Ron Rivera to Detroit?

KOTN-93

11 hours ago, diamondbull424 said:

That said, the best place for Rivera would probably be the Texans. He could do a lot with that defense. I think there would be a lot of mutual respect between he and Watson. It’s probably not likely to happen with BoB seemingly being loved by the ownership, but perhaps a blowout loss in the playoffs would be just what the doctor ordered, especially if it’s a division rival such as the Titans. That might be enough to have them move on.

I wouldn't say no, but it'll be interesting to see how Riverboat Ron would transition the current 34 look to a 4-3. A guy like Whitney Mercilius might not fit into a full time 4-3 DE, and might not work out as a 4-3 WLB either... I think guys like Berdnardrick McKinney and Zach Cunningham could transition to MLB and SLB, but you'd probably see a drop in their overall effectiveness. 

As far as BOB, I think the short term benefits of his stint as GM has further rooted him into the franchise. I still think they would like to bring in Caserio, but the rest of the brain trust feels good about his decisions.

We'll see if that continues as we go through drafts without premium picks.

Ron Rivera is just the first of many HCs to get fired this season. (Technically the second, Jay Gruden)

Theres an outside chance Adam Gase is fired.

Anthony Lynn, Jason Garrett, Freddie Kitchens, Dan Quinn,  Pat Shurmur, Pat Sewell (I dont think he keeps the job), Bill Callahan (don't think he keeps the job) and possibly Zac Taylor are all coaches I think will be fired.

17 hours ago, DABEARSLCF04 said:

This statment gives me flash backs of John Fox in Chicago.

But Chicago didn't have any talent on offence besides Howard at running back.

I feel like Rivera is a bit more in tune with the modern game than Fox was.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Bolts223 said:

I feel like Rivera is a bit more in tune with the modern game than Fox was.

It’s true. We didn’t run a draw play every 3rd and long, we blitzed more, and didn’t play 8 yards off the receiver when they only needed 4. It was better. 

Edited by DaveDX

8 hours ago, HolmesPriest said:

He going to Dallas Next Season

Which would be kinda ironic since both have relatively the same W/L since 2011. 

Surprisingly, Ron Rivera and Jason Garrett's head-coaching career isn't all that dissimilar. ... Starting in 2011, Jason Garrett has a regular-season win/loss record of 78-62 compared to Ron Rivera's 76-63-1 regular-season record

34 minutes ago, Classic said:

In my opinion, Rivera is gonna be the Chargers next head coach, as soon as Lynn gets canned at the end of the year. We have more appealing players on defense and offense. The only other team more appealing for Rivera would be the Browns. 

If I were a guy like Rivera, who is probably going to be a highly sought-after HC candidate, the Chargers would be a very attractive situation.  They have a ton of talent, and I would get to find my own QB to start implementing my system.  I bet there are a lot of guys who would love that job.

31 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

If I were a guy like Rivera, who is probably going to be a highly sought-after HC candidate, the Chargers would be a very attractive situation.  They have a ton of talent, and I would get to find my own QB to start implementing my system.  I bet there are a lot of guys who would love that job.

While this may be true, he'd also inherited the unfortunate circumstances that surrounded kicking the aging FQB who's led that Franchise for over 15 years to curb for said New QB. Ala Pat Shurmur in NY with Eli.

You also have take the Stadium and lack of Fan support during Home Games into consideration as well. While the weather, talent and upside is there for the LAC, it's far from a slam dunk no brainers type landing spot to me.

The real Question is, does Rivera convince the FO to try and get Cam via trade to follow him, if said Landing spot needs a QB? Or has that ship sailed from Cam's perspective because he blames Ron to a certain extent for his shoulder?

Edited by Nabbs4u