. A lot faster than I gave him credit for. He's high and a little stiff but still changes direction really well, has a great first step and a forever motor. 1st round LB imo and ILB #1.

CB Cameron Dantzler

Length, speed, physicality and pretty good technique. Has Sherman-esque traits.

..and I guy I think is pretty overrated:

LB Willie Gay Jr

Great speed but that's basically it. Similar to Mack Wilson but I liked Mack better. Upside will get him drafted pretty high but a massive project.

2 hours ago, BrownLeader said:

Couple guys I was way too low on..

LB Evan Weaver

A monster. A lot faster than I gave him credit for. He's high and a little stiff but still changes direction really well, has a great first step and a forever motor. 1st round LB imo and ILB #1.

CB Cameron Dantzler

Length, speed, physicality and pretty good technique. Has Sherman-esque traits.

..and I guy I think is pretty overrated:

LB Willie Gay Jr

Great speed but that's basically it. Similar to Mack Wilson but I liked Mack better. Upside will get him drafted pretty high but a massive project.

Are you like back logging everything now that the regular season is over and first addressing yourself with these players this season?  Willie Gay Jr got injured this year and played only 4 games early then his season was done.  NFL prospect I agree but would be surprised to see him come out for the draft after a sub par/injured year.  No way he is as good as Mack Wilson was for Alabama, he benefited a lot last season off the great DL talent infront of him and clearly that entire unit struggled this year compared to last.  Erroll Thompson was the ILB for that team that stood out this year.  

I agree with Dantzler, liked him last year and was solid this year.  Should be a good mid round pick and got to love that length and agility for his size, little thin but is a willing tackler.

Weaver I loved last year and was even better this year with less talent around him. All over the field making plays, could play ILB but I think could play 3/4 OLB if asked to because he can tack contact and is a decent pass rusher when asked.    Has a tough mentality and plays the game with passion which is very important.  

On 12/15/2019 at 1:52 PM, Ozzy said:

Are you like back logging everything now that the regular season is over and first addressing yourself with these players this season?  Willie Gay Jr got injured this year and played only 4 games early then his season was done.  NFL prospect I agree but would be surprised to see him come out for the draft after a sub par/injured year.  No way he is as good as Mack Wilson was for Alabama, he benefited a lot last season off the great DL talent infront of him and clearly that entire unit struggled this year compared to last.  Erroll Thompson was the ILB for that team that stood out this year.  

I agree with Dantzler, liked him last year and was solid this year.  Should be a good mid round pick and got to love that length and agility for his size, little thin but is a willing tackler.

Weaver I loved last year and was even better this year with less talent around him. All over the field making plays, could play ILB but I think could play 3/4 OLB if asked to because he can tack contact and is a decent pass rusher when asked.    Has a tough mentality and plays the game with passion which is very important.  

A few of these guys I'd only briefly looked at this year. Weaver is deceptive to me in that he looks like a back up TE but plays like an elite LB. I think he could play edge with his get off and size but he's adept in space. I read that Gay was considering declaring. I think Dantzler's better than a mid rounder.

21 hours ago, TENINCH said:

Where is Carter Coughlin? DId I miss him?

Reminds me of Vince Biegel but Biegel was a lot more stout at the point of attack. Late rounder to UFA who probably needs to transition to ILB to stick.

On 12/15/2019 at 10:21 AM, BrownLeader said:

Bituli's a slow, clunky, strong guy that either rushes on passing downs or comes off the field. He's a Brandon Spikes type throwback that I figure will be an UDFA.

Looks like we're seeing two different people cause Bituli looks like a specimen to me.  An elite athlete who can run sideline to sideline with the best of em.   Hopefully he gets invited to the combine so we can see how he tests athletically cause I definitely don't see Bradon Spikes type player.

On 12/15/2019 at 10:21 AM, BrownLeader said:

Just a mistake.

Lake was a LB sized safety with freakish athletic ability. He even played CB at times. Warrior looks like an undersized center fielder to me that'll need to show up well in athletic testing to really move up boards.

Bituli is a tackling machine. Excellent at stopping the run. 

• 4 weeks later...

Updated rankings on the first page*

Higher

QB Anthony Gordon

Finesse developmental guy with really solid accuracy and touch. Didn't realize he was a senior.

