GDT: Titans -2.5 (7-5) @ Raiders (6-6)

ragevsuall17

Titans continue rolling and come up against a stumbling Raiders team, who has been outscored 74-12 in the last 2 weeks.  One of those games was a 34-3 loss to the hapless Jets.

But it seems like the popular thought with most analysts is that this a trap game that the Titans will lose.  I know it's a road game (backend of back to back road games)... I know it's sandwiched between 2 divisional opponents... I know we could be in for a fall after the emotional win, getting that Colt monkey of our backs... but I just don't see it.  

Henry is running like a man possessed... He's ran for 496 yards and 5 TDs on 68 carries during the current 3 game winning streak.  The Raiders are 11th in the NFL in rushing yards given up and 8th in ypc.... And are bottom 10 in yards(9th worst), TDs (4th worst), and Y/A (6th worst).  

Greg Rosenthal agrees that we keep it going this week:

Tennessee Titans 27, Oakland Raiders 13

4:25 p.m. ET (CBS) | Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum (Oakland, Calif.)

The Raiders have lost by a combined score of 74-12 the last two weeks, with their only touchdown coming in the final seconds of garbage time in Kansas City. This is a sign of a poor football team, as is a scoring differential that's worse than the Jets or Falcons. The defense has been poor all year, but the team's passing attack has run out of big plays and open receivers for Derek Carr. Wideout Zay Jones arrived from Buffalo, plays nearly every snap and provides almost no production. Against a strong Titans front built to stop Offensive Rookie of the Year favorite Josh Jacobs, the Raiders will struggle to score. Against a Titans offense ranked first in red zone percentage, the Raiders could quickly find themselves in catch-up mode again.

I worry about this game so much. Going out West after a huge win against an an opponent the Titans have struggled with. Plus even though the Raiders have looked like complete garbage the past 2 games, they’re I believe 5-1 at home with their only loss against the Chiefs. They can run the ball and Waller is a hell of a weapon. I worry with how inconsistent our run D has been and with TEs still giving this team fits, the Raiders could very well give the Titans a lot of issues. Not to mention the injuries are starting to pile up. May be missing Adoree, Sims, and now with Humphries and Brown not practicing.... Could be one of those games...

It won't be a pushover game and fans shouldn't be surprised or mad if they lose. They got beat by the Chiefs, from my understanding, because of turnovers and penalties.  It would be different it was outright bad play. But the penalties and turnovers can flip real quick and they be right in it. 

They can run it, they can pass it. They have some good young rushers.

Not a gimme by any means. 

I hate when the Titans go out west we hysterically don’t do well out their but the last time we played in Oakland was the last time we beat the Raiders 

Titans having a banged up secondary scares me but I’m hoping that the Titans can lean on Henry and Tannehill can move the chains when asked too

Brocks not a bum, He Ryan and Smith should be enough but it would be nice to get Adoree or Sims back but we will have to wait and see

10 hours ago, renndawg37 said:

We should dominate this game. Show us we aren't the same old Titans (please?!)

We're on back to back road games, missing 3 of our top 4 corners, playing at a team that's 5-1 at home and while coming off some bad losses, is just 1 game behind us in the playoff race.

There is no "should dominate" about this game.

3 hours ago, TitanLegend said:

We're on back to back road games, missing 3 of our top 4 corners, playing at a team that's 5-1 at home and while coming off some bad losses, is just 1 game behind us in the playoff race.

There is no "should dominate" about this game.

Oakland may be without Josh Jacobs. He's missed the last two days of practice with a fractured shoulder.

But stuff like this worries me.

5 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

He’s been playing with the shoulder for a while now. Probably just giving him a break so I highly doubt he misses this week.

True, but it's surfaced on social media just this week. I don't think it's a good look for the Raiders to keep trotting him out there when he's legitimately hurt.