BrownLeader 2020 Positional Rankings

BrownLeader

4 minutes ago, badgers0821 said:

I literally just stated facts but ok. And you 100% were arguing that Dobbins is great because he had more yards than Zeke in college...I was pointing out that the comment you made below is not a good argument.

Dobbins has more yards in a three year career at Ohio State than Zek Elliott had and it is by a very wide margin,” (it was by about 300 yards on over 100 more carries). Zeke was a much more efficient runner. I know you can’t admit when your wrong and that’s fine but don’t get all butt hurt when you are.

Where did I say Dobbin is a better pro prospect than Zek Elliott?  You just see what you want to see.  Not a huge surprise.  If you did read I was comparing him to other backs in the draft actually head to head.  

Anything else?  Or you want to pretend Wisconsin has a below average OL with a 1st round pick playing center.  I sure hope there is some errors on the OL when they have three totally new starters who do not have much experience at all and lost four starting OL from last years team.

19 minutes ago, BrownLeader said:

I'm not always the greatest at evaluating prospects speed but wow, you've got some lofty times to fairly average speed guys imo. I will say though, looking closer at Dobbins of late, he's got better short area lateral quickness than I've been giving him credit for. I think Doug Martin is my best comp for him right now.

and fwiw..

Najee Harris - bigger Bilal Powell

Thompson couldn't range downfield and get a PD?

Tbh, i'm not comparing them specifically as prospects. Thompson vibe just means a guy that has all pro tools and is drafted high but gets a little lost on the field and doesn't have as big an impact as expected. I'm still a fan of Simmons though.

Where does Simmons get lost on the field?  He is playing deep safety at times and is literally out of the play.  He is not around the line of scrimmage as often and actually is playing more safety than I thought he would this year.  Just that fact alone, a dude 6-4 225 can still play safety and have the speed to make plays behind the line of scrimmage on screen plays is insane.  The guy is a super athlete and will be a top 5 pick in the draft.  And no Shaq Thompson could not make that play and many plays Simmons can and has made the past two seasons.  Length difference along makes it not even a conversation in my book.  If Simmons was actually asked to play linebacker at all times in college he would be all over the place in coverage and making plays in space.  But they cannot allow Muse to just sit back there deep and they do allow Simmons to roam around quite a lot and go back and forth.

In terms of upside and athletic ability in coverage, Simmons has arguably as much potential as any LB to come into the league in a very long time.  Would not be surprised if a team uses him still in a safety type role in the middle in the right system in the NFL.

1 hour ago, Ozzy said:

Where did I say Dobbin is a better pro prospect than Zek Elliott?  You just see what you want to see.  Not a huge surprise.  If you did read I was comparing him to other backs in the draft actually head to head.  

Anything else?  Or you want to pretend Wisconsin has a below average OL with a 1st round pick playing center.  I sure hope there is some errors on the OL when they have three totally new starters who do not have much experience at all and lost four starting OL from last years team.

Where does Simmons get lost on the field?  He is playing deep safety at times and is literally out of the play.  He is not around the line of scrimmage as often and actually is playing more safety than I thought he would this year.  Just that fact alone, a dude 6-4 225 can still play safety and have the speed to make plays behind the line of scrimmage on screen plays is insane.  The guy is a super athlete and will be a top 5 pick in the draft.  And no Shaq Thompson could not make that play and many plays Simmons can and has made the past two seasons.  Length difference along makes it not even a conversation in my book.  If Simmons was actually asked to play linebacker at all times in college he would be all over the place in coverage and making plays in space.  But they cannot allow Muse to just sit back there deep and they do allow Simmons to roam around quite a lot and go back and forth.

In terms of upside and athletic ability in coverage, Simmons has arguably as much potential as any LB to come into the league in a very long time.  Would not be surprised if a team uses him still in a safety type role in the middle in the right system in the NFL.

Man you take this wayyyy to seriously. I never said Wisconsin had a below average OL, I said they played below average at times. And yes, of course they were going to regress after losing 3 starters to the NFL, but that doesn’t negate the fact that they did regress. 

I know this “analysis” you do is your life’s work but you need to be able to be objective at times, you’re not always going to be right and that’s ok.

6 minutes ago, badgers0821 said:

Man you take this wayyyy to seriously. I never said Wisconsin had a below average OL, I said they played below average at times. And yes, of course they were going to regress after losing 3 starters to the NFL, but that doesn’t negate the fact that they did regress. 

I know this “analysis” you do is your life’s work but you need to be able to be objective at times, you’re not always going to be right and that’s ok.

I never said Dobbins was a better pro prospect than Zeke.

I never said an athletic QB does not help the run game.

I never said Wisconsin had an 'elite' O-line this season.  

Being right?  This has nothing to do about who is right, I am saying you are arguing things with me I never even said, just because you can try to prove some point because of the agenda you have.  Oh, I will get him on this?  Yeah I never said those things sorry.  So take those things out that I never said and what exactly is your point?  Dobbins sucks?  Ok great.  Will see about that in a few weeks and come combine time.  

Anything else? 