RB Jalen Hurts

Draft blasphemy to call another dual threat high character QB a RB instead of a QB? Nah. Hurts relies on his legs even more than Lamar did and is better built for it. That's not saying he won't be tried at QB, but I think, similar to Taysom, he'll be much more dangerous as a runner.

WR Lynn Bowden

Hated his action and response to nearly getting himself suspended from the Bowl game, but on the field, he's a big time playmaker with great ball skills.

WR Tyler Johnson

Looked longer at him and I'm really impressed with his feet and cod. Basically unrecoverable on slants and could've had even more production.

TE Devin Asiasi

Eye opening film imo. He should be in the conversation for TE#1.

OG Alaric Jackson

Decent LT at Iowa but I think he'd make a great transition inside to OG.

CB Chris Claybrooks

Elite tools and doesn't back down physically from anyone. Sleeper now that I bet will start getting buzz soon.

Edited by BrownLeader

10 hours ago, JTagg7754 said:

This certainly can't be based off of his performance on the field. Are you related to him?

Why do you say that? He has a strong arm both in velocity and distance, prototypical size, good athleticism to evade defenders and he has a 4.0 GPA. his numbers both last year and this year are solid and consistent.  I believe most of his weaknesses are coach-able. For all the college reps he has had his footwork should be better and with improvement on that so too will his accuracy improve. When his has the right footing he is plenty accurate though. He will have to get better at not staring down receivers and going through progression but again I believe these things can be coached and Oregon just hasn't demanded it with their offense.   

10 hours ago, vikes635 said:

Why do you say that? He has a strong arm both in velocity and distance, prototypical size, good athleticism to evade defenders and he has a 4.0 GPA. his numbers both last year and this year are solid and consistent.  I believe most of his weaknesses are coach-able. For all the college reps he has had his footwork should be better and with improvement on that so too will his accuracy improve. When his has the right footing he is plenty accurate though. He will have to get better at not staring down receivers and going through progression but again I believe these things can be coached and Oregon just hasn't demanded it with their offense.   

Why do I say that? B/c I watched him play. He's not even close to being on Burrow's level. Not the least bit. The only thing he has over Burrow is arm strength but when you're wildly inaccurate, so why does that matter? It's easy to sit here and say "coaching will fix everything" but the fact of the matter is, no, it won't. You need to show actual ability to play the position and Herbert really hasnt' done that from a first round perspective. The excuses you present is why people like Blaine Gabbart get picked in the first round when they should have 3rd-4th round grades

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/5/2019 at 1:03 PM, BrownLeader said:

1/30/20

Screenshot-2020-01-30-2019-SCOUTING-talkScreenshot-2020-01-30-2019-SCOUTING-talkScreenshot-2020-01-30-2019-SCOUTING-talkScreenshot-2020-01-30-2019-SCOUTING-talkScreenshot-2020-01-30-2019-SCOUTING-talkScreenshot-2020-01-30-2019-SCOUTING-talkScreenshot-2020-01-30-2019-SCOUTING-talkScreenshot-2020-01-30-2019-SCOUTING-talkScreenshot-2020-01-30-2019-SCOUTING-talkScreenshot-2020-01-30-2019-SCOUTING-talkScreenshot-2020-01-30-2019-SCOUTING-talkScreenshot-2020-01-30-2019-SCOUTING-talkScreenshot-2020-01-30-2019-SCOUTING-talkScreenshot-2020-01-30-2019-SCOUTING-talkScreenshot-2020-01-30-2019-SCOUTING-talkScreenshot-2020-01-30-2019-SCOUTING-talkScreenshot-2020-01-30-2019-SCOUTING-talk

Screenshot-2020-01-30-2019-SCOUTING-talkScreenshot-2020-01-30-2019-SCOUTING-talk

*updated post senior week rankings for any interested

guy's I guess I'm lower on than most:

- OT Josh Jones

- CB Trevon Diggs

- WR Tee Higgins

- OG Natane Muti

- S Xavier MvKinney

- WR Michael Pittman

- OC Tyler Biasasz

- TE Brycen Hopkins

- DT Ross Blacklock

guys I'm apparently higher on than most: