Ron Rivera to Detroit?

KOTN-93

I was thinking about where Rivera should go next.

Guy was 76-63 and went to a SB so he'll get another shot and I actually think he should go to Detroit (assuming Patricia is fired) I like him paired with Stafford at this point in Staffords career and the defense should improve under Rivera.

Lions fans what do you think?

2 hours ago, Bolts223 said:

I think Patricia gets one more year.

I think the Browns should hire him. They have talent, they just desperately need someone who is experienced and knows what he is doing. Rivera is a perfect fit.

I wouldn’t want them to hire him because what you say is accurate. He could handle the wealth of personalities they have on that team and be the strong presence needed to get a Baker Mayfield under control.

That said, the best place for Rivera would probably be the Texans. He could do a lot with that defense. I think there would be a lot of mutual respect between he and Watson. It’s probably not likely to happen with BoB seemingly being loved by the ownership, but perhaps a blowout loss in the playoffs would be just what the doctor ordered, especially if it’s a division rival such as the Titans. That might be enough to have them move on.

4 hours ago, Bolts223 said:

I think Patricia gets one more year.

I think the Browns should hire him. They have talent, they just desperately need someone who is experienced and knows what he is doing. Rivera is a perfect fit.

This statment gives me flash backs of John Fox in Chicago.

But Chicago didn't have any talent on offence besides Howard at running back.

Edited by DABEARSLCF04

Patricia imo is a good coach that needs more time and more offensive stability.

They need to address some OL issues, they've gotta get more offensive weapons and get the running game going. They've also had injuries that have derailed their talent level. They've gotta get some things figured out defensively. He deserves at least one more season. He has the makings of a potentially great coach if they make the right roster moves in FA or the draft.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, PapaShogun said:

I thought you said the Gentlemen rebuild was going great? Is firing Shurmur after year 2 a part of the plan? :)

I’d say he’s the reason it’s not going well. He doesn’t know how to utilize his talent. The game management and play calling is terrible. No adjustments. Repeated mistakes. I know what the Giants saw in Shurmur at the time, but he is not built to be a head coach. I’d love to see Rivera come in and use Saquon like they use McCaffrey in Carolina. Maybe not run him into a wall on every play.

• Like 1