On 12/5/2019 at 12:03 PM, BrownLeader said:

Greetings! Sharing rankings again for your scrutiny. I'm trying to get eyes on as many guys as I can so if there's someone I've missed or if you think I'm just too low/high on a guy, or you just feel like talking sh#t, let me know. previous FF links 2019 | 2018: | 2017 | 2016.  ...and all my draft stuff ...@ TALKDRAFT.NET 

12/5/19

Screenshot-2019-12-10-talkdraft-net-1.pnScreenshot-2019-12-10-talkdraft-net-2.pnScreenshot-2019-12-10-talkdraft-net-3.pnScreenshot-2019-12-10-talkdraft-net-4.pnScreenshot-2019-12-05-DE-OLB-talkdraft-6Screenshot-2019-12-05-DE-OLB-talkdraft-5Screenshot-2019-12-09-talkdraft-net-4.pnScreenshot-2019-12-05-DE-OLB-talkdraft-3Screenshot-2019-12-09-talkdraft-net-3.pnScreenshot-2019-12-09-talkdraft-net-2.pnScreenshot-2019-12-09-talkdraft-net-1.pnScreenshot-2019-12-05-WR-talkdraft-4.pngScreenshot-2019-12-05-WR-talkdraft-3.pngScreenshot-2019-12-09-talkdraft-net.pngScreenshot-2019-12-10-talkdraft-net.pngScreenshot-2019-12-05-WR-talkdraft.png

Nice work dude, I'm hoping Winfield sticks around another year but way to get the pre-combine rankings done. I'm only half way myself

• Like 1

I have not had a chance to follow him this year but I was liking what I had seen out of Steven Montez going into the year. Why so low on him? Love is a jr right? If so I would like him to stay and develop one more year. I would like to see how he would do during senior bowl practices. 

9 hours ago, vikes635 said:

Justin Herbert still ranks #1 QB in this years class IMO

Seems like the more I look at Herbert the less optimistic I am about him. He gives me a Mark Sanchez vibe.

5 hours ago, vikes635 said:

I have not had a chance to follow him this year but I was liking what I had seen out of Steven Montez going into the year. Why so low on him? Love is a jr right? If so I would like him to stay and develop one more year. I would like to see how he would do during senior bowl practices. 

Montez is similar to Logan Thomas imo. Monster arm, stature and athleticism but has some awful processing. Montez is slightly better and doesn't have Thomas' accuracy problems but I think he's strictly a project guy that a team is going to hope to get lucky with late.

colin Cowherd was just talking up Love this week, comparing him to Burrow. Sounds crazy but his point was that QBs that have faced more adversity in college make better pros. He's trended down this season but I really like his tools and I could see him become a steal in a good situation. Staying could possibly recoup his draft stock with a big senior year but I'm not sure how great that team/coaching around him is.

Edited by BrownLeader

On 12/6/2019 at 2:23 AM, Gobraves101035 said:

To not have Daniel Bituli or Nigel Warrior on this list is criminal 

Daniel Bituli reminds me of Darius Leonard physically.  I think he has star potential in the NFL.

Nigel Warrior reminds me of Carnell Lake.  He can be a really good box safety similar to Jamal Adams.

On 12/6/2019 at 10:30 AM, BrownLeader said:

Zach Moss is right there as well as far as a complete back. In fact, huge fan of Moss since I first saw him but he's just routinely dinged up. I feel like he'll either be a big steal or remain injury prone as a pro. Dobbins just strikes me as a solid, versatile power back but not really explosive. I get a Royce Freeman/Carlos Hyde/Jordan Howard vibe from him.

I agree.  Zach Moss is underrated.  I can see him having a very solid pro career.

6 hours ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

My man, never change....

If you want some more player comps for the Tenneseee players coming out this year here you go:

Jauan Jennings = Carl Pickens

Darrell Taylor = Brian Orakpo lite

Marquez Callaway = DeAndre Hopkins like

I like the pro potential of all 5 guys.  Bituli has the highest ceiling.  Jennings is the safest bet given his competitive nature. 

12 minutes ago, AlNFL19 said:

@VanS Why do you tend to think so highly of so many Tennessee players?

As a fellow Vols fan, it's because these past two years are the first time a number of our players have received actual coaching.  And a number really improved and got consistent the last 2/3rds of the season.

Think of how Kamara was a backup behind Hurd under Butch Jones.  It's the same concept.  Not saying any will be his caliber, but they'll be better than they were in college and great value choices.

Van can of course speak for himself, but that's why I'm higher on a few of these Vols.

4 hours ago, AlNFL19 said:

@VanS Why do you tend to think so highly of so many Tennessee players?

Butch Jones did a remarkable job recruiting talented players.  He just was a lousy coach.  But if you look up the caliber of talent he's put in the NFL versus his record its pretty astounding.  Note that he coached J.J. Watt, Antonio Brown, Travis Kelce, and Alvin Kamara in college.  All 4 turned out to be All-Pro players who at one point were arguably the best at their position in the NFL.

I watched the 2015 and 2016 Tennessee teams and was impressed by all the NFL talent on the field.  I'm big on physical tools and the eye test.  And those teams were filled with NFL caliber talent that were under utilized.  If guys like Bituli, Warrior, Callaway, and Jennings were at a school like Alabama people would be talking about them as high round picks.  But because they play for a mediocre college team people find it hard to believe that much talent could be there.

• Like 1